What do you want for NG4?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
So, the real question: Will he receive a new iteration of the Legendary Black Falcon suit?

He has thus far in every new iteration to the main series.

/secretly hoping he keeps LBF3 except for the headcreast, which returns to the LBF2 iteration

I like LBF3 Headcrest a lot

Hopefully they remove the jock strap or w/e it called

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
dream tean ng4.jpg

i know its technically possible but i cant imagine TN using all of these characters, with expanded move sets,weapons, skills, and then building a large intricate level in addition to all the other stuff it takes to make a good NG game especially when you consider they are probably going to be reeling from bad Yaiba sells. trying to stay hopeful though

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Now that Yaiba is behind us, let's get back to the NG4 discussion:

I think Team Ninja really felt the stab with Yaiba's reviews and they are getting emotional on Facebook, so we can probably expect a killer app out of NG4 because they feel like they have something to prove at this point when it comes to the NG series, and I would agree with those feelings.

Hayate:

He exists in DOA to show us that ninjas are not invincible. He has amazing moves just like all the other ninjas, but mentally he is not even close to being as strong as: Ryu, Ayane, or Kasumi. He got amnesia from being tested on, demons can fuck with his head, and he was also destroyed by Raidou. Literally man-handled. Kasumi killed him.

I think he could be a great addition in some regard. He could try really hard on a mission, and comes close to dying, but Ryu comes and saves his ass in super ninja fashion. That would be cool. If he is in Ninja Gaiden, I hope he's crazy, and not a cookie-cutter character. I want thought going into him. And I don't want him to take the spotlight from Ryu at any point. He's Ryu's bitch as far as I'm concerned.

Flock of Tengu:

I want more Tengu bosses, but for Ryu to face. I thought the Tengu Brothers were quite a fun addition to Sigma 2, and I would like for Ryu to fight a flock of them. I think they should be a little more unique than the twins, but it could be a very cool boss addition if done correctly.

Rachel:

Since Rachel is the most popular heavy by far in DOA, and since she is so damned bad-ass and amazing and has been a victim of a lot of love recently, I think she should definitely be put into Ninja Gaiden 4. I want to see her wreck fiends. Sometimes there can be too much ninja, and I think she also can balance the roster out.

Soundtrack:

I think that one thing Ninja Gaiden games haven't really brought to the table is a killer soundtrack. I mean Black and 2 had some good ones here and there that I remember by memory, but not like God of War where I remembered a lot, but felt it when I was fighting.

Ninja Gaiden needs to work on that a little. Good, thrashy, grungy heavy metal would fit Ninja Gaiden in some sections of the game.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Hayate:

He exists in DOA to show us that ninjas are not invincible. He has amazing moves just like all the other ninjas, but mentally he is not even close to being as strong as: Ryu, Ayane, or Kasumi. He got amnesia from being tested on, demons can fuck with his head, and he was also destroyed by Raidou. Literally man-handled. Kasumi killed him.

I think he could be a great addition in some regard. He could try really hard on a mission, and comes close to dying, but Ryu comes and saves his ass in super ninja fashion. That would be cool. If he is in Ninja Gaiden, I hope he's crazy, and not a cookie-cutter character. I want thought going into him. And I don't want him to take the spotlight from Ryu at any point. He's Ryu's bitch as far as I'm concerned.

if you dont want him in thats fine, but do you really need to talk all this shit?

Flock of Tengu:

I want more Tengu bosses, but for Ryu to face. I thought the Tengu Brothers were quite a fun addition to Sigma 2, and I would like for Ryu to fight a flock of them. I think they should be a little more unique than the twins, but it could be a very cool boss addition if done correctly.

please leave the "tengu army" crap at the door

Soundtrack:

I think that one thing Ninja Gaiden games haven't really brought to the table is a killer soundtrack. I mean Black and 2 had some good ones here and there that I remember by memory, but not like God of War where I remembered a lot, but felt it when I was fighting.

Ninja Gaiden needs to work on that a little. Good, thrashy, grungy heavy metal would fit Ninja Gaiden in some sections of the game.

NG1 had a perfect soundtrack every piece fits perfectly in the game where its at i could probably tell where every place was based on the music alone at this point.

Female Tengu

most importantly the general things:

- a nice and NG like awesome single player experience just like the one we had in NG1 for the first time
- a totally reworked graphics engine with better shaders, lighting and texture mapping
- DOA5s dirt system on Ryus character model (dust, humidity, sweat on his arms) cauz other games can do that as well (Tomb Raider) and it looks nice
- a storyline not so so focused on modern technologies (cloning, genetics etc.) cauz I already have that in DOA for the fifth time now
- if more than one character: then these characters should be at least as interesting as Ryu in terms of gameplay
- a NG1 style soundtrack with more epic and gloomy music
- more interesting non generic environments (go away london, new york and modern cities etc)
- a damn normal mission mode with missions you can actually complete if you play alone(!) and no experiments like dumb A.I. bots
- chapter select mode
- more creative boss and enemy designs...especially the normal trash mobs you fight for the most time
- overall improved movesets for Ryu's weapons and abilities (double jump should be standard for him by now)
- more fair enemies and better A.I. not some pseudo diffucult a.k.a offscreen projectile spam and throw spamming
- the only thing I like about Razors Edge: the Karma-Itemshop system
- Muramasa running his own shop again where you can buy stuff

some ideas of my own to show some progress:

- Ryu can move slowly during guard position

- I always wondered...If Ryu can block machine gun bullets with his weapons...then why not introduce a.....

....whole new system to deflect specific projectiles (fireballs, some bigger bullets) if you press a certain button combination during guard at the right moment which drains a non visible stamina "bar". The power of the bar indicates by slowly blurring out the screen the longer you are doing it. The actual power drains fast. The longer you are using it, the more you are open for attacks because you are totally open for throws and heavy unblockable strikes AND there is a point of "you can't see shit anmyore", lol. Enemies can evade deflected bullets. The system can be used while guard-moving, of course.
Not sure about enemies specifically requiring this system. Could be interesting...or not. Needs testing tbh, but I'm not a TN dev, lol

- a water area with fleshed out, fast paced under- and over-water fights and several unique underwater-attacks for all of his weapons
- some variety like small puzzles here and there
- specific enemies should use the environments for special moves like Ryu does
- an enemy type buffing allies with different effects
- a commander type enemy (can start special attacks with a group of specific allied units)
- the option to use Ryus DOA version of the Izuna (yes, the combo throw on the ground) if you deep-block-stun certain smaller enemies
- stronger projectiles but limited by ammo except shurikens
- a new distraction ninpo magic I call "Mirror Mist" (english of course, give it some crazy japanese words and it sounds awesome, lol) which bascially clones Ryu for a short time
- a new UT system which uses Karma to work. Affects currency to buy items/abilities, and your overall score at the end of a level. UTs are nice, but lame if you spam them with no effort like in NG1 and NG2 just by holding the Y button. Player is forced to play smart and with skill (both trademarks of NGs combat system needs to come back) if you want to level up your weapons and abilities

Not so important but when there is some spare time:

- additional costumes
- co-op for mission mode
- cinema + screenshot function + picture export via USB device or webservice (yeah I know, a webservice for a NG game will never happen) for some cool wallpaper action for your (i)phone, computer, Xbox, PS3 etc.

What Ryu can burn to the ground with his inferno ninpo:

- versus multiplayer (waste of time and doesn't work anyway with that bad netcode)
- QTEs on bosses and enemies
- coop story mode
- pointless half assed DLC characters just for pseudo content reasons. I prefer brand new weapons for Ryu instead so I can always switch between the new and existing content and experience the content IN-GAME, anytime

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I disagree with the double jump

Ryu can already movie slowly while guarded, well in NG2/NGS2 not sure about 1 and ngre

Co-op for mission mode is just as important as story at the point, its what keeps people coming back to play NG after they beat the story

Bring back essences and items for NG4 dammit!

I think they should bring back all the dodges from 1 2 and 3 and let you choose which one you want but they all have pros and cons

NG1: Fast recovery but can't dash much distance (I dunno what to do with this one since its basically like NG2's but difference animation)
NG2 Dash: Fast Recovery but can't dash much distance (basically like NG2 dash lol)
NGRE: Slow Recovery but can knock back enemies (basically like current NGRE slide lol)

Female Tengu

Ryu can't move sideways while guarding (I don't count moving 1mm/hour as a"moving"). He clearly doesn't have a walking animation in guard mode (like the move-while-aiming with the bow in Sigma 2).
Also, if Momiji can double jump, why not Ryu? If you disagree, say why.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Ryu can't move sideways while guarding (I don't count moving 1mm/hour as a"moving"). He clearly doesn't have a walking animation in guard mode (like the move-while-aiming with the bow in Sigma 2).
Also, if Momiji can double jump, why not Ryu? If you disagree, say why.

well for one it would remove something that makes Momiji special and two Ryu has never really needed one. also you know how much we people abuse the wall jump, T you wouldn't even need a wall anymore. he already has good aerial attacks and escape moves anyhow.

- whole new system to deflect specific projectiles (fireballs, some bigger bullets) if you press a certain button combination during guard at the right moment which drains a non visible stamina "bar". The power of the bar indicates by slowly blurring out the screen the longer you are doing it. The actual power drains fast. The longer you are using it, the more you are open for attacks because you are totally open for throws and heavy unblockable attacks and there is a point of "you can't see shit anymore", lol. Enemies can evade deflected bullets. The system can be used while guard-moving, of course.
Not sure about enemies specifically requiring this system. Could be interesting...or not. Needs testing tbh, but I'm not a TN dev, lol

it would basically be like jedis deflecting blasters but much more limited correct. i basically imagine it as him just basically "countering" bullets or shuriken reflecting them at whoever he happens to be facing. so it doesn't turn into a baseball game i think the projectiles should do little to no damage its just to stun them long enough to reach them and initiate melee.

Last edited:

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
You can dash while guarding already and it has the same effect as if you were standing still while guarding

Double jump will just be annoying as fuck especially when you try to leap frog jump onto enemies

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
- a commander type enemy (can start special attacks with a group of specific allied units)

this sounds really good. an enemy captain starts making his troops use logical tactics forcing Ryu to change his approach.

Ex: captain shows up to rally his men and sets up a blocade of staggering fire so Ryu has to guard against it and deal with troops that try to flank him with melee.

Female Tengu

Well I disagree with the double jump. Never had problems with it when playing with Momiji. The Air UT was nice and with it the additional height and range of the regular jump. It's useful, so why not giving it Ryu.

it would basically be like jedis deflecting blasters but much more limited correct

Yes, basically ^^

also you know how much we people abuse the wall jump, T you wouldn't even need a wall anymore.

Hm, I think that's a mistake the devs did with making the actual jumps so strong. Well, he is a modern type ninja, so IMO he should use his environemnts more in fight instead of just wall running which was more something related to platforming than actual fighting in the previous games. He always did it in the cutscenes, why not in a fight.

I mean, it's always depends on how the developers are designing his moves, enemies and environemnts. For instance, there could be an enemy type electrifying the walls, or there could be walls where Ryu simply can't use it (slime, ice, spikes, anything) if the danger of abusing something occurs. That's the challenge of a design team I guess.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
if you dont want him in thats fine, but do you really need to talk all this shit?

please leave the "tengu army" crap at the door

NG1 had a perfect soundtrack every piece fits perfectly in the game where its at i could probably tell where every place was based on the music alone at this point.

Tengu Army crap? I will not leave any Tengu crap at the door and how dare you go there.

Oh, and btw I'm not opposed to Hayate being in the game, but whenever I get the chance to mention his inferiority to Ryu I take the pleasure.

And I'm not saying that Ninja Gaiden's soundtrack was horrible, it was decent; but I still feel like Ninja Gaiden deserves to have that unforgettable track that people hum on the bus. Songs should be sung for such a game.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
as much as i love the Metal Gear alert theme im not humming it on the bus,

to good game/movie music isn't so much something that you'll listen to in your freetime so much as it is able to invoke the same emotions or memories of those emotions you would get from playing the game.

panic/excitement

peace/safety/ kinda creepy

FML/fear/ prepare your anus

That Is My Way

I just want NG4 already xD but we must wait..... and yeah I hope our wait will be worth.

I just plan to play NGS2 and RE.

Man NGB missions was very hard as fuck ... dude but this was a great challenge.

I hope I can see you in the next NG game and team up with you and kick the enemies in the asses.

FatalxInnocence

.... I want Kasumi to have a deeper involvement in the story o_O; instead of just appearing for no reason whatsoever ( NGS2 in Ayane's level... like I still don't understand why they did that... and then at the end of the story with Ryu... why? ) and then you have her playable cameo in NG3RE... just throw her into the story and be done with it instead of throwing her in for no reason at all.

Oh, and maybe introduce a co-op chapter challenge mode... cause the ninja trials are cool and all but they don't take very long to complete. I'd like the option to go through the game with a friend, would be nice & a fun change... of course only allow this in chapter challenge ( the option to have co-op. ) so the player still has to solo the game in-order to unlock it.

Derga

I'd like if we got back to the basics. Keep it Ryu focused and don't try to be fancy with the story. Itagaki knew how to keep it simple, since he didn't have any delusions of grandeur when it came to storytelling in action/fighting games.

Some villains attack Hayabusa village, steal an ancent evil artifact of immense power, Ruy goes fiend/black spider clan hunting to get it back, looking like a badass in the meantime. Optionally you can spice things up with something else, but only if you have someone at least moderately talented doing the story. What we have now in Ninja Gaiden, and somewhat in DoA is some seriously melodramatic shlock that, you see in some bad shonen manga.

Gameplay wise, I'd like the series go back to it's Ninja Gaiden: Black roots, with the weapon variety of Ninja Gaiden 2. Having the difficulty scale the way it scaled in NG:Black would also be a huge plus. Probably the best difficulty level system to date that I've experienced in a game. Oh and Kitetsu needs to return.

Last edited:
Now that Yaiba is behind us, let's get back to the NG4 discussion:

I think Team Ninja really felt the stab with Yaiba's reviews and they are getting emotional on Facebook, so we can probably expect a killer app out of NG4 because they feel like they have something to prove at this point when it comes to the NG series, and I would agree with those feelings.

Hayate:

Flock of Tengu:

Rachel:

Since Rachel is the most popular heavy by far in DOA, and since she is so damned bad-ass and amazing and has been a victim of a lot of love recently, I think she should definitely be put into Ninja Gaiden 4. I want to see her wreck fiends. Sometimes there can be too much ninja, and I think she also can balance the roster out.

Soundtrack:

There's damage control here. Hayate is not there to show the Ninja aren't invincible. No one ever said they were invincible and all the Ninja have been out in bad spots before. You criticize Hayate for losing his memory while being in a coma and experimented on?? REALLY. What proof do you have that the other Ninja wouldn't have had any problems maintaining their memory or sanity if they were put under these conditions? Kasumi was there but she was in good health unlike Hayate and there's no evidence they did any brutal experiments on her. The reason he lost his memory isn't very clear at that. From what we know all DOATEC did was fix his spine and make Kasumi clones by copying her DNA. Hayate being defeated by Raidou means nothing. Ayane was also "man handled" by Raidou, TWICE. Raidou was much older and experienced than either of the two, not to mention his power up by DOATEC scientist. If Hayate is in NG4 he should never be saved by Ryu. They've punked Hayate enough in DOA. If anything he should be the one saving Ryu from a sticky situation. Hayate is Ryu's best friend and master of the Mugen Tenshin clan, he's not some low class fodder chump. When Christie kidnapped Irene and Ryu and Ayane were too busy falling for Genra's decoy, who was it that exposed him? HAYATE. As a clan leader he stepped up and led his men to victory against the arrogant DOATEC who taught they could just walk all over them. Hayate is a very capable Ninja, he's proven this multiple times despite being TN's favorite character to shit all over. Ryu>Kasumi>Hayate>Ayane>Momiji

Brute

Standard Donor
If anything [Hayate] should be the one saving Ryu from a sticky situation.
Noooooo thank-you.

Thing is, I don't want to be saved by anyone. You work your ass off in a Ninja Gaiden game to reach your goal. I don't want to then be slighted in some cutscene just to have someone else save me (cause Ryu somehow needs saving, which is hilarious). I should should be saving myself. I don't need to crutch on others. I'm the SINGULAR Super Ninja. To hell with everyone else.

When Christie kidnapped Irene and Ryu and Ayane were too busy falling for Genra's decoy, who was it that exposed him? HAYATE.
When Hayabusa was a log and Hayate was too busy falling for the decoy, who was it that exposed him? RYU!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. That cutscene still just cracks me up.

Things I want? #1 go back to being more Ninja like and keep the modern warfare elements minimal. #2 make a story that makes sense #3 make less repetitive gameplay, I liked the innovation the first few missions in NG3 had but at one point it was just boring fight after fight after fight after fight AFTER FIGHT. #4 I really want a NG game that revolves around Kasumi and Hayate (or Momiji). Ryu has his own game and takes up half the shine in DOA. Personally I'm sick of the spot light being on him so much (not that I don't like Ryu, it's just that I want more of the others). I know the chances of this happening is slim to none but if anything I at least want them in NG4's story mode...

Noooooo thank-you.

Thing is, I don't want to be saved by anyone. You work your ass off in a Ninja Gaiden game to reach your goal. I don't want to then be slighted in some cutscene just to have someone else save me (cause Ryu somehow needs saving, which is hilarious). I should should be saving myself. I don't need to crutch on others. I'm the SINGULAR Super Ninja. To hell with everyone else.

When Hayabusa was a log and Hayate was too busy falling for the decoy, who was it that exposed him? RYU!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. That cutscene still just cracks me up.
There's nothing special about tricking someone with a technique designed for that exact purpose (I did enjoy that scene though). Now about Ryu getting saved. It's possible. Just look at how they trolled him in NG3's story. I really don't want anyone needing to save anyone because it kills the badass effect, I just said that because it's a way better scenario than TN giving people another reason to think Hayate is weaker than he actually is.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD