Yosuke Hayashi-We’re preparing a big surprise for Dead or Alive 5 in the future.

QueenJakheiho

Still ridin the milktrain but who cant blame them, when the DLC sales justifies them.
I see it coming DOA6 will be released at the end of the PS4/X1 Gen and gets then another remastered/upgrade version for the PS5/Next Xbox.

Last edited:

Banana56

Do you guys think the butt physics from DOAX3 will be added to DOA5? I mean if costume burst and transforms can be made through dlc, then butt physics could be added too (or at least to a new female character who'll be made to test them the same way Honoka was made to test the soft engine).

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Do you guys think the butt physics from DOAX3 will be added to DOA6. I mean if costume burst and transforms can be made though dlc, then butt physics could be added too (or at least to a new female character who'll be made to test them the same way Honoka was made to test the soft engine).
I wouldn't be surprised if they patched it in DOA5 eventually, since they're working exclusively on next Gen consoles now, they have the resources and time to do that now.

Sotherius

I don't know, they would have to work with this in-engine, and it is probably easier to make a new game from scratch at this point.

Costume bursts and transforms were a nice thing, and surely difficult to implement, but they didn't mess with anything that was already there.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I don't know, they would have to work with this in-engine, and it is probably easier to make a new game from scratch at this point.

Costume bursts and transforms were a nice thing, and surely difficult to implement, but they didn't mess with anything that was already there.
Difficult? On current gen consoles I don't think it is really, more time consuming yeah because they have to make another outfit with ripped textures or a completely different one overall.

Sotherius

It isn't difficult at all. It is just a model swap from one frame to the other. That's been in a million games before.
Yeah, it is a model swap, mid stage, so if the game had some restriction about loading character models at the beginning of the fight, would be a bit difficult, but you are right. The point was, doing that, is ok, adding butt jiggle is another whole thing.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, it is a model swap, mid stage, so if the game had some restriction about loading character models at the beginning of the fight, would be a bit difficult, but you are right. The point was, doing that, is ok, adding butt jiggle is another whole thing.
It can be done even still. Tekken, Soul Calibur, and even SK have or have had thigh butt jiggle before, and it's noticeable. TN just has to realize that they don't move in everything you wear, like jeans and stuff.

Sotherius

It can be done even still. Tekken, Soul Calibur, and even SK have or have had thigh butt jiggle before, and it's noticeable. TN just has to realize that they don't move in everything you wear, like jeans and stuff.

Again, sorry if i wasn't clear. I mean adding butt jiggle to a game that is already done. Changing how this game works on this level is not worth the effort, if possible.

UpSideDownGRUNT

To add butt jiggle, they would have to implement DOA5 onto Soft Engine 2.0 that is the engine with butt jiggle.

And ladies & gents, that would require yet ANOTHER rehash, so if it all possible I'd rather it not be that. DOA6 you can definitely add butt jiggle to the cards.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Final Fantasy collaboration would be awesome... but I don't see it happening. I'm just at a point where I need something to refresh my DOA soul.

QueenJakheiho

The game is popular and TN making a lot money because of the beatiful girls and their assets.
Always was, always will be.

Nobody can tell me with ugly characters anyone would give the franchise a try.

The most stay because of the gameplay but its the first impression who counts if someone is interested.

Sotherius

Improved netcode would be the best thing, but at this point in the game lifecycle? Well, i know future updates are only for ps4 and onwards, but i would be glad to actually be able to play people online when i get a ps4.

I can't think of something that i would want honestly from DOA 5 besides improved netcode. Maybe just a new story mode, or a campaign, but that isn't a priority. At this point, TN in my opinion could just start getting what they earned with DOA 5 LR and start working on the next DOA main game, but since it is great news for DOA 5. Maybe a good prize for winners at some major tournament?

New costumes or stages are the most possible things, but those are expected, so it is not going to be a surprise.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD