The official Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown thread

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I've been following up on EVO Japan 2023's number of entrants and as of right now, we have a total of 3,908 players attending the event. Here's the ranking so far:

1. Street Fighter V: Champion Edition (1,270 players)
  2. Tekken 7 (1,136 players)
  3. Guilty Gear -STRIVE- (1,100 players)
  4. The King of Fighters XV (540 players)
  5. Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown/Virtua Fighter eSports (513 players)
  6. Melty Blood Type Lumina (440 players)
  7. Granblue Fantasy Versus (394 players)

Source: https://www.start.gg/tournament/evo-japan-2023-1/attendees

These numbers are not final yet since registrations are still ongoing. They will be ending in a few days, however.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I've been following up on EVO Japan 2023's number of entrants and as of right now, we have a total of 3,908 players attending the event. Here's the ranking so far:

1. Street Fighter V: Champion Edition (1,270 players)
  2. Tekken 7 (1,136 players)
  3. Guilty Gear -STRIVE- (1,100 players)
  4. The King of Fighters XV (540 players)
  5. Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown/Virtua Fighter eSports (513 players)
  6. Melty Blood Type Lumina (440 players)
  7. Granblue Fantasy Versus (394 players)

Source: https://www.start.gg/tournament/evo-japan-2023-1/attendees

These numbers are not final yet since registrations are still ongoing. They will be ending in a few days, however.

Finally, a main game that I feel is catered to my taste. I'm also very excited. XD

Last edited:

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

Especially when Itagaki and now Suzuki are crafting NFTs. I almost literally cried when I saw that. Both of my heroes from my childhood are sellouts.

Even though there was no announcement at EVO Japan the Virtua Fighter tournament was an incredible event. Something that I hope happens for VF again.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I forgot to mention: The 18th Beat-Tribe Cup was announced last week. It will be part of DreamHack Japan as well and they will be using VF5FS for the tournament. I know why you're wondering why they're using VF5FS instead of VF5US/VFes and I'll explain it here:

Yes, VF5US does have an arcade port and it runs under the same arcade hardware as DOA6 and Guilty Gear Strive. However, the arcade port of VF5US/VFes has been reported to have more input lag compared to the console port. This is mostly because of the SEGA ALL.Net P-ras MULTI Ver.3 (APM3) itself.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I didn't share this last week because I was in the middle of moving, but Seiji Aoki did an interview with GamersBrave on the future of Virtua Fighter after VF5US. Aoki explained a lot about what he wanted to do with the franchise going forward. Here are the key elements from the article:

• Aoki explains that Rollback Netcode is essential to VF going forward.
  • Aoki expresses interest in going to EVO in the future.
  • Because the in-voice dialogue is over 15 years old and most of the VAs are no longer available, it would require a re-record. (Note: Taka's VA passed away last year)
  • Aoki wants to create something not only for the fighting game players, but also for the spectators as well.
  • Aoki wants to keep the design philosophy of simple controls and realistic movement.
This is quite an article you need to check out!

Link: https://www.gamerbraves.com/seiji-aoki-says-its-essential-future-virtua-fighter-games-have-rollback/

Derock

• Because the in-voice dialogue is over 15 years old and most of the VAs are no longer available, it would require a re-record. (Note: Taka's VA passed away last year)
Not only over 15 years old, but hardly ever used, including grunts and hurt sounds. I revealed about Pai and Sarah's a couple of years ago: Pai had tons, including her VF4's "old lady" grunts that weren't even used and Sarah had 3 different voice actresses.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well, thank God he said something.

Only downside is that he forgot that the majority of the FGC considers it a fossil, at this point (especially with no story mode).
Not technically imo, as far as VF5 itself yeah since the vanilla game on console was out when I was 9, I think if they just made a full new game, put more emphasis on the story and also overhauled the visuals and started using fresh voice lines and such it'd get alot of attention, Ultimate Showdown didn't really change much besides the visuals and the music so I think that's why it's mainly just the serious fans that play it

TheHunterKiller692

Not technically imo
Then my definition of "dead" is different from yours.
I think if they just made a full new game, put more emphasis on the story and also overhauled the visuals and started using fresh voice lines and such, it'd get alot of attention.
Well, at least he's willing to negotiate. But, I won't hold my breath that a new game will really he enough to keep Sega from bleeding money rn.
Besides, Sega's fans blow way too much smoke up my ass trying to make me play Virtua Fighter 2 (Fighters Megamix and Fighting Vipers were pretty fun, tho.) and not expect myself to at least point stuff out when others won't.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD