What do you guys rate DoA5 out of ten?

Keved

Well, the game has been out for nearly a solid month now, enough time for players to see what's both positive & negative about the game.

So out of curiosity, I was wondering how you guys rate the game out of ten? Pros? Cons?

Were you satisfied with your purchase? Disappointed? Left wanting more? Did it live up to your own personal hype or did it fall below your set expectations?

Cheers,

Krimsynn

I'm satisfied. I'd rate it an 8.5-9. I wish they had a quest like mode similar to VF4 and 5 for those times where you just want to fight offline. Although going to versus and doing fight again after a match gives you random opponents and stages.

I played alot of DOA4 and people say that the game was broken, but regardless, it was still FUN to me. I've played all of the big named fighter series out there and DOA followed by VF are the only ones that I always have an urge to pop in when I'm away from my console. I think that says alot. I like SF, MVC, SC, and MK, but something about the gameplay of DOA just keeps me coming back for online and offline over and over just to unlock costumes.

NightAntilli

Using the ridiculous 7 to 10 rating scale for gaming, when the game first came out, it would've been around an 8, because of all the glitches and stuff. After the latest patch, I'd say the score has gone up a bit, to say an 8.5.

Dave

8. The game is so damn good. The models, the game play is just what I expected.... but there are issues. The online is disappointing for a game of this generation, especially when every game has an online option these days. You have to make sure that works without a flaw. Training mode also feels off to me. Other than that, the game is great.

shunwong

I rate it 7

Bad online takes 1 point

Glitches take another one

Weird command buffer system takes another one

Hope they fix all or most of these so it can be an 8-10 game

DontForkWitMe

6/10 for me so far. glitchy as hell, mediocre netcode even after the patch, plays like DOA4 with new stages since i use eliot who has to play the stun game and can't take advantage of any of the new doa5 mechanics and am not going to be forced to switch to a different character to do so, and worse of all... no leon. honestly i enjoyed DOA4/DOA2U way more back in the day than i am 5 right now

Doug Nguyen

Should of created a poll. But i would rate it a 9. Reason for not a 10 is.
- Annoying glitches
- Online is laking
- Unbalanced characters.

damedame

First release: 7.5 or 8. Based mainly on poor QC. Way too many glitches IMO.

After patch, I'd say a 9. Most glitches seem corrected (for me at least.) Stupid infinites are gone especially.

I find the game really fun to play actually, and always find myself wanting to play more. Though I'm restricted to an hour a day, or usually less due to a very busy work schedule right now. I hope the fun keeps up.

I'd honestly go for a 10, since the game is really fun, BUT I can't forgive Team Ninja for their idiocy with Ein/Tengu/Leon... If they truly didn't have time for THEIR OWN CHARACTERS, how did they find time for 3 characters from a competitor's game? >_> Smells pretty fishy to me. Very poor on their part regardless.

MasterHavik

8 out of 10.....fucking story mode can kiss my ass. Balance is fine. The gameplay is great. Decent amount of stuff to do.

KwonJigglypuff

Hmmmmmmm I'm so happy to have my Helena back again, but... the game itself, I would give it a 8.5.

The mecanics are amazing, but I wish they could have taken 2-3 extra months to fix the glitches/online, add Team Battle, add Leon, buff Helena, add story chapters, add costumes, etc.

But the game is very solid.

I'd give it a 8.5, to me nothing is perfect but I enjoy this game very much, my buddies and I are having a blast with it online as well.
I minus points because even though in my circle of friends the online is great, I recognize that many of you guys have issues, so knowing that it gets an 8.5.

Chaos

I'll give it an 8.9/10 for many reasons
+Graphics, characters models and stages are outstanding! :eek:
+Gameplay is very addictive & it so much fun to put hours into getting better.
+Free play is back!!!!! lol
+Lives up the hypeness
+command training is back once again
+Its on PS3!!!!!
+Story mode is waay better than DOAD's
+Better mechanics than DOA4
+Every female character looks sexier & they're no longer skinny like a crackhead, so this means that they're thick this time around. Just take a good look at Tina for example. LOL
+The impact of the attacks (looks & sounds) is one of the best parts about DOA5. :eek:

-textures looks like N64/PS1 & the colors are washed out :(
-Story mode is retarded but some parts are pretty cool
-Buffering system is garbage, input timing is weird & movement is stiff, Tekken has a better buffering system, the controls on DOA5 is a BIG disappointment. :(
-The worse A.I. in the series, input reading is some fucking bullshit, cpu can throw you anytime they want (thanks to the shitty controls).
-Stupid unjustified nerfs, some favorite moves/combos are missing. :mad:
-too many glitches
-Art style (stages) are bland compare to DOA4, DOA3 & DOA2U
-Music is borrrringggg to listing to.
-No team battle, No tag survival & No Ein & Leon :(
-Heard terrible things about online which is very disappointing. :(
-No custom soundtracks for the PS3 version. :(

Overall I think DOA5 is one of best in the series & I think it destorys every DOA expect DOA3. Its a awesome game but it has some serious issues.

Brute

Standard Donor
plays like DOA4 with new stages since i use eliot who has to play the stun game and can't take advantage of any of the new doa5 mechanics and am not going to be forced to switch to a different character to do so,
facepalm_picard2.jpg

Anyway, if using the system, about 9/10

Complaints involve lack of Leon, certain imbalanced characters (on both ends of the spectrum), lackluster soundtrack, poor netcode, cheap AI/unlock requirements (mainly in relation to the 3 special swimsuit costumes) and some unresponsive/finnicky command inputs (which was never a problem in past DOA games).

Otherwise, I love it. Can't get enough.

DR2K

Best fighter this generation. The depth of a 3D fighter, but with the accesibility of a 2D fighter.

10/10.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD