XBOX Now Offers You the Most Complete DOA Experience

If you own one of the many versions of XBOX ONE you now have complete access to Dead or Alive 1-6 in one official place. This information was leaked sometime last week and was made official yesterday at the 20th Anniversary celebration of XBOX. The hype is all over the Internet, and this is not new information, but allow us to throw in a few more details that could pique your interest further and possibly garner your attention to join the "XBOX family."

For your convenience the prices will be listed for all of the "new" backwards compatible games, but if you still have all of your Dead or Alive games from the past you don't need to pay a dime as you can simply put in the original discs and boom, you are in the club, and you are ready to go. You will be prompted to install the game off the disc and it's yours forever and playable with the click of a button.

To think that people are raving over this and wanted it for years, but yet Sony turned their back on this idea and said "we want to make new games" which is hardly what we have seen with PS5. If you wanted to do this on Playstation you would need to have three or four consoles hooked up to your television (and you still wouldn't have Ultimate, 3 or 4 at all). In other words: this is a big deal for the DOA community.

Dead or Alive 1: Ultimate is priced on the marketplace at a reasonable 10 USD and the game is now at a 4K resolution for the very first time in its official form. This not only preserves this underrated game, but in the absolute best way possible. Sadly the game is no longer available online, because the original XBOX Live servers no longer work. Raidou will dominate you in 4K, you can play with your friends locally or maybe even have a little money match at your next offline tournament to see who the best old-school player really is. My personal recommendation: if you don't own it - buy it. DOA1 is a fantastic game that was tragically buried and over-shadowed by Tekken 3 back in the day.

Dead or Alive 2: Ultimate is priced slightly higher at 15 USD and has been a fan-favorite for years and probably will be for years to come thanks to the 4K update. There is not a lot that needs to be said here as your eyeballs will identify quickly that other fighting games have never looked this good. The seamless environments, the gorgeous lighting and character models will make you say "wow." Once again there is no online with this game, but when there is a will there is a way. If you hated the groggy XBOX 360 experience back in the day, do not worry, your cut scenes will look beautiful and the game runs like a dream.

Recently Matt Ponton dominated a Dead or Alive 2 tournament via PC emulation. A great amount of people have shown interest with DOA tournaments for the older entries, and with XBOX it might be more convenient than it ever has been before to get something like this started for offline events. If you are playing a DOA game offline or online in a competitive format it will be covered in someway at Free Step Dodge.

Dead or Alive 3 was a day one game on the original XBOX also priced at 15 USD from the XBOX Live Marketplace. The WONDERFUL news here is that you can put your original 3.1 or 3.2 disc into your XBOX Series X AND PLAY IT. Some of you collectors out there might be playing your awesome game for THE VERY FIRST TIME! So please do enjoy. This is widely considered by Dead or Alive veterans as one of the best fighters of all time as there were tweaks and updates done later on that the American release NEVER received since the American version came out first. We're being told by a few people that you can also set your console region to get the better version, but more verification is needed on that as everyone on the FSD team owns a 3.1 disc. The costume booster pack appears installed by default regardless of the version you install.

Dead or Alive 4 is priced at 20 USD and in my opinion it should probably be priced at 15, but if you don't own it and you want it now I guess 20 isn't the worst. This is the only game that has not been upscaled, but it is naturally a better looking game on Series X. As Emery Reigns pointed out the game has a TON of lobbies going right now so this release has made it available to more people, and if you didn't know Dead or Alive 4 is the longest running online console fighting game of ALL TIME at nearly 16 years. DOA is just breaking records isn't it?

In a time of no news it's great to see Dead or Alive making some headlines again. We hope you enjoy these titles and if you have any exciting discoveries or some great pictures please post them in the comments or share them elsewhere at Free Step Dodge! Waaaaattttaaaaaaaa! I'm about to go play me some 3.1.

Last edited:
This is genuinely the best DOA news in a long while and I'm not exaggerating when I say this has 100% revitalised my interest in DOA as a whole, playing DOA3 and 2U on my Series S is a dream come true and I'm so glad these absolute gems got revitalised and not left in the dust forever.

This is one of the craziest DOA news I ever read. Old school competitive DOA players will tell you how bad DOA 4 is when it comes to risk/rewards with a straight face but wouldn't mind playing it. Then you see everybody getting hype revisiting DOA3 and DOA2.

There's something special about the classic DOA games and I don't think its because of the impeccable art style and nostalgia.

Tomonobu Itagaki and his team's legacy lives on forever......

You must have a hard time against Rose and Honoka...
Whats the reason for this ridiculous assumption? Is it because I dislike these characters? 9 out of 10 of these Honoka and Marie players suck and only know how to play dress up with them.

Whats the reason for this ridiculous assumption? Is it because I dislike these characters? 9 out of 10 of these Honoka and Marie players suck and only know how to play dress up with them.
Well you seem to have a strong dislike for the characters...especially being happy and mentioning them not being included into a game WAY before their time.

So, who is your main character and or characters?

Well you seem to have a strong dislike for the characters...especially being happy and mentioning them not being included into a game WAY before their time.

So, who is your main character and or characters?
I do have a strong dislike for both of them, but not for not being to be able to beat them. I dislike them because they’re poor additions to the series overall and we were better off without them. I main Kasumi & Leifang.

I don't remember having a hard time against MR or Honoka when/if I come across them online (I swear, almost every Honoka I faced does 2KKK on me even though I'm using Tina, easy counter), though on occasion someone with some skills uses them and gives me a rough time, I can admit, but not any more than most other characters.

But seeing them just puts me in a bad mood, lol. It makes DOA feel less like the DOA I felt I knew up until they got put in. They're like a physical representation of Koei Tecmo's blind greed and all the mistakes they started to make with DOA going forward. And man, their voices alone... eh, that's enough, I'll leave it there, lol.

Last edited:
Didn't realize this was the complaining thread xD Honoka and Marie aren't going anywhere especially since they're popular so I say just suck it up, I personally just don't like most of their fans since they got the 6 story gassing them up like they're the best characters just because they got more(comical) screentime than the ninjas did, plus they're not all that design wise. But then again TN hasn't really put out any good new female characters besides maybe Tamaki and Fiona in VV and Nico is better imo than Marie and Honoka. But they're more popular in Japan so luckily you won't see many western players use them

Didn't realize this was the complaining thread xD Honoka and Marie aren't going anywhere especially since they're popular so I say just suck it up

The convo just went in this direction because Onryoki pointed out that it's refreshing to play the older games and not see them there, which is true. DOA4 is perfect enough for me in terms or roster and most things, I just wish TN had made it as competitively good as DOA3 was at least.

Yeah they're not going anywhere now, too late to get rid of them I guess. But at least when it comes to the fighting end of DOA they could be treated with less importance if someone actually competent and passionate enough about DOA is in charge of calling the shots (I don't just mean when it comes to TN and who's directing/writing but the production side of KT). I guess it's too much to ask that they go the way of Ein, but they could at least make most of the characters have equal importance.

As for new female additions, I like Mila and Nyotengu. I'll admit Tamaki turned out better than I thought, though.

I do have a strong dislike for both of them, but not for not being to be able to beat them. I dislike them because they’re poor additions to the series overall and we were better off without them. I main Kasumi & Leifang.
Oh okay, gotcha...and yeah...Rose and Honoka in my opinion feel more like DOA4 characters than the slower paced DOA 5&6.

Anyway, appreciate the response.

The convo just went in this direction because Onryoki pointed out that it's refreshing to play the older games and not see them there, which is true. DOA4 is perfect enough for me in terms or roster and most things, I just wish TN had made it as competitively good as DOA3 was at least.

Yeah they're not going anywhere now, too late to get rid of them I guess. But at least when it comes to the fighting end of DOA they could be treated with less importance if someone actually competent and passionate enough about DOA is in charge of calling the shots (I don't just mean when it comes to TN and who's directing/writing but the production side of KT). I guess it's too much to ask that they go the way of Ein, but they could at least make most of the characters have equal importance.

As for new female additions, I like Mila and Nyotengu. I'll admit Tamaki turned out better than I thought, though.
Oh I don't care about him or what he said, I just mean in future games. I hope in future games their roles are lessened but Honoka I think will be a bigger character since she has ties to Ayane and Raidou who was thankfully killed, I never really liked them bringing him back since it's a slap in the face to Kasumi's original story of risking being exiled to avenge Hayate but the story hasn't been the same since dimensions. I think in 6 since this was their first real game appearance in the story they did them bigger than needed but that should be one time thing since Marie doesn't really have a role other than to look cute and cry xD Mila I like too but it's a bandwagon trait in the community to hate her since she's stronger than most characters, Nyo is good too but most of her fans ruin her character for me with how entitled they sometimes are

Damn, can’t even return to this forum without some people behaving like fans. Fan behaviour I swear. Claiming you don’t care about me, yet you are literally trying start shit for no reason. Are you that miserable and hurt, hun?
Oh okay, gotcha...and yeah...Rose and Honoka in my opinion feel more like DOA4 characters than the slower paced DOA 5&6.

Anyway, appreciate the response.
You’re welcome.

Last edited:
Damn, can’t even return to this forum without some people behaving like fans. Fan behaviour I swear. Claiming you don’t care about me, yet you are literally trying start shit for no reason. Are you that miserable and hurt, hun?

You’re welcome.
Yeah, negativity aside...it's great getting New DOA news. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the good news.

You’re welcome.
Says the guy who made a whole status about me, shading me and calling me a "bitch" and who always shades and insults other members like @DestructionBomb and @Kasumi-Phase-X and who's forever a toxic disgrace to their family and the community, and drop the lame slang, it's cringe like your new year shenanigans. You complain about everything so suck it up for once, I'm genuinely happy unlike you and don't need to clamber for attention.

Anyways, I'm happy that the game is BC since that gives me a reason to buy a current gen Xbox so I can play the game on something other than my ancient 360 xD Since Kasumi was such a different character back then I'm gonna continue working on an old unfinished Kasumi guide for her so more players can have an easy means to get into her since I miss how she used to play. Might also do Ein too since I used them both alot. I hope this means that the future for DOA is in good hands since older games being BC is good an all, but I want a new fresh game that fixes what DOA6 did wrong, looks aside DOA4 isn't a game I can see carrying the community interest forever when we want something new

Yep, it's unfortunate and it definitely seems that way.

hm I don't know, I see both sides of it. I think people who like the characters should, but I also think those who don't have a valid reason.

Personally, I like Marie Rose. I enjoy playing her competitively, she's very different, fun, and versatile. Team Ninja wanted to clearly cater to the Japanese audience and push sales. It paid off in DOA5, and I don't think people minded either characters. I think the arose when DOA6 story became centered around them. The DoA story from 1-4 (and arguably 5) was imo deep, dark, and actually interesting. Kasumi and the Mugen Tenshin were the main attraction for the longest. I do believe Marie Rose, and Honoka took away from that which completely changed the tone. I'm not sure TN is aware where they're going or what to do; I think DoA is having an identity crisis.

DOA6's story was just bad writing and I think many people blame Marie Rose and Honoka; they could have just stayed side characters. Like I said though, from a gameplay perspective, I find both interesting and held Marie Rose as a sub for a long time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD