The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

Ghosty-J

After getting VF5FS years ago on PS3 for free, I now have it on my most active system; and for only 3.70. I went in with Pai and won ten matches in a row. It felt good to be able to properly force tech my opponent.

Now what's this round table thing about? Finally a new VF?
It's about "the future of VF". I'm crossing my fingers it's a VF6 announcement. That would certainly make my day XD

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I can see why I enjoyed using Aoi in VF4Evo. Her reversals are so beautiful to watch and she has some pretty decent pokes. Overall, I'm getting better with Aoi while learning the game's mechanics. I seem to be using more defensive oriented characters in fighting games lately and Aoi is no exception. She has so many defensive options that it's kind of hard to remember them all. Still, since I do play DOA a lot, she's been easier to adjust to since her reversals are essentially counters.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Interviews with DOA's Yosuke Hayashi and Tekken's Katsuhiro Harada are up in the Virtua Fighter 20th Anniversary website.

The Round Table Discussion on the Future of VF will begin at 7:30PM JSP (Japan Standard Time) or 5:30AM Eastern Time. NicoNico will stream the event.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
nothing lol.

i believe they said there will be an announcement 1st quarter in 2014. There were also interviews with Harada from and Hayashi.

Pretty terrible imo.
How underwhelming. :( But I guess we can look forward to the announcement in Q1 2014.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
nothing lol.

i believe they said there will be an announcement 1st quarter in 2014. There were also interviews with Harada from and Hayashi.

Pretty terrible imo.
I got the feeling the Sailor Moon reboot is gonna get delayed in the same manner... but this is quite the standup.

ScattereDreams

Exactly what did they discuss at the event? I was really looking forward to some huge announcement, but it was pretty plain...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Hayashi talked about how aMAZING it was to have Virtua Fighter characters in his game. How he played VF in the arcades a few times in his youth. Inspiring. VF6 will sell millions now thanks to that little spill.

Puño de Leyenda

As everyone already knows by now, nothing was announced, and it seems that the whole "future of VF" angle for the discussion may have not actually ever been stated to be part of it...

Here's some things from VFDC:

Check out Myke's posts here on the bottom of the page:

http://virtuafighter.com/threads/vi...ter-round-table-discussion.18482/#post-374166

That said, there is still hope! This is what Batcommander referred to(See Unicorn's Post):
http://virtuafighter.com/threads/virtua-fighter-6.16975/page-50#post-374134

I don't know the context of that statement. so I can't really tell if it referred to VF or Sega in general...Either way, just keep playing or buy the current game if you love the series...and if something comes along- it will come...If not, well, maybe Tecmo Koei will step in and save the characters from falling into limbo by combining the world of VF and DOA...Although, if so, they should definitely bring Sega's AM2 team along for the ride too!

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Harada and Hayashi? Virtua Fighter vs. Tekken vs. Dead or Alive
Oh God, I hope Tekken wouldn't be part of that equation. Bounds are the whole reason I don't really like playing Tekken 6 and Tag 2. DOA handles juggles better and so does VF.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD