What would you like to see in DOA6?

T..J. Bernard

Well....
1) Better netcode
2) More unique styles (judo, Sumo, etc)
3) Do not add any of the DOAx3 girls (No Luna, Misaki, Tamari, or whomever else). I may get heat for it but oh well. Not a fan of the DOAx series anyways.
4) Online Tournament mode to be expanded to add ft2's & loser's bracket (And also have the players play on their own until the top 4.
5) No more clones after DOA6 story
6) Sidestep to be more efficient (Please get rid of Re-Tracking)
7) More costumes for the Bros
8) Buffs to certain characters
9) Additional moves
10) If there are guests: Tifa or Rock Lee to be added
11) Floor break combos
12) Boost in Frame advantage (Especially when it comes to fighting 9 framers)
13) Danger Zone to be gone from existence
14) Dojo to be only a training map
15) Customization on costumes
16) Improvement on Neutral game (I feel it favors 9 framers or evasive characters a little too much)
17) Rank system to be improved (Especially rewards for high ranks)
18) Throw Breaks
19) DOA's true story to actually include more characters to the ninja situation (Hitomi, Jann Lee, etc..)
20) Whiffed moves to not have enough recovery to hold or anything

That's the most I can think of for now.

Bacaww

Lemme join on the bandwagon real quick
1) Random filters removed
2) Being able to choose a stage should be removed imo, you have these players that only pick stages that benefit them
3) More diversity in the male roster
4) Instead of re-using old music tracks, make new ones instead.
5) Better stages, DOA 4, 3, 2 and hell even DoaOnline have more and diversive stages
6) Modes like arcade and time attack getting revamped
7) Customization, maybe something like Tekken where you can grind money for cosmetics and such
8) Buff up the okizeme game
9) The old hit effects of previous installments
10) Move details displaying the distance of which a move can reach
11) ROUND NOT ENDING BY FALL DAMAGE, I have lost so many rounds thanks to falling off stages and it has to be the lamest kind of lose ever
12) More risks being attached to back dashing and side-stepping
13) Unholdables playing a bigger role
14) Stair throws/Special throws that happen when the opponenent is close to falling off the stage

And thats all for now

Kensei_warlord

Rage meter, dizzy mode, more guys (Cloud/Squall alike) characters (enough Leon/Genfu!)
Handicap mode (frames/health%), instant K.O. (balls hit)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lemme join on the bandwagon real quick
1) Random filters removed
2) Being able to choose a stage should be removed imo, you have these players that only pick stages that benefit them
4) Instead of re-using old music tracks, make new ones instead.
5) Better stages, DOA 4, 3, 2 and hell even DoaOnline have more and diversive stages
6) Modes like arcade and time attack getting revamped
7) Customization, maybe something like Tekken where you can grind money for cosmetics and such
8) Buff up the okizeme game
10) Move details displaying the distance of which a move can reach
11) ROUND NOT ENDING BY FALL DAMAGE, I have lost so many rounds thanks to falling off stages and it has to be the lamest kind of lose ever
13) Unholdables playing a bigger role
14) Stair throws/Special throws that happen when the opponenent is close to falling off the stage

And thats all for now
Actually I think fall damage should stay in. If a player is able to knock their opponent off a ledge they deserve to get that KO. I didn't like how in DOA4 when you worked so damn hard and finally made a comeback and knocked your opponent into a danger zone or hazard and then instead of the game just KOing them, it leaves them still alive, like WTF? XD that's basically like a spit in face, like the game saying "Haha, well looks like youre not done yet!" And let it be that one player who makes a comeback and destroys you as soon as they tech up

Shirataki Tsume

I thought I was the only one who found most of the male characters kinda bland... I never played Bass, Gen Fu, and a few others because I never found them interesting.
Totally agree. I really like DOA4's stages. I love that cherry blossom stage that has a bridge at the center. DOA2U's stages as well. I don't like those urban-looking and factory stages in DOA5.
Yeah, I really want this. It surprised me that the game had no customization, but I started to tolerate it as long as I have other decent costumes aside from their main outfit.
I don't understand this one. I thought the previous games didn't have any hit effects, or did you mean the sound effects?
I think backdash has a risk of getting counter hit while performing it. I thought that was already enough...

Bacaww

Actually I think fall damage should stay in. If a player is able to knock their opponent off a ledge they deserve to get that KO. I didn't like how in DOA4 when you worked so damn hard and finally made a comeback and knocked your opponent into a danger zone or hazard and then instead of the game just KOing them, it leaves them still alive, like WTF? XD that's basically like a spit in face, like the game saying "Haha, well looks like youre not done yet!" And let it be that one player who makes a comeback and destroys you as soon as they tech up
I dont mind the mechanic, its just that it shouldnt result in an end of a round

This one is already implemented in DOA5LR.

Whoops mb
I thought I was the only one who found most of the male characters kinda bland... I never played Bass, Gen Fu, and a few others because I never found them interesting.

Totally agree. I really like DOA4's stages. I love that cherry blossom stage that has a bridge at the center. DOA2U's stages as well. I don't like those urban-looking and factory stages in DOA5.
Yeah, I really want this. It surprised me that the game had no customization, but I started to tolerate it as long as I have other decent costumes aside from their main outfit.

I don't understand this one. I thought the previous games didn't have any hit effects, or did you mean the sound effects?

I think backdash has a risk of getting counter hit while performing it. I thought that was already enough...

Yeah I meant the sound effect, its not gameplay related but something I personally prefer lol.

I remember it used to be a high counter in the previous series buuut u right kind of an invalid point ye

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
From competitive topics (and casual idea probably), I'd like to see these:

1+) Remove stage filter or add a setting in lobby that adds a yes/no option to custom stages set by players. The moment you select your character, you are immediately put on a stage by the game itself rather than a custom filter set by players when they select random.

2+) The ability to spawn at specific stages in training mode when you are looking for something. Hitting that reset button to get that part of the stage is a bit rigid.

3+) Someone mentioned a throw break system. It's not a bad idea so hopefully they can handle that one right (because the last thing we need is get a throw break system that turns out to be overpowered with ease or makes some characters useless because of it). Particularly throw breaks should happen when being thrown on NH. I do feel that if someone -holds- and get thrown they shouldn't be able to break because there are characters in the game that thrive off frame advantage from their throws to be honest (Bass, Pai, Mila, Zack, Hitomi etc.), I am up for the idea though. Can't exactly react to i7-i10 throws, they are faster than a jab and it can reduce jab tick throws without the need to predict if they are going for a mid or going for a throw.

4+) Backdashing on CH stun state. If anything, punishing opponents on backdash should just immediately launch them rather than getting stuck in a stun mixup situation resulting in more damage because a heavy character is too slow to get out of a wake up situation up close due to recovery and forced to guess deep stun situations, if anything just knock them back into a forced knockdown where they can't tech up immediately (I guess, still thinking about this one).

5+) Adding a Sidestep function in training mode bots during as an ACTION or REACTION. Would be nice to test things the moment you land something on block and the computer sidesteps immediately.

6+) Some type of reward system or currency to continue playing the game. Unlocks etc.

7+) Continuing the trend of having 3rd party fighting game characters into the series (not too much, but roughly the same amount from DOA5LR was good). The VF characters and Mai developed quite a list of people who still continue playing the game nowadays and promoting it who comes from other fighting games to showing others that DOA can be taken serious as a fighter, especially at medias, venues etc. TN's done a great job with this to have them redone in the game's mechanics and even Tom supports the inclusion so this was an upgrade.

8+) More fan made designs as DLC rather than constant DLC that are reskins etc.

9+) Outfit customization mode. I know it's all about the DLC galore but even a palette swap with a color bar at the top right of the screen would be nice. You can just recolor the default outfits if it makes them feel better.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Last edited:

T..J. Bernard

Couple of other things I just remembered:

1) If I'm airborne and the opponent does a low wake-up there should be no scenario where I should get hit by the low wake-up.
2) Improvement on punishing free cancels.

That's all I remember for now.

illninofan

Being able to fast forward and rewind through the actual replay would be nice. It's a little tedious to have to sit through an entire replay for a single frame. As I recall, you can only pause the playback.

Kensei_warlord

Now this is easily understandable! not like mostly stupid gamer P.H.D. language, calculation, and their stupidly thick ice wall senses.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Now this is easily understandable! not like mostly stupid gamer P.H.D. language, calculation, and their stupidly thick ice wall senses.

5c9.jpg

XxNoriakixX

- I hope the training mode will be expanded with selectable positions and floors, still the best one in any fighting game.
- More male characters, especially if they dare to put the new DoAX3 girls into the new game.
- Better netcode
- a GOOD Pc port, Koei pls. / LOBBIES on Pc!
- Maybe less dlc? They have tried to have less fanservice but gave up on it for profit, but in the end it would be better for them. They have seen how we can support the game without having to make yt bikini videos.
- Some changes in terms of frame data. 10 frames actually come out in 10 frames, without this weird 2 frames delay. Fewer unsafe moves would be good as well.
- A replay lobby where people can watch and upload matches
- More customisation, but not this over the top Tekken or VF crap with sushi rolls on top of your head or a giant frying pan etc.
- More fighting styles, but that's what new characters are there for. Maybe some more exotic ones? Vietnam has some lesser known arts that I would like to see.
- Leifang should get her old string extensions back like 8KK.
- Leifang's 3P+K should be an insta-win.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I think unsafe moves are pretty fine, but they should add more recovery on certain moves to make punishment easier or interrupting them in free cancelled situations. Ex: Such as Christie's H+K into jab strings. H+K is unsafe but it has follow ups, but yet interrupting the move can be a pain when the disadvantage is pretty huge when it has fast recovery.

Even worse when you play on the net actually lol. Some characters have moves that are like -12 but recovery is like 17 or 16. It's a scheme when people try to fuzzy under it when it's unsafe for throw punishment.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
-This thread is basically just asking for what general gameplay changes you would like to see, meaning normal gameplay and even character specific. I'll go first:

-Make throws breakable in all situations outside of hi counter and unsafe move situations. If your opponent for example throws out a hold in stun then it could be guaranteed. Also unsafe moves could have a frame cap so if it's unsafe at -12 or higher, they can't throw break but the frame cap would have to be reasonable as to not hinder the grapplers.

-Strengthen the side step mechanic. For example if you ss a string it should not retrack unless the string has another attack that tracks.

-Add more strike punishment and decrease the amount of throw punishment after unsafe moves. There can still be throw punishable moves but lessen this since throws should now be breakable and it gets old seeing back to back throw punishs to punish unsafe moves when it should be possible to use strikes to punish as well.

-Fine tune the crush system more so it can be more accurate and reliable.

-Refine the stun game more and further refine it.

:kasumi:
-Make her safer, for example static strings such as 1PP and 2KK should be safe on block since its a low to high. Remove the delay if that makes it more reasonable.

-Make 9PK a mid instead of a high since all anyone has to do to shut Kasumi down in this stance is crouch.

-Make Kasumi's low ender from 3P2K, 6P2K, etc. a standalone move since I feel it can help her at mid range, maybe as 1H+K.

-Kasumi's strings that end with the high shoulder jab from strings like 3P+K~P and 6PP should be safe when you use that follow up since its a high.

-Kasumi's 6H+KK should be safe on block since its two high kicks of average to below average speed that only have a low mix up.

-KKP and PKKP should be safe since the jumping mid punch is fairly telegraphed.

-3KK should be safe since its a mid to high and a static string.

-Make the ender from 6PKK or PP6PKK a standalone move with an input like 236H+K. It could be a beat pressure type move since it GBs.

- Give her at least one mid that avoids highs and high crushs, like 3H+K I feel could be that attack, just make it unsafe and make the strong variant KK6K or PKK6K not have that property.

-Call me crazy but I feel like 6KK and PP6KK should be safe, I mean besides being used as a somewhat average speed string mix up in stun, it only has a high or low ender, so maybe make it -5 safe and just tone down the delay if need be.

-Give her at least one more hoshinpo cancel, like 4P6~ or even 66K6~.

-Refactor 7P near a wall:
*Instead of automatically just lunging at the opponent when she does this, make it a command like 7PP+K that has to be done that instant.

*If the player doesn't input anything, she should grab the wall like Mai does.

*If the player presses 7PP she will jump from the Wall using the 8P jump and she will have access to her P or T options.

(That's all I could think of atm xD)

Jadeinchains

add rihanna into the game

lol you really have her on your mind with this post and signature.

anyway I have no idea If I've posted in this thread before but I can't think of specific things I would like to see in doa5 right now besides to just make sure that Lisa is there after her escape in doa5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD