What do you want for NG4?

bingsoo

For NG4, my first and foremost wish is that it is a complete game with no need for any kind of re-release in the form of Sigmas or Razor Edges unless it is being ported to the Vita.

• In terms of gameplay, NG2-style combat in NG1-style environments would be amazing (I haven't played 3 in its entirety so I can't make any comparisons to it).
  • More combat options via interactive environments (exploding barrels in NG1, etc) would add to the awe factor. Hayabusa is a master of weapons, yes, but I believe he is a master of combat in general, and should be able to utilize the environment to his advantage.
  • More ninja lore via journals and collectibles like in NG1 and 2.
  • Cutscenes should depict more of Hayabusa's stealthy ninja skills (like Ayane's cutscenes in NGS2 and the RE demo) since the gameplay depicts his fighting prowess. But then again, with Hayabusa's fighting skills, who needs stealth?
  • Also, cutscenes should show more of the other ninjas, but leave them out of the playable portions of the story mode.
  • Hayate, Muramasa, and Joe Hayabusa as playable side characters.
  • No FUCKING CIA operatives or special agents! Let Hayabusa act on his own. Ayane would NEVER work for the CIA. Please. No ninjas working for the damn CIA.

Brute

Standard Donor
  • No FUCKING CIA operatives or special agents! Let Hayabusa act on his own. Ayane would NEVER work for the CIA. Please. No ninjas working for the damn CIA.
To be fair that was sorta a NG staple since the NES days.

In regards to the environment, I honestly just miss walls. I mean sure they're there in NG3 (sometimes), but they're not nearly as useful. In NG1 I used them all the time. As the series goes, I find them less and less useful. Acrobatics are awesome. Make them effective again.

TakedaZX

In regards to the environment, I honestly just miss walls. I mean sure they're there in NG3 (sometimes), but they're not nearly as useful. In NG1 I used them all the time. As the series goes, I find them less and less useful. Acrobatics are awesome. Make them effective again.
You mean sorta like this? (1:47) and this? (2:46)

Brute

Standard Donor
Yes. That's actually cool @ 2:42, also.
I've played Ninja Gaiden 2 way more times than I could count, and I never knew you could do that move on the Aqua Dragon.

TakedaZX

Is the dragon in Sigma 2? I never see any videos when I'm just looking up random stuff on it (but I always find ones on Genshin, Volk, the Archfiend, Fiend Genshin, Alma, and Liz... that bitch). I'm starting to think otherwise...

Brute

Standard Donor
Is the dragon in Sigma 2? I never see any videos when I'm just looking up random stuff on it (but I always find ones on Genshin, Volk, the Archfiend, Fiend Genshin, Alma, and Liz... that bitch). I'm starting to think otherwise...
It's in both versions of NG2.

bingsoo

To be fair that was sorta a NG staple since the NES days.

Ah I see. Never played the NES originals, so I had no idea. NG1 did such an epic job of depicting Ryu as an independent badass ninja, and one of few words as well. I loved that game so much because even though it lacked a straight-forward narrative, it instead built a world based on journals of fallen ninja and short cutscenes with minimal dialogue. The inclusion of the CIA was a frustration for me in NG2.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Lol you would hate the originals,people were always sneaking up on Ryu,Irene captured him,he was pretty incompetent back then outside of gameplay

Also from the looks of it Irene x Ryu is still cannon, Irene shows a lot of interest in Ryu even saying she knows him better than Ayane does...giggity.

I'd like a vertical cut,you know for Ryu to actually be able to cut someone straight down the middle in-game.i always thought it looked weird when he goes for a a cut like that and the enemies pops of instead

bingsoo

Kind of off topic but how would you guys feel about a completely new Team Ninja IP? I would actually prefer a Ninja Gaiden 4 and DOA 6 before a new IP.

Brute

Standard Donor
Kind of off topic but how would you guys feel about a completely new Team Ninja IP? I would actually prefer a Ninja Gaiden 4 and DOA 6 before a new IP.
I can't really think of a hypothetical game beyond ones of my own creation I want more than a Ninja Gaiden 4.

bingsoo

For NG4, I would like to see the ninpo mechanics be tweaked into more of a meter system instead of the former one-at-a-time mechanic. With a viable meter-based ninpo system and damage balancing, ninpo may be used more methodically and less as an OP gimmick.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Razor's Edge has quite a few moves that take up Ki, actually. So the meter system is there already.

dawnbringer

I want a lot of enemy types and some smart enemy group compositions. And a boss of Alma-Elizabeth hard-to-even-hit-once-at-first class.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Regent of the Mask is relatively hard to hit. And Alma was really easy to hit as well, as long as you weren't spamming attacks out and wondering why nothing connected. Probably the hardest to hit boss in the franchise is Ishtaros and staying in that bitch's face with Lunar took care of that problem handily.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Ishtaros wasn't hard to hit all you had to do was get the timing down and you could get guaranteed hits in like with Doku,Marbus etc...

Alma and Nicchae were hard to get down,but once you did you could combo them

The Alchemist and Regent are just plain hard to hit.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Thanks. Mind-blown.
Ishtaros is actually really easy to hit XD

XXXYX I think was the best combo with the TDS

She had 2 attacks which allowed you to get that combo in all the time

The NG3 enemies dodge more than Ishtaros :p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD