Which character from DOA5 do you miss the most?

Which character from DOA5 do you miss the most?

• Akira Yuki

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Ein

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Gen Fu

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Jacky Bryant

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Leon

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Momiji

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Naotora Ii

• Pai Chan

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Rachel

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Sarah Bryant

• Total voters

Cerberux

I’ve always been a fan of characters who tend to favor kicks, even if it’s just for the aesthetics of their style, so Naotora was sorely missed. Only character that comes close to those kicks is Rig IMO.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Momiji has a great aesthetic but Rachel had my favourite playstyle. I know we will see both return one day.. 6U? so I vote genfu we are missing an integral day 1 fighter I often overlooked him but he has always been there

Reactions: YEH

KwonJigglypuff

I tried to create a story (6 small scenes) for Leon on Twitter. This is not a petition (come on, not AGAAAAIN).

Instead, I was thinking we could write some stuff ourselves just to show Leon's story is not the problem. The problem is that TN is not even trying to promote this character or give him something relevant. I mean, whose attention is going to get caught by this lone wolf if he has NOTHING exciting to show to new players of the serie ? He is too niche.

This way, Leon can be back with in the future to fight his old rivals (Bayman, Zack, Jann Lee) and new ones (NiCO, Nyotengu, Christie, and that mysterious red-haired tomboy like omg who is that guuurl???).

UpSideDownGRUNT

There's also several ways they can bring back Ein in the story...

1. The easiest way,just have Ein be Hayate's civilian persona. EIN doesn't have to be Amnesiac or something he's literally just Hayate's in street clothes using karate.

2. Project Epsilon.

Like how do they not think of these?

Ninoasker

1. The easiest way,just have Ein be Hayate's civilian persona. EIN doesn't have to be Amnesiac or something he's literally just Hayate's in street clothes using karate.

2. Project Epsilon.

I’ve thought about the 1st one a lot. I honestly don’t see how this ain’t a thing tbfh, we have Lisa doing basically the same with her luchadora and scientist selves, or even Bass and Mr. Strong lol

Reactions: YEH

P2p1mbs

2. Project Epsilon.

There is no real reason for "Ein" to return to the story (especially due to what Lisa did to Hayate in 6), they brought Ein back for previous games with no story involvement (he even had a tag intro and victory pose with himself in 5 ultimate). As before, he, like Gen Fu, Leon, Momiji, and Rachel are all likely to return as either DLC or in the rerelease.

UpSideDownGRUNT

There is no real reason for "Ein" to return to the story (especially due to what Lisa did to Hayate in 6), they brought Ein back for previous games with no story involvement (he even had a tag intro and victory pose with himself in 5 ultimate). As before, he, like Gen Fu, Leon, Momiji, and Rachel are all likely to return as either DLC or in the rerelease.
You completely missed the point of my post.

I mean story is no real reason for why Ein should be removed from the game, simply because Hayate is a ninja. Ein can literally be Hayate just using karate.

The second option is just to throw out there the possibility of a Hayate clone.

P2p1mbs

Ein can literally be Hayate just using karate.

Seeing what they did with Eliot getting a stance where he uses Gen Fu's moves, I can imagine they could probably do the same with Hayate (especially since he has had some of Ein's moves since he first became playable), but they didn't do that though.

The second option is just to throw out there the possibility of a Hayate clone.

In universe, Epsilon was considered a failure they moved on to cloning Kasumi instead.

PJudge

I tried to create a story (6 small scenes) for Leon on Twitter. This is not a petition (come on, not AGAAAAIN).

Instead, I was thinking we could write some stuff ourselves just to show Leon's story is not the problem. The problem is that TN is not even trying to promote this character or give him something relevant. I mean, whose attention is going to get caught by this lone wolf if he has NOTHING exciting to show to new players of the serie ? He is too niche.

This way, Leon can be back with in the future to fight his old rivals (Bayman, Zack, Jann Lee) and new ones (NiCO, Nyotengu, Christie, and that mysterious red-haired tomboy like omg who is that guuurl???).

I was actually thinking that M.I.S.T would be the way to include him in the story again. NiCo could literally just revive Lauren as a way to blackmail Leon into doing what she wants, or misdirect him or something - either way I agree, it's not his story that's the problem.

But also imagine Honoka learning the arm grenade...

RayBellion

I miss all the characters, maybe with the exception of Akira (funnily enough, after 60 votes he was the only character with not a single voter routing for him). Aesthetically-wise my wishlist is headed by Rachel and Momiji, they're beautiful to watch.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
One thing I think we can all agree on after being subjected to 6's story mode and the way that a few of these "Story Important" characters were portrayed: There was no excuse for Leon not making a story return, and there was no reason for TN to not give Rachel and Momiji to DOA full time. If they can make Tengu part of the story (And they portrayed her perfectly I might add) Rachel and Momiji should have been an absolute breeze. They already have the groundwork for them from NG. Like. Damn.

I love this game and this franchise but they can't hide behind the "Not relevant to the story" or "Guest character" lines with the Story Mode being the way it is lol It's kind of shitting the bed to be honest.

NightAntilli

Definitely Momiji. I used her quite a bit and liked her play style.

I wouldn't pick any of the guest characters, simply because I prefer we get an actual Virtua Fighter game rather than their characters in DOA.

Dr PaC

I miss all the characters, maybe with the exception of Akira (funnily enough, after 60 votes he was the only character with not a single voter routing for him). Aesthetically-wise my wishlist is headed by Rachel and Momiji, they're beautiful to watch.
I both laughed and felt depressed about the Akira comment, lol.

Last edited:

KnacKrover

:leon: This guy... since he need to be new story instead stuck in the past with unexplain relationship if he and Lauren are already lover, still I would prefer to see Leon gets interact with Bayman as if he might find to convincing Bayman... Is he going to open mind to his rival?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
@KasumiLover I see you are an individual of culture. Crowd chants for the character is still the biggest along with Yun and Geese lol. Very smart choice from TN including him. You won't get characters with impacts like that very often. Listen to that crowd and then get back to me KEK.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
As much as I want Rachel, I am happy to see the support for Leon. It's hard to imagine this series without him and it's showing faster and faster. I love the Fu, but he's been implemented into Eliot's playstyle so well, I don't think I care if he returns for this entry. It would kind of feel like a wasted slot to me until I see other unique characters come in.

Anyone that thinks Bayman is Leon is a fucking moron.

PJudge

As much as I want Rachel, I am happy to see the support for Leon. It's hard to imagine this series without him and it's showing faster and faster. I love the Fu, but he's been implemented into Eliot's playstyle so well, I don't think I care if he returns for this entry. It would kind of feel like a wasted slot to me until I see other unique characters come in.

Anyone that thinks Bayman is Leon is a fucking moron.
I was thinking about this the other day to be fair, Eliot really has become the successor now and you can see it in the way Gen Fu's moves have incorporated - however I'd still want Gen back as well just because I'd be intrigued to see how Eliot's progression has affected Gen's playstyle.

I'm always going to lobby for Leon if he is absent, it boggles my mind that people can think he and Bayman are too similar. I just keep playing the game thinking how much insanity is going to come out of the treasure room on the pirate ship stage when Leon finally makes it back.

Cadaveri

Next 3 characters after Mai & Other KOF character should be Rachel, Momiji & Leon. Would be nice to see Ein back at some point as well (they got the character model ready anyway).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD