What do you want for NG4?

DeathHand

-full story co-op mode (Ryu/Hayate)
-not so linear, more like ninja gaiden /black/sigma is.
-cool costumes to unlock like busa doa costume (no dlcs,I want to give money for a full game not some beta version)
-a more original mission mode like metal gear solid 2 mission mode

FocusDMR

I really liked that costume kasumi had in ngs2. I hope they can release it on NG3RE as DLC. By the way, anyone miss the unlabored flawlessness? It was OP as hell but fun to use.
0.jpg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I also liked the costume for Kasumi in Sigma 2. But I won't be too heartbroken about not seeing it again considering my favorite one for her is her new default for NG3RE and it's one of them for her in DoA5.

TakedaZX

So if they did do some sort of online/offline story co-op... how would you guys see it working out?

I liked Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's idea for the co-op, but I didn't like being locked to one specific area in survival based setting (that can be completed). How I see it is like this: What if they expanded beyond two people and beyond one specific area? Is anyone else interested in that? Like Ryu and all 3 of the Mugen-Tenshin Clan Ninja fighting along side him?

I just put that out there because including myself I have a party of 4 that would enjoy a setup like that... assuming me and one of them in particular them don't even up fighting over who's Ryu or Hayate (seeing as we both like both characters, were bound to want to both use the same one at some point)

There's more ideas in this but I just don't know what would work best? What do you guys envision for it?

synce

Give me back the huge open world and varied enemies from NGB, and keep DOA and NG separate. A cameo is fine, side missions just feel tacked on. As far as core gameplay it seems they got the idea after the NG3 backlash so just refine it.

Brute

Standard Donor
Just make Chapter Challenge in co-op.

Personally, I don't like switching in the main story between characters, so I'd like to see those aside from Ryu limited to mission modes (which should be in SP with no NPCs or in co-op with players), co-op, or chapter challenges.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I think you would need an entire army onscreen to fight 4 ninjas at once it would probably require one to go to DW levels of enemies numbers and level size

Considering I wasn't to fond of chapter challenges so all I really did was story and that let me only play as Ryu most the time.i can see the pros and cons of it however. for instance TN can easily add more replayability with just new characters they don't have to shoe horn them in the story they can just be there.the problem is Ryu IMO is starting to lose his identity,how can one be the "singular" super ninja when everyone can do what you do and in Kasumi's case,even better than Ryu can?

TakedaZX

Considering I wasn't to fond of chapter challenges so all I really did was story and that let me only play as Ryu most the time.i can see the pros and cons of it however. for instance TN can easily add more replayability with just new characters they don't have to shoe horn them in the story they can just be there.the problem is Ryu IMO is starting to lose his identity,how can one be the "singular" super ninja when everyone can do what you do and in Kasumi's case,even better than Ryu can?

Ryu had a handicap in NG3 though lol. Grip of Murder, man.

I think you would need an entire army onscreen to fight 4 ninjas at once it would probably require one to go to DW levels of enemies numbers and level size
True. Still would be interesting though.

Brute

Standard Donor
I play WO3 using exclusively Ryu 99% of the time, so regardless how many dudes there are, Ryu could take 'em solo.

It's my firm belief that Ryu is constantly trolling everyone. I mean seriously, if he used his full potential in DOA not a single dipshit in there would stand more than two seconds in a fight with him. In NG3 he's got the arm thing, true, but if he didn't, I think he'd just be holding back to make his ninja buddies feel better about themselves. Perfect example: Momiji tells him: "Master Ryu, you're amazing!" to which he responds: "As are you, Momiji." Yeah, Momiji's pretty sweet, too, but let's be honest, here: I killed 90% of the bad guys in that fight. He just didn't want to hurt her feelings.

SilverForte

Momiji has a lot of potential. I can see her reaching ryus level someday, he is teaching her after all. She's probably stronger than the mugen tenshin ninjas at least.

TakedaZX

I play WO3 using exclusively Ryu 99% of the time, so regardless how many dudes there are, Ryu could take 'em solo.
I wouldn't doubt Ryu could... but then again lbsh, only like 5-7 at a time with a 1-2 ranged enemies on the sidelines is enough to make the player work... I couldn't imagine fighting 50+ enemies with the A.I. of Ninja Gaiden...

He just didn't want to hurt her feelings.
I lol'd at this.

Brute

Standard Donor
Momiji has a lot of potential. I can see her reaching ryus level someday, he is teaching her after all. She's probably stronger than the mugen tenshin ninjas at least.
I love Momiji. I don't think she gets nearly enough credit.

But no one will ever reach Ryu's level. He's just too damn good.

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayate has needed ryus help on several occasions, even Rig beat him. He's not all that.
Rig fought him to a standstill until a gimmicky trap caught him.
Ryu's better than Hayate, but Ryu's better than everyone.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Rig fought him to a standstill until a gimmicky trap caught him.
Ryu's better than Hayate, but Ryu's better than everyone.
Rig is also a Tekken character in disguise so it was like fighting an alien with unseen technology. Not fair, really.

Definitely want a successor to kusari gama. Maybe a weapon style of wires like Yashamaru in Basilisk. I also like how long range fighting was done n El Shaddai so wires+ those animations would be great!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD