What should DOA6's story focus on?

Your choice here affects the outcome of the world.

• Marie embarks on a quest to fetch Helena the mystical Genra milk.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Honoka discoveres that Raidou IS HER FATHER (Star Wars style) and must kill him.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Marie and Honoka having wacky adventures involving milk, dinosaurs, milk, cabbages, and milk.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • More of that ninjas vs DOATEC crap. (Don't pick this.) (Seriously.)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Other (specify below)

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters

TLEE SAID THIS:

I think the idea of aging characters is cool (as long as it's actual aging and not what TN did with DOA5 lol). SC5 also fucked up by doing a HUGE timeskip and killing off characters. Just skip ahead 3-5 years, keep everyone alive, and it'll be good...

What I've always wanted to see was a series that had characters age in real time. Although it might be tricky to replace characters when they're too old since everyone can't suddenly have a protege
I just think the franchise lacks variety in age, and this lack of variety, to me, seems to be a crutch for the series since the focus is so heavy on the younger characters. Whether a character is too old or not is subjective, but retiring older characters to replace them with new blood (not necessarily clones) and maturing the rest might freshen up the series a bit. Of course, we can always have the same game with a number 6 at the end of the title if people aren't too welcome with change.

I just want the game to have a more intriguing story and cast of characters.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Ancient-Aliens.jpg

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I didn't realize that Street Fighter 3 was set 50 years in the future and that's why the cast was completely different (I'm not familiar with their cannon).

I would love if DOA was set it a different time period - time travel is a personal favorite scifi sub-genre (haha). I haven't played DOA for the story in a looong time but I'd be seriously interested in the successors or back-stories of the Mugen Tenshin.

Raidou's a cyborg and been wrecking shit for 50 years?? Young Raidou's rivalry and competing for leadership of the Mugen Tenshin with his brother (Kasumi/Hayate's father, right?)?? Joe Hayabusa?? Or something, idk. Bringing back old throwback stages in different time periods would be more fun than just HD upgrades to me as well. How many of your fanfic 'ships would come to life if they set DOA in the future? ;P

Those are just random ideas. That would cost a lot of money though and I understand that most of the hardcore fans probably wouldn't want to see major characters missing. It's when games make drastic formula changes like this that it goes either really good or really bad anyway. SCV and SF3 are the two examples that come to mind. Probably better to play it safe honestly.

Am i the only one that would like for them to go back to the classic "arcade" way? just have a cutscene after every match until the final "boss", DOA5´s "story" was so dull that some characters felt like they were thrown in for shits and giggles, with no actual reason than "just because" *cough* VF cast *cough*
They could do a free-to-play version first and sell a story mode as extra again. There's your incentive to focus on a story mode for people who would enjoy it.

If TN wants to make Nyotengu more interesting they could at least make her backstory more detailed. Her revenge thing with Hayabusa isn't given enough detail to make her an interesting and relevant character to the series.
Plot-twist: Nyotengu is actually Mei Lin. Genfu's attempt to cure her succeeded but back-fired when Tengu's spirit inhabited Mei Lin's body. On Genfu's deathbed, Eliot makes a promise to get Mei Lin back to normal and embarks on a quest to do so.

I've got like... a million ideas. I could do this all day. Maybe I'll just start writing fanfics for fun, lol.

Last edited:

Argentus

I wish they'd leave the ninjas stories for ninja gaiden and let DOA focus on the doa cast

Id still like the connection that Mila is Lauren's daughter because it would give a legitimate reason for Leon to get involved again, and give MILA some depth beyond "bass fan girl"

KwonJigglypuff

I wish they'd leave the ninjas stories for ninja gaiden and let DOA focus on the doa cast

Id still like the connection that Mila is Lauren's daughter because it would give a legitimate reason for Leon to get involved again, and give MILA some depth beyond "bass fan girl"

I wouldn't mind but I think they are other way to make Leon relevant (Donovan tries to hire him as a bodyguard by promising him to revive Lauren). Actually, the Mila/Bass relation is enough for DOA6, thinking how hard it would be to give screen time to all the characters.

This is how I want things to happen : you have a main Story Mode in DOA, something well written and finished, which only involves the main characters, ninjas and DOATEC/MIST, and you have Arcade endings where ALL the characters get both a prologue and an epilogue, with reveals, connexions, flashbacks, flashforwards, etc. I know it's unfair for "less relevant" characters but it's the only realistic way to get a true story that makes sense.

Mila : we get a scene that explains how she's actually Lauren's daughter
Bayman : we get a flashback of his parents and how he got to the army and met Leon
Kokoro : we get a flashforward where Miyako dies and she takes the head of DOATEC Japan

Then a reboot. BOOM!

Argentus

I wouldn't mind but I think they are other way to make Leon relevant (Donovan tries to hire him as a bodyguard by promising him to revive Lauren). Actually, the Mila/Bass relation is enough for DOA6, thinking how hard it would be to give screen time to all the characters.

This is how I want things to happen : you have a main Story Mode in DOA, something well written and finished, which only involves the main characters, ninjas and DOATEC/MIST, and you have Arcade endings where ALL the characters get both a prologue and an epilogue, with reveals, connexions, flashbacks, flashforwards, etc. I know it's unfair for "less relevant" characters but it's the only realistic way to get a true story that makes sense.

Mila : we get a scene that explains how she's actually Lauren's daughter
Bayman : we get a flashback of his parents and how he got to the army and met Leon
Kokoro : we get a flashforward where Miyako dies and she takes the head of DOATEC Japan

Then a reboot. BOOM!

Eh Leon working for Donovan for zombie Lauren seems both kinda hokey and unbelievable.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Mila blaming Leon for Laurens death. Whether leon is Milas actual dad is up in the air but was raised by him regardless. Would help explain why she has some of his moves.

Maybe Donovan had Lauren killed or she died when Leon was targeted (for connections to Bayman?) And Leon keeps his distance from mila to keep the same from happening to her, and accepting the blame for Laurens death.

KwonJigglypuff

Eh Leon working for Donovan for zombie Lauren seems both kinda hokey and unbelievable.

I'm thinking more along the lines of Mila blaming Leon for Laurens death. Whether leon is Milas actual dad is up in the air but was raised by him regardless. Would help explain why she has some of his moves.

Maybe Donovan had Lauren killed or she died when Leon was targeted (for connections to Bayman?) And Leon keeps his distance from mila to keep the same from happening to her, and accepting the blame for Laurens death.

Oh yeah why not.

Leon and Mila get to the final round of the 6th tournament.
Leon : Milagrosa... you're a true miracle.
Mila : You.. Leon. I haven't seen you in ages, padre...
Leon : Ma che cazzo... Speak Italian or I'll break your teeth.
Mila : Why did you abandon me papa ?
Leon : I was caught in a sandstorm and you mum was killed by a mad scientist because the guy I used to bang in the military school shot Helena's dad, so when you were 3 years old I gave you to that guy who works in your gym club.
Mila : o__O
Leon : Don't worry I made sure to give him a copy of "How to tackle for dummies".
Get Ready ? Fight!

Argentus

Oh yeah why not.

Leon and Mila get to the final round of the 6th tournament.
Leon : Milagrosa... you're a true miracle.
Mila : You.. Leon. I haven't seen you in ages, padre...
Leon : Ma che cazzo... Speak Italian or I'll break your teeth.
Mila : Why did you abandon me papa ?
Leon : I was caught in a sandstorm and you mum was killed by a mad scientist because the guy I used to bang in the military school shot Helena's dad, so when you were 3 years old I gave you to that guy who works in your gym club.
Mila : o__O
Leon : Don't worry I made sure to give him a copy of "How to tackle for dummies".
Get Ready ? Fight!

Wiseass lol.

What I'm imagining is Mila was already touring the world winning mma championships when Lauren died.

P2p1mbs

While I agree that they should focus less on the ninja characters, I really don't see how Mila can be associated with Leon. His story was completely concluded so there's no need to bring him back, I think.

Argentus

While I agree that they should focus less on the ninja characters, I really don't see how Mila can be associated with Leon. His story was completely concluded so there's no need to bring him back, I think.

Well I noted how she got some of hisoves when he was omitted from original doa5 and that usually means a connection of some kind so I'm basing it off that. Her being Laurens girl just works so well because it opens story possibilities.

Also leons story was kinda of open ended. His goal was to prove he was the strongest then he just kinda walked off. Nothing was ”concluded". So this is a good way to reel him back into the story proper.

He was also Janns original rival for strongest warrior.

But I also like it because it works out well for so many reasons

Gives them a link to characters besides Armstrong's and Bayman
Can tie them both into the main story if handled well
Then creates an interesting protective father and rebellious daughter tag team pair with bass/Tina and Leon/mila
Creates story drama potential
Give mila and Leon a proper tag team.

Argentus

Care to specify pls? I don't use Leon much so I never noticed her using his moves.
Well the Mount tackle, and then beat down or arm bars, obviously, though Leon doesn't have the kneeing options.

But more generally, 4H+K, 9P, their critbursts are similar, 7p backhand, and a few othermoves, but those are off the top of my head. Milas are more variations than straight copies, but its still obvious enough.

P2p1mbs

Well the Mount tackle, and then beat down or arm bars, obviously, though Leon doesn't have the kneeing options.

But more generally, 4H+K, 9P, their critbursts are similar, 7p backhand, and a few othermoves, but those are off the top of my head. Milas are more variations than straight copies, but its still obvious enough.

Those moves are similar but not the same. You may be overanalyzing there.

Argentus

Those moves are similar but not the same. You may be overanalyzing there.

Similar enough to notice that she was obviously the girl version of Leon when he wasn't going to be in 5. Similar enough to note they can be played essentially the same (mila just doesn't have his sweeps and he doesn't have her ability to mount off everything).

As I said they're not exactly the same, but its still obvious she got some of his moves

The critburst is the only thing I'm really reaching on here.

Either way I still like all the character relation and story possibilities it opens up. Especially if MIST takes an interest in Leon.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD