Who will be cut in DOA6?

Number 13

Have a feeling that if Hayate took the rest of Ein moves and becomes a stance centric character he would somehow end up worse with TN balance. They are not gonna give him all those tools and let him walk away unscathed realistically.

Even if he avoids that I probably won't play this Ein/Hayate fusion since I despise stance heavy characters in general.

Nyte

Who's getting cut in DOA6? I'll list the most likely candidates:

1. The VF Fighters - Guest characters, likely to be cut and replaced with different guest characters.
  2. Alpha-152 - Finally killed off and has an effective replacement. Literally no reason to be in the next game.
  3. Momiji and Rachel - Yes they're girls, but they have no part in the story nor do they fit in with the universe. They could come back in enhanced versions, though.
  4. Ein - He's just Hayate using karate, and Hitomi already covers that. He seems like an artifact that's kept around, but he has no reason to exist unless they can incorporate him again.
  5. Naotora Ii - Guest made to promote another game. Has no reason to stick around.
  6. Mai Shiranui - Guest for promotional purposes, nothing going for her.
  7. Honoka - Unless they develop her style further so it isn't a mish-mash of other characters, she has no reason to be here.
I'm on the fence with Raidou. I see the story and gameplay potential, but can he become a regular fighter? Only time will tell.

Also, what is this I'm hearing about ditching all the male characters replacing them with females? DOA may be centric around the female fighters, but they still need male fighters. Not everyone who plays DOA plays as female characters all the time, despite what some people seem to believe.

Dark-truth

Who's getting cut in DOA6? I'll list the most likely candidates:

1. The VF Fighters - Guest characters, likely to be cut and replaced with different guest characters.
  2. Alpha-152 - Finally killed off and has an effective replacement. Literally no reason to be in the next game.
  3. Momiji and Rachel - Yes they're girls, but they have no part in the story nor do they fit in with the universe. They could come back in enhanced versions, though.
  4. Ein - He's just Hayate using karate, and Hitomi already covers that. He seems like an artifact that's kept around, but he has no reason to exist unless they can incorporate him again.
  5. Naotora Ii - Guest made to promote another game. Has no reason to stick around.
  6. Mai Shiranui - Guest for promotional purposes, nothing going for her.
  7. Honoka - Unless they develop her style further so it isn't a mish-mash of other characters, she has no reason to be here.
I'm on the fence with Raidou. I see the story and gameplay potential, but can he become a regular fighter? Only time will tell.

Also, what is this I'm hearing about ditching all the male characters replacing them with females? DOA may be centric around the female fighters, but they still need male fighters. Not everyone who plays DOA plays as female characters all the time, despite what some people seem to believe.
I have to disagree on a few things with you here,
1. Momiji and Rachel are officially a part of the DOA roster and game since TN stated that ( I think) they weren't included In the story of 5 since they got added in 5U which was basically an upgraded version of 5, but I see them being a part of DOA6 though since they're Hayabusa's friends and will help him out during the story of DOA6.

2. Honoka is way too popular to ever be removed from the game, she and Marie rose are more loved than kasumi and ayane, they will most likely steal the spotlight from them. Also, she has a mysterious background and is related to Raidou who pretty much made the DOA story happen, I highly doubt that Raidou the original villain of the game will not play a big part in the next game's story. Many people don't like using him but he is important story wise.

With the rest I pretty much agree, the guest characters are leaving, alpha will not join DOA6 either since she died in the story of 5, Ein and Leon got added because the fans wanted them in the game. If you remove all the guests alpha Leon and ein you'll have 27 characters and I think that'll be the character number for DOA6

Last edited:

Sotherius

Yes they're girls, but they have no part in the story nor do they fit in with the universe. They could come back in enhanced versions, though.
Not only they fit in the universe, THEY ARE part of the universe. They are not guest characters.

And i still believe that Honoka and Marie Rose are going to be major plot points in the future.

Honoka having raidou's powers, meaning that she is either his daughter or she is anoter experiment of Donovan.

she and Marie rose are more loved than kasumi and ayane
True or not, Kasumi is still the main character of the series, and the plot is too heavily around her still. The same for the other main ninjas.

Dark-truth

Not only they fit in the universe, THEY ARE part of the universe. They are not guest characters.

And i still believe that Honoka and Marie Rose are going to be major plot points in the future.

Honoka having raidou's powers, meaning that she is either his daughter or she is anoter experiment of Donovan.

True or not, Kasumi is still the main character of the series, and the plot is too heavily around her still. The same for the other main ninjas.
I'm glad about that, my princess kasumi will always thrive.

Number 13

99% sure Honoka is safe for starting roster. If anything the debut trailer for DoA 6 will be Marie Rose vs Honoka based on the current direction of the series as opposed to Hayabusa vs Hayate back in the DoA 5 vanilla debut trailer. Wow talk about a 180 haha

I can see characters like Gen Fu being phased out though. They barely promoted him at all before DoA 5 game release, barely appeared in the story, and seemed intent to have Eliot replace him. Like Leon even though he still exists they don't what the hell to do with him + not very high in the player demand food chain.

raika-snow

> all guest characters are gonna be gone, and there's a likely chance of new guest characters.
> honoka's gimmick is kind of a one-game deal, so she's probably gone unless they can give her a better story than "oh i'm a high schooler who likes stealing moves :honoka:" along with a more diverse moveset with her own unique strikes to warrant her being a separate character.
> brace yourselves for kasumi number five.
> gen fu and eliot will both likely be their own characters, given they're very different playstyles.
> raidou will probably stay because, well, he was kinda brought back to life, and it'd be nonsensical to write him out just yet.
>
if the rumors are true, and lisa's dead, she's obviously not coming back.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Honoka also even though I don't play them.

Lol, Freudian slip?

tumblr_o3mwicPYl71tj6fuvo3_500.gif

Nyte

Basically, aside from the characters I mentioned, everyone stays. They could theoretically do a time skip where the iconic characters are replaced with "Jr." versions of them, but... that didn't work out so well for SCV. Sometimes it's best to stick to the status quo, because that's what pleases the audience. I say this because I saw other people suggest that, which I'm highly against.

Nuke-Nin

Basically, aside from the characters I mentioned, everyone stays. They could theoretically do a time skip where the iconic characters are replaced with "Jr." versions of them, but... that didn't work out so well for SCV. Sometimes it's best to stick to the status quo, because that's what pleases the audience. I say this because I saw other people suggest that, which I'm highly against.
It didn't but what DID work for SCV was introducing completely new characters. Viola and SWEI were amazing! and DoA could benefit from that. What we need is new ethnic backgrounds implemented and more focus being put on the men to balance it out. Importantly more variation in the fighting styles. There are like a handful of styles. Ninja, Martial Arts, Boxing, and Mokujin (aka salad girl and robo-dad). *New places visited would definitely be noice!*

Nyte

Exactly. People like new characters, but not when they're replacing the ones they already like. I just seen it suggested that DOA do something like that, which just would not work out well for the series.

LarsMasters

*Lisa will be unfoughtable like how Gen Fu is unfoughtable in Story Mode only.
*Alpha-152 should be return, but as a mass produced, instead of original since its dead.
*Phase 4 only as unlockable costume for her new identity, appearance & fighting style, which is completely different than Kasumi
*Ein is one with Hayate, with some fist related moves & all intro & victory poses retained. Look at Lisa & Bass for example

The rest remained playable/foughtable

Tyaren

Standard Donor
*Lisa will be unfoughtable like how Gen Fu is unfoughtable in Story Mode only.
*Alpha-152 should be return, but as a mass produced, instead of original since its dead.
*Phase 4 only as unlockable costume for her new identity, appearance & fighting style, which is completely different than Kasumi

*Ein is one with Hayate, with some fist related moves & all intro & victory poses retained. Look at Lisa & Bass for example

The rest remained playable/foughtable

Why should the old boss return but the new one shouldn't? Doesn't make much sense to me. Pretty sure Phase 4 will be the boss or one of the bosses in DOA6.

Chapstick

I think 6's story mode is going to have 3 or 4 bosses. Phase 4 as the first boss, after being shown mercy by Kasumi she switches sides. Nyotengu because she's a troll. Raidou because obvious reasons. Then maybe Donovan if they decide to finally put him in.

In any case Phase Nyo and Raidou aren't going anywhere. Honoka's definitely not going anywhere since she's TN's new cash cow after Marie.

Lorenzo Buti

I'm gonna have to guess Lisa Hamilton isn't going to make it in Dead or Alive 6. At the end of the DOA 5 Storyline Chapter, Ryu Hayabusa throws a Ninpo at the Alpha causing a double impact leaving Lisa Hamilton trapped inside the lab as debris falls on the doorway and then the lab Lisa's in explodes. I mean, no one can ever survive an explosion, NO ONE!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD