What do you think about monthly rebalances in the most recent fighting games?

Brute

Standard Donor
I do not see it that clear-cut. The dose makes the poison. Multiple adjustments at regular intervals might overstrain the players with less time or less dedication, leading to additional unsureness and frustration for them
That comment was with respect to tournament players. "Less time or less dedication" isn't really an excuse for the hardcore competitive players.

If you're looking at casuals specifically, the time sensitivity isn't really that relevant. If they choose to put less time or dedication towards the game, that's their choice. They can catch up when they get some free time, but most likely, changes like that won't affect them and their general experience with the game much, anyway.

Raansu

-6 to -8 changes a lot on how you approach punishing the move. Even the most hardcore are going to have a hard time removing that muscle memory within a few days.

Brute

Standard Donor
-6 to -8 changes a lot on how you approach punishing the move. Even the most hardcore are going to have a hard time removing that muscle memory within a few days.
I deliberately chose those numbers for that reason.

Remember the self-defeating mantra of competitive mindset:
BUFF
NERF

ADAPT

Omegan Eckhart

I'm all for it if we get new tools. Some characters got their frame data straight up copy pasted from 5, and any new tools they got lacked any interesting properties. If TN has hidden goodies for the roster that will freshen up their move sets I want to see it.

Have any of the changes been earth shattering in terms of balance so far?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm still dominating with Tina because she has so many damaging options. Though I admit I was feeling salty af that she got hit but not other characters that I don't feel comfortable mentioning atm.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD