Weirdest Online Moments

Chapstick

We've all experienced weird things online in lobbies or ranked or whatever, share your stories here. A lot of weird things keep happening to me so I'll start.

Yesterday I was fighting a guy and I was winning and he won a match but then I won a few more times and he quit to spectator in the lobby, plugged in a mic, started yelling in what sounded like Japanese for a few minutes, then left. ._.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
A week after Final Round, a bunch of randoms I don't even know bashed the shit out of me in a public room just for placing top 16. That is the one and only weird online experience I ever had, not to mention mean and low, considering I haven't done anything to warrant that kind of abuse. I've been laying low ever since, hoping one day that when I'm stronger - if I'm ever stronger - the laughs will go away.

David Gregg

Ha ha I guess that was his way of getting...revenge?
I remember joining a lobby and there were 2 people arguing whether or not Jann's flying sidekick could be held. I entered the chat and said that it was in fact unholdable and the one who was saying it could be held left immediately and then the other one maybe 10 seconds later sent "....f" and then left as well. So I'm not sure what that was all about but whatever...I got to play the winning player next so it worked out in the end. lol

Keved

Haha!! Dear god, where on Earth do i start? I've had two main weird experiences in DoA5 that stand out because both times we were communicating through mics which makes things just that little bit more real, haha. One of those experiences i have already explained before in another thread regarding the guy that wanted me to low grab him with Tina because he enjoyed it. Now I will explain the other experience which involved a Leon player that requested me to stomp & kick him while he was on the ground. I am guessing he had a thing for women kicking prone old men or something. Look, if that's what you're into then fine, i won't judge people on what they enjoy but when it becomes a constant request & it get's in the way of a good gaming session it starts getting abit much. I can remember this vividly because it was through the mic, it went a little something like this.

*In the lobby*

Me: "Goodluck man, may the best fighter win"

Tyuzen11: "Which female character has a good stomp move?"

Me: "Lei Fang is pretty good but Rachel would be the one you're after mate, she really digs that heel in. Why?"

Tyuzen11: *Shaky breathing is heard*

Me: "You still there man? You're breaking up abit there"

Tyuzen11: *Shaky breathing* "Yeah........yeah I'm here, pick Rachel.......p.......pick Rachel"

Me: *highlights Zack*

Tyuzen11: "Pick Rachel bro" *loud static noise is heard....due to loud voice tone*

Me: "Look, i will this time but next time I'm going with Zack, yeah? His my man" *Selects Rachel*

Tyuzen11: "..................." *highlights Leon at character select screen*

*fight starts & Tyuzen's Leon is standing still not reacting to my attacks*

Me: "Zen, everything okay mate? You're just standing there....are you lagging? All good?"

Tyuzen11: "Knock me down & stomp on me please"

Me: ".....Why mate? Where's the fun in that if you let me win?"

Tyuzen11: "Knock me down bro & stomp on me, then we will fight for real"

*Knocks Leon down & stomps him to death with Rachel*

Me: "Better? Can we play properly now?"

Tyuzen11: "........................."

Me: "Zen.......? Can we play properly now mate?

Tyuzen11: "Stomp on me with Lei Fang this time"

Me:........................
634.gif

Tyuzen11: "Are you going to pick Lei Fang so you can stomp on me with her"

Me: "Sure mate, let's pick Lei Fang"

*character select screen displays & Tyuzen11 already highlights Leon awaiting me to highlight Lei Fang*

Me: *highlights Bass*

Tyuzen11: "Hey pick Lei Fang bro like you said you would"

Me: *selects Bass* "Sorry, Bass can stomp too you know man"

Tyuzen11: "Whatever, it's not the same if it's not a chick"

*Tyuzen11 has left the match*

Chapstick

Haha!! Dear god, where on Earth do i start? I've had two main weird experiences in DoA5 that stand out because both times we were communicating through mics which makes things just that little bit more real, haha. One of those experiences i have already explained before in another thread regarding the guy that wanted me to low grab him with Tina because he enjoyed it. Now I will explain the other experience which involved a Leon player that requested me to stomp & kick him while he was on the ground. I am guessing he had a thing for women kicking prone old men or something. Look, if that's what you're into then fine, i won't judge people on what they enjoy but when it becomes a constant request & it get's in the way of a good gaming session it starts getting abit much. I can remember this vividly because it was through the mic, it went a little something like this.

*In the lobby*

Me: "Lei Fang is pretty good but Rachel would be the one you're after mate, she really digs that heel in. Why?"

Tyuzen11: *Shaky breathing* "Yeah........yeah I'm here, pick Rachel.......p.......pick Rachel"

Tyuzen11: "Pick Rachel bro" *loud static noise is heard....due to loud voice tone*

Me: "Look, i will this time but next time I'm going with Zack, yeah? His my man" *Selects Rachel*

Me: "Zen, everything okay mate? You're just standing there....are you lagging? All good?"

634.gif

*character select screen displays & Tyuzen11 already highlights Leon awaiting me to highlight Lei Fang*

mariahgross.gif

You come across the strangest people.

The only mean albeit hilarious experience I've had online was in 5 vanilla in a lobby fighting Codemaster. It was him, me, and two other guys. My first fight I choked pretty hard and lost. Then the one guy goes "yeah I don't think this is the lobby for you. to win here you have to live and breathe DOA" and I answer "I've got almost 300 hours in this game so far" which I had but it was probably stupid to say. I'd put a lot of time into the game trying to learn things and what he said irked me. So then he says

Him: "Doing what, certainly not training LOL"
Me: "Actually a lot of it has been in the lab"
Him: "hmm"
Me: "I only have about 65 hours online and most of that is waiting in lobbies"
Him: "LOL thats not much LOL" (he kept saying LOL)
Me: "I know, that's why I said 'only'"

He wouldn't get off my case but the hilarious part was that he was losing to Codemaster pretty badly every single time it was his turn to fight. So he would tell me I suck inbetween getting his ass beat and because of that it was hard to actually get upset at what he was saying.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
One of those experiences i have already explained before in another thread regarding the guy that wanted me to low grab him with Tina because he enjoyed it.

Lol. I knew that one was gonna come up in here.

*In the lobby*

634.gif

Wow.

Codemaster92163

The only mean albeit hilarious experience I've had online was in 5 vanilla in a lobby fighting Codemaster. It was him, me, and two other guys. My first fight I choked pretty hard and lost. Then the one guy goes "yeah I don't think this is the lobby for you. to win here you have to live and breathe DOA" and I answer "I've got almost 300 hours in this game so far" which I had but it was probably stupid to say. I'd put a lot of time into the game trying to learn things and what he said irked me. So then he says

Him: "Doing what, certainly not training LOL"
Me: "Actually a lot of it has been in the lab"
Him: "hmm"
Me: "I only have about 65 hours online and most of that is waiting in lobbies"
Him: "LOL thats not much LOL" (he kept saying LOL)
Me: "I know, that's why I said 'only'"

He wouldn't get off my case but the hilarious part was that he was losing to Codemaster pretty badly every single time it was his turn to fight. So he would tell me I suck inbetween getting his ass beat and because of that it was hard to actually get upset at what he was saying.

I actually remember that day, believe it or not. And I remember smiling every time I beat him, enjoying the irony of his messages in the chat. I think I apologized on his behalf back then, but even if I did, I'm again sorry that some people can be complete assholes xD

The most confusing experience I've had was when playing against MaxDrago back in Vanilla. Most anytime I would win, he would claim that the character I was using was broken (Pai, Helena, Bass, Lisa, etc.) and would only accept Zack and a few others as fair characters. As a short compilation of how it basically went down, he said...

"You're boring to play"
"Pai's Broken"
"We only lost because you're playing cheap"
"Add me."

Confused is the mildest way to explain how I felt at that moment.

Also, that Rachel stomp story reminds me of something. I'm sure I'm not the only one, since I've ran into him twice (and he may very well be that guy), but does anyone else remember coming across a guy who begs everyone to use Tina and use throws/ground throws against him? That may be the strangest experience I've had.

Edit: I just realized that you talked about that Tina guy in that post xD so I'm glad I'm not the only one who ran into that...person.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I've had a few. The one that comes to mind at the moment was when I was playing in this lobby and this guy told me: "I'm new to this game." I said: "Okay, ggs. Stick with it, you're doing fine." Then he said he was like really young (10 or 13 or something) and just asked weird questions. Then they switched the lobby to tag (to my chagrin) and he requested to partner up. I agreed, trying to be nice and pull people into the game. I would always let him fight until he died (which was pretty fast), then finish up the match. "We" were on a pretty hefty winstreak and he started sending me things like: "You're my hero." "Thanks for saving me." "hehe" Anyway, that continued for a bit until I left (got bored of the lobby) and he later sends me a chatroom invite. I go in, thinking he wants to discuss DOA. He then tells me he's like 20-something and wants to know my age and where I live, because he wants "a gaming buddy."

I'm like: no.

Keved

Lmao!!!! Loving the stories in this thread. Chapstick is onto another winner thread here it seems. :cool:

Also, that Rachel stomp story reminds me of something. I'm sure I'm not the only one, since I've ran into him twice (and he may very well be that guy), but does anyone else remember coming across a guy who begs everyone to use Tina and use throws/ground throws against him? That may be the strangest experience I've had.

Edit: I just realized that you talked about that Tina guy in that post xD so I'm glad I'm not the only one who ran into that...person.
Man, that is so gold! The lad must get around abit i reckon. The best part though is trying to get on their level of understanding with it all, especially over a mic where they can hear your voice. It's so damn awkward trying to explain the justification of it all when it's not really your thing.

Tyuzen11: "There's nothing wrong with letting Rachel stomp on my character is there?"

Me: "No............No, ......not at all! If that's what you're into.........haha!... stompity stomp stomp .....haha.... :confused:"

1332.gif

Aspect

*In the lobby*

634.gif

That's just hilarious. Real awkward moment I bet.
I've never really had a weird online moment. One time I beat this Kasumi with my Ayane and all I could hear is the quietest insults and rage every time I won a round, then 5min after the match ended I got hatemail. Another aspect of "weird" behavior I see online is rage quitting, what's the point is disconnecting or leaving right before the KO blow? I still get the win and stats. Unless it works like Call of Duty that it doesn't count if you exit to the home screen.

AkaShocka

Hm. Ok guess I can share.
I'm in a lobby with some Lisa guy and he asked me for help so I found that 1 little angel inside of my heart and I helped him out. A few minutes later her asks me "How do you thrust?!" I had no idea what he meant, and plus a have a negative mind, so I acted like I didn't see that. Then he asked again. I said "What do you?" he says "Thrust, like during sex." I said "brb" and left the lobby and never returned.

Hey! Can I just share my Saltiest online moment? Ok thanks.
So me and this Momiji player are going at it (Momiji vs Christie). He has about 20% of life at the final round and I pretty much only have a pixel. So me using Christie, I trty to get in his head by BakJaking over and over. He comes closing and I launch him with her 9k. Now usually when you launch with 9k on NH she can only pretty much do a few things. So I launched him and did 2pp 6k4k. Guess What? She only did 2pp 6k. So I'm trying to apply pressure and FT him but I get KOed by a punk bitch ass wake up kick. -_-
#TheSaltIsReal

Chapstick

A few of you probably saw my very very odd experience with a buddhist kid in an EU lobby, but I'll copy and paste it here. I'm telling you, I sat there and asked myself "what the hell"
I have to post this somewhere, I just met the weirdest fucking person in an EU lobby. They started talking about zen and enlightenment and just kept going on and on about it so I just said "are you high or what" and they started up with

"None of the two of us will play with such arrogance of yours. Please abandon this place at once. Peace not war nor violence, or perhaps you saw so much of that Phala."

So to that stupid 'peace not war nor violence' shit I said "this is a fighting game" and they start up again with

"So? and then you think to be rude behind a display makes you cool? Between the two of us the one ridiculous it is just your cheap sold out mentality. And I return to tell you, leave this peaceful place, your presumpt balance it is just the mask you are wearing right now :) So sad..."

Then they left. It was so strange I can't believe it actually happened.

PS this was on the 121st page of the doa5u casual thread and took forever to find

Tenryuga

When I was invited by a friend into a lobby that said Gay / Bi - MIC only even though I didn't meet any of the qualifications...and stayed in there for 3 games or so without saying a word. It was pretty funny listening to them talk about stuff and one of them raged alot. He was complaining because I kept doing 46P when he tried to run in on me with Kasumi and said "I'm a beginner; Calm down!" when I did juggles.

It was awkward because I have gay friends but have no idea how gay men interact with each other.

Last edited:

David Gregg

^Going along with Tenryuga's I joined a lobby with 2 guys where I think they were speaking German (not entirely sure...one of them had an amazing Hitomi, stereotypes aside...). Anyway I was doing really well but all they did was talk to one another (and occasionally made beat-boxing sounds?) and them enjoying the matches so much but me being unable to understand any of it...I felt like that kid at the lunch table that no one talks to so I up and left the lobby. I wish I would've added that one Hitomi player though he was awesome.

Brute

Standard Donor
When I was invited by a friend into a lobby that said Gay / Bi - MIC only even though I didn't meet any of the qualifications...
lol
Yeah, I was in a gay lobby once (well it was just two guys and me, both of them were gay). They asked if I was gay, and I said "no." They asked if I cared if they were gay, to which I said "no," and from there they were actually pretty friendly. They said they liked my Hayabusa so that was cool.

"I'm a beginner; Calm down!" when I did juggles.
In my "List of stupid things that PSN players do increasingly," I forgot to add that one. It seems trendy now for them to say "Calm down," if you're winning by a landslide. Ironically, it's precisely those situations where I am the most calm and relaxed because I have no fear of losing.

Chapstick

I was in a lobby with a lot of people that had mics and seemed to all know eachother and there was this one gay guy who was the homosexual stereotype x1000000. And then there was the stereotypical valley girl that befriends gay guys he was tagging with (we call them faghags.) I had to mute the TV, his voice was so annoying. "Oh mai GAWD look at Tina her bod is SLAMMIN'! I'm gonna pick her in one of these HAWT bikinis!"

I unmuted the TV for a few minutes a while later and there was this guy with a deep voice in the room and the gay kid goes "oh mai gaWD are you BLACK? Wutup N***a!" and then I muted it again.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Hi-Counter ground throws.
Just because I have absolutely no idea how the hell I managed to pull one off (I was so confused as to why it was Hi-Counter I didn't even do any followups).

Oh, and also:

Person: "Stop grabbing me! DON'T PICK LEON! STOP GRABBING!"
Me: *Picks Bass*
Person: "What the hell? Stop grabbing me!"
Me: *Picks Mila*
Person: "Stop tackling me!"
Me: "Telling me to not do those things is like me telling you to stop striking with Kasumi."
*Person leaves*

Last edited:

Chapstick

Things just keep on happening to me! Last I was fighting this guy I've fought a few times in the past that invites me to lobbies every now and then. He definitely seems sort of new to DOA and the skill level's not quite there. Each time we fight, I win pretty consistently with a few occasional losses. This time was no different, but a little bit later I got a message titled "nice work" from him saying:

"You still have some things to learn, but overall you did pretty good. Nice job!"

What the fuck? Kid, if you're on this site and you're reading this, I am going to rip you a new one next time we fight so help me god.

David Gregg

"You still have some things to learn, but overall you did pretty good. Nice job!"

What the fuck? Kid, if you're on this site and you're reading this, I am going to rip you a new one next time we fight so help me god.

LOL!! XD He deserves the double-taunter treatment. Taunt before every match, taunt at the end after you've kicked his ass. And ideally punch him after you K.O. him if there's enough time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD