Weirdest Online Moments

Keved

So it's a rainy somber night, no work tomorrow, stuff all on the tele so why don't I play some DoA5 online i say to myself? Haven't done it in a while, might be a little rusty around the gills but so what! Let's have abit of fun to lighten up the dull night yeah. I'll even dust off the cobwebs from my headset & put them on. So i power up the black box, grin as the pretty beam of blue light glimmers across the slick black box of tech & i fire up my Last Round copy. I feel ready, let's do this!

*Equips headset & enters lobby titled "Mic's only"*

Me: Hi guys, can i play?

Host: Only if you can answer my question... *Shaky breathing sounds are heard*

Me: Okay, i'll try. What's the question?

Host: *Shaky breathing sounds* "........Does Tina's vagina look like a pink, quivering rabbits nostril?" *Shaky breathing sounds*

Me: ..................... O______O

Host: *Shaky breathing sounds complimented by a husky cough followed by more shaky breathing sounds*

Me: *Slowly puts down headset & pauses, pacing myself how i am going to respond to this peculiar question in a casual voice tone......*

Host: Well?.....*Shaky breathing*

Me: *Takes a deep breathe & slowly puts headset back on*

Host: *Shaky breathing* ".........Well?"

Me: *Puts headset back down again* "Nup! I can't do this!"

*leaves lobby*

*Receives message from host*

"Well...?"

*Turns off PS4 & goes to bed*

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Chapstick

Dumbasses

Do you remember what characters they were using? It always makes me lol when someone who plays Ayane calls other characters op

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
They played Hayabusa, Ayane, Marie and Tina. Not sure why they actually mentioned Phase 4, since I was playing Kasumi all the time.

Kronin

"Would love to see the person fight like Kasumi in real life" ?! The unability to fight as the character that you use (of course, you are just pressing buttons for a videogame) is it now a legit critique?!

W6c2eyE.gif

Btw @ToKyo PewPew I loved your simple "GG's" in the middle of this mess xD

Last edited:

Chapstick

Can someone explain why this happened?

Leifang appears to grab Helena right in the middle of her 3-in-1.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor

Online latency maybe? It could be that the server said she already finished her input as the Leifang player went for the throw. Helena can't cancel in the middle of this move, can she? And did you check if she's at disadvantage if she whiffs the first attacks?

Chapstick

Online latency maybe? It could be that the server said she already finished her input as the Leifang player went for the throw. Helena can't cancel in the middle of this move, can she? And did you check if she's at disadvantage if she whiffs the first attacks?
She can't cancel it, no. And it doesn't matter if she whiffs the first 2 hits because there's a third right on the way that should have hit Leifang. It's like if someone just grabbed Phase 4 right before the last kick of PPK's 3-in-1 ender. Is it possible in general to throw someone in the recovery frames of a move that's part of a string the person was going to finish? /:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Is it possible in general to throw someone in the recovery frames of a move that's part of a string the person was going to finish?

Not sure about this, but it reminds me of Rig's bending stance transition which he can do in the middle of a string and can be neutral thrown out of due to being at -5 while doing it.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
"Phase 4 is op its kasumi but much faster
Over powerful"

Is this guy serious?

Beside the fact that she's not 'op' and not 'much' faster, he's not that wrong though. Especially not if you consider his point of view, which is mainly based on online experiences.

Pictured Mind

Beside the fact that she's not 'op' and not 'much' faster, he's not that wrong though.

But that's basically the two things he said.

In case of online I have to agree since I hate both those characters online.

Because you're playing online. Online doesn't care about your frames and triangle system.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

I bet it's because the (3)P and the first punch of the follow-up 4P whiffed. That may lead to a big enough disadvantage to be neutral thrown.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD