Which character from DOA5 do you miss the most?

Which character from DOA5 do you miss the most?

• Akira Yuki

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Ein

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Gen Fu

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Jacky Bryant

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Leon

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Momiji

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Naotora Ii

• Pai Chan

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Rachel

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Sarah Bryant

• Total voters

candynarwhal

I just unlocked Leon's character file in the DOA Encyclopedia:

NOMAD WARRIOR:
This man once had a woman whom he loved deeply - the proud young thief of the desert, Lauren, who died on its sands. "The man I love... is the strongest man in the world..." were her final words. In order to make these dying words of his lover the truth, he wanders the earth seeking out of mighty foes. He still has not found the end of his path.

Emphasis mine! Sadly, Gen Fu's profile hints at no such return... ("Now, all Gen Fu wants is to live out what remains of his life in peace.")

PJudge

NOMAD WARRIOR:
This man once had a woman whom he loved deeply - the proud young thief of the desert, Lauren, who died on its sands. "The man I love... is the strongest man in the world..." were her final words. In order to make these dying words of his lover the truth, he wanders the earth seeking out of mighty foes. He still has not found the end of his path.

Emphasis mine! Sadly, Gen Fu's profile hints at no such return... ("Now, all Gen Fu wants is to live out what remains of his life in peace.")
I didn't even think he'd have an entry in the Encyclopedia until he was released! Hopefully it's not too long a wait for his return then.

I still feel like we're likely to get everyone back eventually though, I have a feeling we'll see the ol' Fu again.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Momiji and Rachel, the rest I don’t give a fuck about. They were great additions to the series and overall had good gameplay. I will be very happy when they return.

KwonJigglypuff

Bear stance is genius and gives Eliot a new dynamic (I love the taunt as well). Eliot has never felt so cool!

If Gen Fu was to come back (hopefully), I would like him to have more acrobatic wushu-likes moves (without calling him Ip Man and risking controversy). Eliot would focus on his iron fist and his closed-range Bear Stance, while Gen Fu would be the Yoda of DOA! An old fart with incredible gymnastics. That'd certainly make him more popular/less boring for certain people..

wushu_jumps_aerial_twist_tutorial.gif
wushu_jumps_flying_frontkick_instruction_TKFJ.gif
wushu_kicks_side_stretchkick.gif
wushu_traditional_ditangquan_spin_up.gif
wushu_kicks_sidekick.gif
wushu_stances.gif
wushu_traditional_ditangquan_front_flip_landing_on_the_stomach.gif
wushu_longfist_smash_punch_instruction.gif
wushu_jumps_whirlwind_kick_tornado_720_XFJ.gif
wushu_kicks_front_sweep.gif
wushu_jumps_butterfly_twist_how_to_learn_XZZT.gif
wushu_jumps_lotus_kick_standing_lotuskick_tutorial.gif

Zeo

@UpSideDownGRUNT The thing about "Ein" is that... while I love the character, at the end of the day it doesn't have to be "EIN" in order to satisfy his fans. Sure you could just have Ein be Hayate's alter persona. You could even say they "cloned" him successfully and Ein is running around somewhere but why even bother with that? Eventually his relevance is going to run out at one point or another. Just like how Phase-4 has no actual reason to return in DOA7.

How do we remedy this? We create a *NEW* character with the Ein style. Say... Hitomi's father had a #2 at the Dojo who was always jealous of her and decides to enter the tourney to prove that he's a better karate practitioner and she was just favored by her father. Or perhaps Hitomi had a younger brother who followed in her footsteps and decided to enter the tournament as well. This new character could have Ein's exact moveset, but with nuances and changes worthy of a new character. Kind of like Helena's transitions in 3>4 or 4>5. This gives us something fresh while also cementing Ein's moveset in the roster permanently.

You might think this kind of thing would be filler, but I want you to think about Tekken. Jun > Asuka, Michelle > Julia, things like that.

I love Ein, he's my favorite character. But from a gameplay standpoint I main his style. If we could get a character with that style that didn't make me want to barf, I'd be satisfied. Spartan's moveset couldn't be carbon copied for obvious reasons, so we got Rachel. Ein has no such barrier.

Ninoasker

NOMAD WARRIOR:

F48992CB-C65F-47BE-A729-A9EA45427E4B.jpeg

candynarwhal

I didn't even think he'd have an entry in the Encyclopedia until he was released! Hopefully it's not too long a wait for his return then.
To be fair, Bankotsubo, Genra, Kasumi α, Alpha-152 and Irene have files too, complete with taglines as if they were fighters in the game.

In Alpha-152's profile, it states that she was slain by a Kasumi α clone - but it's uncertain which one. I doubt Kasumi α will ever come back, though, if for no other reason than the fact that clone was killed by Ryu and Ayane.

Irene's profile clarifies that her role is "purely to provide support to Ryu Hayabusa", which was also the motivation for her not being playable in Dimensions, if I recall.

There's two character files I haven't unlocked yet, but I'm guessing those will be for Donovan and Miyako, maybe?

P2p1mbs

NOMAD WARRIOR:

I honestly think you may be reading too much into that; if TN felt like his story wasn't concluded, he would have returned to the story long ago. He DID NOT.

TN clearly doesn't care for him enough to bring him back to the story. He WILL return as a playable character along with Gen Fu and Ein but he was and will remain a low priority character.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

NOMAD WARRIOR:

Are we sure they’re not talking about Lisa when they said “were her final words”??

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD