Who makes the cut in DOA 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining_Wave

20181230_202454.png

Shinjuku

I used Alpha because she was an absolute beast and fun to play... Not because she was easy. Love Team NINJA's bosses. Try Tengu in DOA4 for another fun one, or Raidou in DOA1.

Hoping that Alpha will come back isn't a good idea because it won't happen. The biggest hope one can have is that Phase 4 will inherit some moves that I just loved.

Phase 4 has room for some of Alpha's offensive holds. Was a big fan of break and rush.

A lot of people tried mirroring me over the years with Alpha with the "I can do this too" attitude and they got fucking destroyed. It is easy to win a quick game with her, but there is a clear skill level with the character like any other character.

The only Alpha mirror I remember losing was nightpup. Murdered the rest... Hollow included, but he's a lot better now so maybe that's changed.

I'm definitely going to miss Alpha for sure, gonna steer a little off topic but I sometimes wish that I bothered to main Alpha instead of Kasumi or at least got very very good with her. It'd be awesome to see some of your gameplay I've just never personally seen a beastly Alpha player. All I ever saw in lobbies were Ryu's, Christies, Gen Fu's and the rest of the top tiered boring characters. Btw do you know why the devs changed this move of hers?

jellypvdding

good news errbody. the latest trailer says there's gonna be: "the intense fights of over 24 characters"

and with 25 hefers in total at this point, including phase 4 and nyotengu, that piece of text is just the right amount of vague for us to continue speculating who(plural) they may be planning on sneaking in for launch thanks to the delay. we're only missing 5 characters from previous doas that were in doa5 and there hasn't been any news on guest characters this era yet. y'all better not act a fool and get this thread locked before the end of march tho, my petty booty still has a friendly bone to pick with 3 certain individuals (y'all know who you are) on my comment last year in regards to the doa5 status of ninja gaiden rap duo, puff rachel & notorious mo.mi.ji. haha. :p

Cadaveri

Kinda sad that we are going to get almost identical dlc characters that we got on DOA5 vanilla to DOA 5: Ultimate.

I can already see It happening again, with DOA6: Ultimate (or what ever they are going to call it) we will get Tag, Team Battle(which was suddently cut???), Rachel, Momiji, Ein, Leon & most likely Gen Fu..

Zzz :D

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
good news errbody. the latest trailer says there's gonna be: "the intense fights of over 24 characters"

and with 25 hefers in total at this point, including phase 4 and nyotengu, that piece of text is just the right amount of vague for us to continue speculating who(plural) they may be planning on sneaking in for launch thanks to the delay. we're only missing 5 characters from previous doas that were in doa5 and there hasn't been any news on guest characters this era yet. y'all better not act a fool and get this thread locked before the end of march tho, my petty booty still has a friendly bone to pick with 3 certain individuals (y'all know who you are) on my comment last year in regards to the doa5 status of ninja gaiden rap duo, puff rachel & notorious mo.mi.ji. haha. :p
The last person we're getting for sure is Raidou since he was confirmed with that character pin thing on Twitter but I'm still content Rachel and Momiji will come as DLC. Gen I don't think is returning since Eliot has his moves and even his sit down taunt so we'll probably get Leon after that followed by one or 2 new additional characters by the end of a season if they plan on doing season passes xD

jellypvdding

Kinda sad that we are going to get almost identical dlc characters that we got on DOA5 vanilla to DOA 5: Ultimate.

I can already see It happening again, with DOA6: Ultimate (or what ever they are going to call it) we will get Tag, Team Battle(which was suddently cut???), Rachel, Momiji, Ein, Leon & most likely Gen Fu..

Zzz :D
the Zzz at the end had me screeeaming! i stan. haha. cadaveri making it clear he isn't about that DOA6: DEJA VU edition life. no sir, no ma'am, no ham, no pam. :p

The last person we're getting for sure is Raidou since he was confirmed with that character pin thing on Twitter but I'm still content Rachel and Momiji will come as DLC. Gen I don't think is returning since Eliot has his moves and even his sit down taunt so we'll probably get Leon after that followed by one or 2 new additional characters by the end of a season if they plan on doing season passes xD
to think we almost forgot about the real villain of doa5, the infamous season pass...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
the Zzz at the end had me screeeaming! i stan. haha. cadaveri making it clear he isn't about that DOA6: DEJA VU edition life. no sir, no ma'am, no ham, no pam. :p

to think we almost forgot about the real villain of doa5, the infamous season pass...
Lol I like them tho xD as long as they have stuff for everyone and don't exclude set characters from packs like in 5U and LR I'll be good :-D

Cadaveri

Lol I like them tho xD as long as they have stuff for everyone and don't exclude set characters from packs like in 5U and LR I'll be good :-D

Well ye, most of those choices would be ideal don't get me wrong.. I'll end up buying them AGAIN o_O

Dr PaC

Profound sadness at Raidou’s inclusion. I never liked him. Can we just have Genra back instead

jellypvdding

Profound sadness at Raidou’s inclusion. I never liked him. Can we just have Genra back instead
haha. dr pac's survey says: raidon't. :p
could genra comeback though? all the other bosses were playable in their own game except for him... was there something wrong with his moveset in doa3?

*hitomi's "hmm..." sfx*

Raidou pin
awright so with this we know the evil toaster is gon be getting in everyone's diaries again cos he wants dem secrets. haha. also, mercury must be in retrograde for the mugen tenshin clan cos kasumi been cloned, hayate been brainwashed, ayane been possessed and raidou been turned into a robot. keeping up with the mugen tenshins™.

anyway so we at 26 hefers in total now like it was mentioned/predicted earlier in the thread. guess there's gonna be a reveal trailer for the raidou 6000 at some point too. think it was said before but we didn't really get a new boss in 5, technically it's phase 4, the perfect alpha but... she didn't really come across that way. i don't know. here's hoping for a new boss character to fight at the end of story mode.

TOBMAST3R

I wonder again - what's the point of mentioning, that there are "over 24 characters"? I mean - if there are 26 (with Raidou), it is only 2 more characters. I still believe, that Raidou is not the end. I guess, that there is something lurking.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I wonder again - what's the point of mentioning, that there are "over 24 characters"? I mean - if there are 26 (with Raidou), it is only 2 more characters. I still believe, that Raidou is not the end. I guess, that there is something lurking.

Because 26 is technically over 24 :p. I'm take a guess that Raidou will be an unlockable character of some sort? Will definitely prefer him over the waste of space that ALPHA was.

jellypvdding

Because 26 is technically over 24 :p. I'm take a guess that Raidou will be an unlockable character of some sort? Will definitely prefer him over the waste of space that ALPHA was.

it seems like an advertising thing. like when a fancy clothing store puts a '50% percent off sale' banner at the storefront but when you go inside there's only a rack of cute clothes that apply to the price cut BUT their from last season while the current/new fashion on display is still expensive. it's to lure us in.

at this point it can be interpreted as a hint that we'll get more characters eventually... but that's only the prerogative of the person reading it to feel that way. haha. cos technically, if you don't go deluxe or preorder, you only get 23 (i think). if you got the kasumi coins ready to get p4 AND nyo that makes 25. (raidou's 99.9% in (making 26) but we don't know if he's free or what) so if i'm not speaking a mess and they run with this technicality: the trailer is just pointing out that that game (as a whole) 'features' the fights of over 24 but they never said that's what you as a customer will be getting with your respective purchase in march. ;)

(i'm team: it means we're getting more characters eventually)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
it seems like an advertising thing. like when a fancy clothing store puts a '50% percent off sale' banner at the storefront but when you go inside there's only a rack of cute clothes that apply to the price cut BUT their from last season while the current/new fashion on display is still expensive. it's to lure us in.
)

It's to advertise that they gave us over 24 characters in 3D. People asked for quality to the story, and part of adding to that is not giving players the board game and children's picture book as the main story they paid for.

jellypvdding

It's to advertise that they gave us over 24 characters in 3D. People asked for quality to the story, and part of adding to that is not giving players the board game and children's picture book as the main story they paid for.
periodt. :)

The roster is complete now, there’s no need to speculate for who will make the roster of 6 at launch.
i knooow and it's kinda implied by masterhavik at the start of the thread too but technically they didn't say the cut off for speculation was launch. and besides doa5 kept adding people til lr right? also there's folk on these mean fsd streets carrying a torch for their missing mains, do you really want the weight of crushing their hopes and dreams on your shoulders...?

:p i'm just grasping at straws.

tbqh i just want the thread open til march cos we were advised by projectbokuho to quit bitching about the details of something trivial but relevantly adjacent to the topic. and our good sir was right, it wasn't that deep which is great for me cos i'm a shallow bitch, splish-splash puddle bitch, mess-xine been in the waters reclaim her time petty bitch. you understand? ;)

no? basically the launch in march will mark who is in 6, *officially*, til a highly likely update creeps around. we'll prolly get a tweet from the doatec account confirming the launch cast before then if people bug them about it enough tho, haha. whatever comes first, it will be an opportunity to gain clarity on that trivial situation, i.e., on launch day/week/month/year we'll know what role certain currently outstanding characters were serving for the duration of 5.

on another note, i think the site moderator mentioned it a few pages ago but, you can unfollow a thread to prevent alerts from it appearing in your notification feed. :)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
this thread is called “who makes the cut in DOA6?” though, implying who of 5 will make it in the sequel. I think the question of the thread got answered by now. This turning into a speculation thread seems unnecessary and quite dumb. It sucks for the people who’s main didn’t make it in but that’s something they have to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD