The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I ended up swapping to Sarah because she's a better fit for how I generally play. I was doing good with Akira though, but she feels more natural to me. Has nothing to do with the learning curve.

@VirtuaKazama I think the lobby system is bugged. Played last night with Silent, Law, & Next Frame then it kept kicking us & wouldn't let us play then only spectate, but we figured it out.
Oh, great... Thanks for the heads up.

This does draw a bit of concern with tonight's tournament.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Oh, great... Thanks for the heads up.

This does draw a bit of concern with tonight's tournament.
Yeah for sure. IDK if it came from this last patch or not, but now it has an issue to where that happens. I think NLBC ran into this issue too when they had theirs. It kept kicking some people too or the game would crash.

I also had to drop out unfortunately & was looking forward to playing in your event. Had to mainly because of the iffy weather here & each time it's stormed the past 2 or 3 times, it knocked out my connection. Didn't used to happen so consistently. So I want to play it safe & make sure that it wouldn't slow up the tournament process or be an issue to people. It's cool though. I got you next time & if you want to play hit me up sometime.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Yeah for sure. IDK if it came from this last patch or not, but now it has an issue to where that happens. I think NLBC ran into this issue too when they had theirs. It kept kicking some people too or the game would crash.

I also had to drop out unfortunately & was looking forward to playing in your event. Had to mainly because of the iffy weather here & each time it's stormed the past 2 or 3 times, it knocked out my connection. Didn't used to happen so consistently. So I want to play it safe & make sure that it wouldn't slow up the tournament process or be an issue to people. It's cool though. I got you next time & if you want to play hit me up sometime.
I understand. Don't worry, the next bi-weekly will be in two weeks, but I won't be around since I'm going to be on vacation.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
It likely won't anytime soon, making it exclusive to PS4 for now imo is a smart move. There's nothing stopping you from playing it now on PS4 unless you don't own one

GG Strive can be played on the PS5, a superior console. It's silly to force people to play on an inferior console in 2021 when there's superior options such as the Xbox Series X|S, PS5 or Steam. Limiting VF5US to just PS4 was a dumb move.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
GG Strive can be played on the PS5, a superior console. It's silly to force people to play on an inferior console in 2021 when there's superior options such as the Xbox Series X|S, PS5 or Steam. Limiting VF5US to just PS4 was a dumb move.
I don't think so. Most people now still have their ps4s so by making the game exclusive to that it makes it more accessible since a larger majority of people still own and play on the PS4 and or pro. If they made it on ps5 it would have gotten some downloads but not nearly as much as PS4 since that's still what the majority owns, in maybe another year or 2 when more games are released on ps5 like Street fighter 6 and Tekken 8 and whatever future releases are done I'm sure the ps5 will overtake the PS4 but Sega did a smart move by playing it safe and sticking to PS4, especially since VF5US was kind of a surprise and is a remake rather than a full new installment like SF5 was for PS4 so Sega did that since I don't think people would have necessarily bought a ps5 just to play a remade VF5 iteration, even if it was still free for ps+ users

Plus VF5US has a ton of downloads and lots of people playing it and enjoying it so I can't say it was dumb imo. They'll make it multi platform when the time is right, if people really want to still play it till then there's nothing stopping them from booting their PS4 up and getting it unless they don't own one, especially since the game was free for ps+ users during June xD if you have a ps4 and still didn't download it when it was free or even now because you're waiting on a potential PC or other platform port that hasn't really been confirmed yet, I can't say you are making a wise decision

Radiance

VF is a great fighter but does not have the casual fan base other fighting games do. Restricting the game to launch exclusively on PS4 is a bad idea. VF5FS didn't last that long on both 360 and PS3; I don't know how long they expect the game to thrive on just one platform. It's still VF5FS with a graphical overhaul, and slight tweaks. Not to mention, covid still has the offline scenes on standstill meaning the game is not getting the same exposure VF5FS did when it first launched and they are just limiting that by keeping it on one console.

Unless you're Street Fighter or Tekken, I don't think making your fighter exclusive to one platform is wise...

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Actually not surprised it didn't get the spot granted I wanted it to. Been playing the game the most right now out of any other game.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Ah right, I forgot. SEGA did their first-ever VF5US/VFes online tournament, known as the Virtua Fighter eSports Pre Season Match. 118 players competed in the event.

1st Place - Shiro (Jacky)
2nd Place - Barugo (Jean)
3rd Place - Katayama (Pai)

Character Usage (Thank you, Akai from VFDC):
Sarah (12)
Akira (11)
Pai (9)
Brad (8)
Jacky (8)
Lion (8)
Vanessa (8)
Shun (7)
Goh (6)
Jean (6)
Kage (6)
Lei (6)
Taka (5)
Wolf (5)
Aoi (4)
Jeffry (4)
Blaze (2)
Lau (2)
Eileen (1)

More information: https://virtuafighter.com/threads/pre-season-match-segas-first-online-tournament.21680/

Radiance

Ah right, I forgot. SEGA did their first-ever VF5US/VFes online tournament, known as the Virtua Fighter eSports Pre Season Match. 118 players competed in the event.

1st Place - Shiro (Jacky)
2nd Place - Barugo (Jean)
3rd Place - Katayama (Pai)

Character Usage (Thank you, Akai from VFDC):
Sarah (12)
Akira (11)
Pai (9)
Brad (8)
Jacky (8)
Lion (8)
Vanessa (8)
Shun (7)
Goh (6)
Jean (6)
Kage (6)
Lei (6)
Taka (5)
Wolf (5)
Aoi (4)
Jeffry (4)
Blaze (2)
Lau (2)
Eileen (1)

More information: https://virtuafighter.com/threads/pre-season-match-segas-first-online-tournament.21680/

Ahh yes, love watching me some high level VF from the Japanese scene.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD