• 2014-15

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • 2016+

Votes: 105 92.1%

• Total voters

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Hayabusa teleport rant
When he does a teleport air punch, he does a frontflip and then drops with his arm first. This is easy to tell because of the speed of the attack (It's slow). You can punish with a low throw or a mid/low attack. To make it whiff, sidestep TWICE before attacking.

When he does a teleport air kick, he comes in, at a 45 degree angle with his legs first. He flies at you pretty quick, but you can block it that causes GB. So freestep or sidestep.

Here are teleport counters with characters:
Zack: 3P+K/8K/7KK
Hitomi: 4H+K
Kasumi: 7K
Mirror: 7K
Hayate: 7K
Ayane: 7K
Brad: 8H+K
Lisa/Lamar: 7K
Alpha: 7K/33KK
Leon: 214P
Bayman: 214P
Rachel:
6XK8s.gif

Gen Fu: 44P/7K
Jacky: 7K
Sarah: 7K
Eliot: 7K/9P
Tina: 33K
Pai: 9KK
Christie: 33P
Kokoro: 4P
Momiji: 236P
Jann Lee: 7K/9K/33P
Helena: 7K/(BKO)P+K/9K
Mila: 33P
Rig: 33K
Bass: 7K
Akira: H (1-frame)+K
Ein: (WR)K/4H+K
Lei Fang: 4K/9KKK/H+K

Brute

Standard Donor
When he does a teleport air kick, he comes in, at a 45 degree angle with his legs first. He flies at you pretty quick, but you can block it that causes GB. So freestep or sidestep.
That GB actually leaves Hayabusa at negative frames. So honestly, you're fine to simply use a standing block on it.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
That GB actually leaves Hayabusa at negative frames. So honestly, you're fine to simply use a standing block on it.
Ah, OK then, it's all good. I'm still going to freestep though, but block if my move recovery is too much to move afterwards.

Belinea

I ended up hating most of the gameplay additions to DOA5, as I felt that they were less of a solution to DOA's problems, and more of a band-aid just covering them up. I general I thought all the new ideas were half-baked and not fully realized. Anyway, for DOA6:
  • Remove Powerblows, Power Launchers, and Cliff-hangers.
    • The need to compete with modern fighting game design meant we were subjected to these flashy 'come-back' mechanics, yet TN seemed to forget they already had something similar in place with their environmental hazards. For example, knocking or throwing someone off a cliff was very visceral, easy to pull off, could turn the tide of a fight, and give DOA a unique voice amongst other 3D fighters. Also the fact you would have to walk your opponent to that hazard as well made it challenging but satisfying when pulled off. I don't know if it was because other games like Tekken starting implementing edges to their game, but I feel like TN scaled back some of the essence of DOA to make a mechanic that looks and very feels very visually similar to most 'supermoves' in other fighting games.
    • One of the more useful aspects of a powerblow is that it is +16 or +17 on block after 40 or so frames. But I feel that that amount of frame advantage would have been better used on already existing moves, allowing for more guaranteed combos to open up.
    • Cliff-hangers were just annoying and added yet another unneeded mix-up option to the meta-game. If I successfully outplayed and knocked my opponent over an edge I really should be getting the damage guaranteed.
    • The majority of the powerblow animations aren't very good anyway. The best ones belong to fan favourite characters like Jann Lee, or the characters that were featured in the beta demo like Hayate, were it feels like a substantial amount of work went into their presentation. The same with Cliff-hangers. Then we get characters like Brad or Eliot and their powerblows, which is just a quickly cobbled together sequence of existing moves.
  • Remove Crictial Blows, and instead add more unholdable states.
    • This mechanic felt like it was in place to jusifiy the existence of powerblows (and later power launchers). Having to play through the stun threshold meta-game of DOA4 to maybe get an unholdable state from a CB was not a proper fix to existing problems. Instead, existing moves should have acted like CB's, allowing you to properly combo one move into the next.
    • And in the same vein - so much stun states makes reading the game very confusing. Why make the distinction of making stuns like limbos and sit-downs unholdable but leaving the ability to hold out of others? What makes sit-downs so special? Why didn't lift stuns receive the same treatment? It's all confusing. If I was a novice watching the game I wouldn't know which person was at advantage, as it's impossible to know which stuns TN have arbitrarily made unholdable or not. Really this whole system needs revising, with a lot of the usless stuns removed, and more unholdable states added. Currently I feel that the present system comes across as sloppy, underdeveloped, and unbalanced. This is what I meant by the ideas being half-baked and unrealized - in that adding unholdable STS was a great addition but so much more could have been done.
  • I would very much like for parries to become more dangerous, with guaranteed options afterwards. Also for their active window to be increased back again. I felt some characters really needed it.
  • Characters to have better spacing options, and to not be Hi-counter blown when trying to back dash. You shouldn't be punished for to trying to avoid.
  • Bigger and less square-shaped stages. DOA5 stage are quite bland considering.
  • More real life martial arts.
  • I honestly wouldn't mind if partitions returned in the middle of stages ala DOA4 but were completely unholdable, and not just when you knocked a back-turned opponent over one.
  • I'm probably the only one to want this, but I would like all lows to hit downed opponents again. I always hated lows whiffing, not just in DOA but other games too.
  • Basically more guaranteed options for every character, and for most characters to become safer.

Last edited:

gnooz

Actually I liked the story of DOA5 I mean maybe just the ending but except Kasumi's goal I think other character relations are weird. They forced everything with DOA5 because this is a mixed game I can understand. This time they didn't make CG movies for characters but they made a long narrative movie which isn't bad maybe better but visually it is less appealing. I want a legit opening movie just like DOAU opening. Seriously will we ever get a CG opening movie?? DOA5 opening movie is just a mix of flashbacks...We only have one legit opening movie lol. And of course I want ending movies for characters.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Back on topic I really think Aquarium would make a great DOA6 stage. It would look amazing in HD especially on PS4/X1. It would also be cool if, when you hit the glass hard enough like say a Power Blow, it cracks and water starts pouring into the room giving it a slippery surface.
DOAUAquarium_1.jpg

yay slippery surfaces. those things were a god send for me turns Bayman's lows into something to be feared.

the game mechanics are far from perfect, but acceptable imo.i really want them to focus on the stages in DOA6 isee shit from the older DOAs and i get jealous as fuck. DOA4 had some good ones, but goddam they dont hold a candle to the prior stuff.

of course i want them to work on the game mechanics too, but i can get around the stun game cant get around shitty stages :/

Squizzo

1 - Better netcode.
2 - Better stages. No boring stages like aircraft carrier or ridiculous stages like the show.
3 - Bring back low walls and stair throws. Get rid of cliffhangers or make them guaranteed.
4 - At least two new characters (minimum) male and female.
5 - Get rid of the VF characters but include a guest character (just one this time).
6 - In depth character customisation.
7 - No unholdable stun states (except CB).
8 - All throws breakable.
9 - Classic arcade mode.
10 - Better story mode.

LightSonic

I don’t think DOA6 will be released any time soon. Probably not until late 2016 at least.

What I would like to see:

1. Better netcode.
2. Voice change feature like in Street fighter x Tekken, so we can play in english and japanese. I prefer some characters in english (Kokoro, Hayate, Rig), but some sound better in japanese to me (Ein, Leifang, Helena).
3. A color palette, so we can recolor costumes. I need Kokoro's C2 in blue. >.>
4. Hayate to be able to wear Ein's costumes and vice versa. I really want this after seeing Hayate wear Ein's C1 in DOAD’s story mode.
5. An online mode similar to Global Colosseo in SCV, but better. I actually like it more than normal lobbies since you don't have to wait too long to fight.
6. Bring back some old stages. (Aerial Gardens at night)
7. DOA4’s avatar lobbies. I never played DOA4, but the lobbies looked cool! They could use the avatars for DOA’s version of Global Colosseo though... or both! :D
8. Better story mode.
9. 2 new characters. 1 boy and 1 girl.
10. Some DOAX mini-game modes with all characters playable.
11. A record function in training mode like TTT2’s when you can make multiple recordings.
12. Tag mode that isn't broken. (really just no stupid juggles)
13. Kokoro and Ein buffed. lol (tracking, damage increase, faster, safer etc :>)
14. Life and hold damage back to how it was in vanilla DOA5...

d3v

12. Tag mode that isn't broken. (really just no stupid juggles)
But that's the point of tag. A tag team fighter needs to allow a single character to be able to easily take out another character as to reduce the slippery slope nature of losing one character. Look at the most competitively legitimate tag team fighters out there. It's quite common in these games for a single mistake to lead to the loss of one character (even at full life).

If anything, the only thing they need to fix with tag is to make it so that snapbacks (or Force Outs as TN calls them) do not require both characters. This is so even if you have only one character left, you can force your opponents character with lower life in to take them out and even the odds.

LightSonic

But that's the point of tag. A tag team fighter needs to allow a single character to be able to easily take out another character as to reduce the slippery slope nature of losing one character. Look at the most competitively legitimate tag team fighters out there. It's quite common in these games for a single mistake to lead to the loss of one character (even at full life).

If anything, the only thing they need to fix with tag is to make it so that snapbacks (or Force Outs as TN calls them) do not require both characters. This is so even if you have only one character left, you can force your opponents character with lower life in to take them out and even the odds.

I guess you do have a point there, but maybe they could increase the gravity a little more? I've never really been competitive in tag team fighters (except TTT2, but that wasn't for very long), so I don't have much knowledge on them. I like being able to use 2 characters at once, just not super long juggles that do over 70% from the simplest juggle.

Dizzypunch

I guess you do have a point there, but maybe they could increase the gravity a little more? I've never really been competitive in tag team fighters (except TTT2, but that wasn't for very long), so I don't have much knowledge on them. I like being able to use 2 characters at once, just not super long juggles that do over 70% from the simplest juggle.

People think mahvel OHKO combos are easy.

sweet_fang

Hi guys, I'm kinda new here, but I've known DOA for some time already : I used to play DOA2 on my PS2 back in time, and it was AWESOME !!! :) However, last year, I bought a copy of DOA5 for 35 euros just to discover only 10 days later that TECMO was going to release an Ultimate version, argh... Sold it back immediately. I am currently WAITING for next september, just to see if Tecmo is gonna do it AGAIN and release another "more ultimate" version with more costumes and the new characters too... This is only to say that if Tecmo is preparing a NEW DOA game, they should spend more time on it so that everything (or at least the most) is in it from the start !

What I would like to see in DOA 6 :

First of all, I want a DECENT epic 3DCG Intro presenting the characters like there used to be in the Soul Calibur saga and the Tekken saga !

ROSTER : Tina, Christie, Lisa, Marierose, Kasumi, Ayane, Mila, Lei-Fang, Hitomi, Momiji, Rachel, Helena, Kokoro, Gen-Fu, Eliot, Brad Wong, Leon, Rig, Hayate, Ryu, Jann-Lee, Bass, Zack, Bayman.

BOSSES : New Boss (for Story Mode), Tengu & Resurrected Raidou (for Tag Mode), Alpha 126 (for Arcade Mode)

NEW CHARACTERS :
- Miyako who wants to stop Kokoro in order to protect her (uses Wing Chun)
- Sonia "Irene Lew" who wants to find Ryu (uses Krav Maga)
- Rio Tachibana who simply wants to test her skills (uses Savate)
- a Brazilian babe with curly dark hair (uses Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu mixed with Capoeira moves) who wants to punish Zack for seducing and abandoning her
- an Eastern-European guy who has middle-length wavy hair (like Brandon Lee in "The Crow") and glasses (uses a military form of Silat) who wants to defeat everyone starting from Leon and Jann-Lee and dreams of marrying Lei-Fang whom he sees as the perfect bride for the "strongest man on Earth". This guy should be the real psycho of the group !

GUESTS : I am not a big fan of this "guest" thing, but if Tecmo wants to do it really bad, I have a few ideas that could be a good compromise.
-> First of all, I'd say NO MORE THAN 2 GUESTS, just so that they could have their intros/endings for the Tag Mode. They should NOT appear in the Story Mode though.
They could be :
- Chun-Li & Albert Wesker from Capcom
- Jin & Asuka Kazama from Tekken or maybe Kazuya & Heihachi from Tekken
- Mai Shiranui & Athena Asamiya from K.O.F.
Possible Virtua Fighter come-back ? => IF Virtua Fighter characters really MUST return because Tecmo can't do a DOA 6 game without them, I'd keep only Akira and Sarah as they seem the most "iconic" characters of the series in my own humble opinion... :)

About the GAME MODES :

Story Mode => it should be a LONG story (that uses 3DCG cutscenes) divided in CHAPTERS with 3 fights for every character, but each fight would be a single-round fight (you win you go on with the story, you lose the story stops). the Final BOSS would be unique and TOTALLY NEW.

Arcade Mode => a series of 10 "standard fights" (2 rounds + final round) but the BOSS would be Alpha 126. Like in Tekken 5, at the BEGINNING of the Arcade Mode, you have a few Comics illustrations of your character that explain why he/she has joined the tournament. The ending however is DIFFERENT for each character and in 3DCG.

TAG Mode => Form a team and challenge all the other teams. The Bosses team is nonetheless than Tengu with a Resurrected Raidou directly from Hell ! (he should look all demon-like and partially zombified, hehe...)

Domination Mode => select a character and challenge EVERY CHARACTER in the game to prove you are the UNDISPUTED CHAMPION.

Challenge Mode => Like in Mortal Kombat 9, you must "climb the challenge tower" and beat about 100 mini-games to unlock costumes, accessories and pin-ups for each character. Every character has its own challenges, that can be combos but also totally new things like puzzle games or even slice a watermelon in 2 for Hayate and Hayabusa since they have a katana (like there was in the trailer of Metal Gear Rising Revengeance), hehe...

Tutorial => enter the DOJO and master your character's moves. You can fight against the CPU or another Player.

Costume Gallery => Select your character and watch him/her come out from a dressing room wearing the costumes and accessories you have UNLOCKED so far. That would be good to easily see what you have already and what is missing.

Otaku Mode => Select 2 fighters and watch them fight while you can RECORD, use SLOW MOTION, ZOOM and even TAKE A PICTURE. That would satisfy all the hardcore fanbase who wants only fanservice, hehe...

Hall of Trophies : Check out all your achievements, costumes, accessories and other unlockables you have already acquired so far.

COSTUMES : 15 costumes for every girl + 3 swimsuits (A,B and C) / 12 costumes for each guy + 1 swimsuit
Some costumes may be unlocked just with the Story mode, others with the other game modes, others only through Challenge mode... The important thing is that each costume needs to be unlocked in a particular game mode and following precise conditions, like in Soul Calibur.
Note : the costumes should be selected among the most popular costumes of the franchise. I'd leave the "themed" costumes for DLCs if people really want them, pay for it !

ACCESSORIES : 3 or 4 accessories that you'll have to unlock to customize your character (glasses, small purse, tattoo, scar, necklace...)

HAIRSTYLES : 3 or 4 different hairstyles (including HATS) you'll have to unlock to pimp up your character.
(example with Lei-Fang : normal, loose hair, pigtails or twin buns)

ARENAS : 10 totally new arenas with multi-level and danger zones
-> give us some OLD arenas with better graphics (Koku-An, Aerial Gardens, Great China Wall...)

oops, sorry for the wall of text guys, I hope I did not exagerate, hahaha... :-D
Feel free to give me feedback about my suggestions !

Argentus

When he does a teleport air punch, he does a frontflip and then drops with his arm first. This is easy to tell because of the speed of the attack (It's slow). You can punish with a low throw or a mid/low attack. To make it whiff, sidestep TWICE before attacking.

Here are teleport counters with characters:
Zack: 3P+K/8K/7KK
Hitomi: 4H+K
Kasumi: 7K
Mirror: 7K
Hayate: 7K
Ayane: 7K
Brad: 8H+K
Lisa/Lamar: 7K
Alpha: 7K/33KK
Leon: 214P
Bayman: 214P
Rachel:
6XK8s.gif

Gen Fu: 44P/7K
Jacky: 7K
Sarah: 7K
Eliot: 7K/9P
Tina: 33K
Pai: 9KK
Christie: 33P
Kokoro: 4P
Momiji: 236P
Jann Lee: 7K/9K/33P
Helena: 7K/(BKO)P+K/9K
Mila: 33P
Rig: 33K
Bass: 7K
Akira: H (1-frame)+K
Ein: (WR)K/4H+K
Lei Fang: 4K/9KKK/H+K

really appreciate it, though I do still wanna ask: How do I tell if its gonna be the arm drop or the throw? I know the throw, is my main problem, because it rearranged Ryu in midair like a tetris piece when I try to move in any direction, and its an above throw, so I can't block or duck it, apparently. So that's the one that ticks me off the most.
Or is there actually some way to tell which teleport is going to happen, that I'm missing?

Back on Topic.

I ended up hating most of the gameplay additions to DOA5, as I felt that they were less of a solution to DOA's problems, and more of a band-aid just covering them up. I general I thought all the new ideas were half-baked and not fully realized. Anyway, for DOA6:
  • Remove Powerblows, Power Launchers, and Cliff-hangers.
    • The need to compete with modern fighting game design meant we were subjected to these flashy 'come-back' mechanics, yet TN seemed to forget they already had something similar in place with their environmental hazards. For example, knocking or throwing someone off a cliff was very visceral, easy to pull off, could turn the tide of a fight, and give DOA a unique voice amongst other 3D fighters. Also the fact you would have to walk your opponent to that hazard as well made it challenging but satisfying when pulled off. I don't know if it was because other games like Tekken starting implementing edges to their game, but I feel like TN scaled back some of the essence of DOA to make a mechanic that looks and very feels very visually similar to most 'supermoves' in other fighting games.
    • One of the more useful aspects of a powerblow is that it is +16 or +17 on block after 40 or so frames. But I feel that that amount of frame advantage would have been better used on already existing moves, allowing for more guaranteed combos to open up.
    • Cliff-hangers were just annoying and added yet another unneeded mix-up option to the meta-game. If I successfully outplayed and knocked my opponent over an edge I really should be getting the damage guaranteed.
    • The majority of the powerblow animations aren't very good anyway. The best ones belong to fan favourite characters like Jann Lee, or the characters that were featured in the beta demo like Hayate, were it feels like a substantial amount of work went into their presentation. The same with Cliff-hangers. Then we get characters like Brad or Eliot and their powerblows, which is just a quickly cobbled together sequence of existing moves.
  • Remove Crictial Blows, and instead add more unholdable states.
    • This mechanic felt like it was in place to jusifiy the existence of powerblows (and later power launchers). Having to play through the stun threshold meta-game of DOA4 to maybe get an unholdable state from a CB was not a proper fix to existing problems. Instead, existing moves should have acted like CB's, allowing you to properly combo one move into the next.
    • And in the same vein - so much stun states makes reading the game very confusing. Why make the distinction of making stuns like limbos and sit-downs unholdable but leaving the ability to hold out of others? What makes sit-downs so special? Why didn't lift stuns receive the same treatment? It's all confusing. If I was a novice watching the game I wouldn't know which person was at advantage, as it's impossible to know which stuns TN have arbitrarily made unholdable or not. Really this whole system needs revising, with a lot of the usless stuns removed, and more unholdable states added. Currently I feel that the present system comes across as sloppy, underdeveloped, and unbalanced. This is what I meant by the ideas being half-baked and unrealized - in that adding unholdable STS was a great addition but so much more could have been done.
  • I would very much like for parries to become more dangerous, with guaranteed options afterwards. Also for their active window to be increased back again. I felt some characters really needed it.
  • Characters to have better spacing options, and to not be Hi-counter blown when trying to back dash. You shouldn't be punished for to trying to avoid.
  • Bigger and less square-shaped stages. DOA5 stage are quite bland considering.
  • More real life martial arts.
  • I honestly wouldn't mind if partitions returned in the middle of stages ala DOA4 but were completely unholdable, and not just when you knocked a back-turned opponent over one.
  • I'm probably the only one to want this, but I would like all lows to hit downed opponents again. I always hated lows whiffing, not just in DOA but other games too.
  • Basically more guaranteed options for every character, and for most characters to become safer.

All of this, yes. DOA5 tried too hard to be other games, not enough effort put into being DOA. Its getting a Resident Evil complex.

I would also like to add, I really wish lows wouldn't launch. I do get really tired of a downward jab causing the opponent to pop straight up. It doesn't make any kind of logical or gameplay mechanic sense, at ALL. If a move is going to launch, it should be a move that either makes the opponent bounce, or is actually an upward strike.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
really appreciate it, though I do still wanna ask: How do I tell if its gonna be the arm drop or the throw? I know the throw, is my main problem, because it rearranged Ryu in midair like a tetris piece when I try to move in any direction, and its an above throw, so I can't block or duck it, apparently. So that's the one that ticks me off the most.
Or is there actually some way to tell which teleport is going to happen, that I'm missing?

You can duck the teleport throw, it makes Busa look like an idiot, which is funny because it whiffs without you moving. And to punish, crouching throw. Problem with that is, if he does TelePunch, you will be hit. Freestep when he is on the way down, not when he is in the air. It will surely whiff. That's probably your problem.

If it is not the problem, counter pick. If you're Leon, then do his 214P when you see the teleport happen. (CRAZY FACT: That move adjusts to where ever Busa goes to with no problems) so if he does a regular Teleport, he's stuffed. If he does a TeleThrow and you try to 214P, you will be stuffed because that is a OH. Best option: FreeStepDodge (See what I did there??)

Mila has her 9P, her jumping leap punch. Use that to beat the TeleThrow. Throws can't hit an aired opponent until they've at least touched the ground. That DESTROYS TeleThrow.

How to tell the difference:
TelePunch: Comes out relatively quick, Busa has his legs facing down and gravity takes him down with a downward handstrike. Solution: Sidestep x2/ Freestep Dodge/ Counter Pick

TeleKick: Comes out the fastest. Busa is at a 45 degree angle, legs first. Solution: Block (Does -GB) and Punish/ Sidestep.

TeleThrow: Comes out the SLOWEST of all. Busa does a front flip in the air before slowly diving at you like a olympian. It is an OH and it eats through attacks.It is useless (MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!) to sidestep as it does track only on sidestep sometimes. Solution: Air Attack/ Freestep Dodge.

Hope this becomes of somewhat use to you.

Argentus

What low attacks acts as a launcher?

not sure specifically, because I don't use them, but I see like, Christie and the female ninjas doing low, downward jabs on falling opponents to make them pop straight up in the air. it just makes no sense at ALL.

An upwards jab like Elliot does makes sense, at least, weight/strength issues aside.

You can duck the teleport throw, it makes Busa look like an idiot, which is funny because it whiffs without you moving. And to punish, crouching throw. Problem with that is, if he does TelePunch, you will be hit. Freestep when he is on the way down, not when he is in the air. It will surely whiff. That's probably your problem.

If it is not the problem, counter pick. If you're Leon, then do his 214P when you see the teleport happen. (CRAZY FACT: That move adjusts to where ever Busa goes to with no problems) so if he does a regular Teleport, he's stuffed. If he does a TeleThrow and you try to 214P, you will be stuffed because that is a OH. Best option: FreeStepDodge (See what I did there??)

Mila has her 9P, her jumping leap punch. Use that to beat the TeleThrow. Throws can't hit an aired opponent until they've at least touched the ground. That DESTROYS TeleThrow.

How to tell the difference:
TelePunch: Comes out relatively quick, Busa has his legs facing down and gravity takes him down with a downward handstrike. Solution: Sidestep x2/ Freestep Dodge/ Counter Pick

TeleKick: Comes out the fastest. Busa is at a 45 degree angle, legs first. Solution: Block (Does -GB) and Punish/ Sidestep.

TeleThrow: Comes out the SLOWEST of all. Busa does a front flip in the air before slowly diving at you like a olympian. It is an OH and it eats through attacks.It is useless (MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!) to sidestep as it does track only on sidestep sometimes. Solution: Air Attack/ Freestep Dodge.

Hope this becomes of somewhat use to you.

Seriously? Must've just had my timing off, because I tried crouching, but get thrown anyway. Maybe I'm doing it too late or something.

on the leaping attacks....again, its probably just my timing being off, but i've tried that countless times, thinking that logic exactly, but he always seems to just grab me out of the air, then the game just continues the throw animation but "shoving" us down to the ground. So he catches me in midair, then it continues the throw as if I were standing on the ground. or maybe thats just online being online, and I WAS right to try it, but its just not working.

two sidesteps for punch...good to know, never woulda thought I had to quadruple tap to avoid it lol.. Kick itself isnt too much of an issue, just trying to guess when they are going to use it. Telethrow...i've noticed it moving not only to follow sidesteps, but also back and forth (I've tried running under him, doing leaping attacks, but it moves him in midair forward or back to track me). That happen with anyone else there?

Appreciate it a ton, I'll try to keep that all in mind from now on.

random note, Leon's basic PPP punch (one two, charge hit), that third hit will knock ryu right back out of his telekick. Didnt know it had that kinda priority. Happened other night.

Now that I think about it...i wonder if Mila's power launcher (her shoryuken) can hit Ryu out of his teleports...

Also HA. I only just recently got into JOJO, can't wait to get All Star Battle in english.

GUESTS : I am not a big fan of this "guest" thing, but if Tecmo wants to do it really bad, I have a few ideas that could be a good compromise.
-> First of all, I'd say NO MORE THAN 2 GUESTS, just so that they could have their intros/endings for the Tag Mode. They should NOT appear in the Story Mode though.
They could be :
- Chun-Li & Albert Wesker from Capcom
- Jin & Asuka Kazama from Tekken or maybe Kazuya & Heihachi from Tekken
- Mai Shiranui & Athena Asamiya from K.O.F.
Possible Virtua Fighter come-back ? => IF Virtua Fighter characters really MUST return because Tecmo can't do a DOA 6 game without them, I'd keep only Akira and Sarah as they seem the most "iconic" characters of the series in my own humble opinion... :)

I just wanna make my own suggestions here.

Possible guest characters

Street Fighter: Alex and Sakura. (Ryu's overdone, and we've learned from Sarah and Rig how irritating kicking characters can be, so I'm reluctant to suggest Chun Li or Elena, my sub. So Instead I suggest my Main, and a ryu-like character who is also a cute girl i'm sure DOA would love to use.)

Tekken: Bryan Fury and Asuka.

Soul Calibur: Spawn and Voldo.

King of Fighters: Vice and either Clark or Terry. Id prefer Clark, Blue Mary, Shermie, or Vanessa, but Terry is popular. I'd rather not have ANOTHER ninja, so I'd prefer no mai.

- Blazblue: Makoto Nanaya and Ragna

- Guilty Gear: I-No and Slayer.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Guest characters for DOA6? Some of them would have to be stripped down from using projectiles and weapons though but I prefer either of these:

Tekken:
- Anna Williams (Possible interactions - Zack, Christie)
- Miguel Caballero Rojo (Possible interaction - Rig, Leon)

Street Fighter:
- Poison (Possible interactions - Ein, Mila)
- Cody Travers (Possible interaction - Brad, Tina)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD