Premium Donor
theres no one else tho. its literally
alpha
momiji
rachel
ein
leon
genfu

unless theyre planning 3 original characters ((which i am praying for.))

-a younger male
-a heavier female
-an old person (we have none now)
I know, what I mean is that popularity wise Momiji is gonna be in. I can't say for Rachel since yeah we know she's popular and such, but she's not as popular as Momiji is. If Momiji is added in I'm not gonna be surprised if Rachel is left out although I hope that won't happen since I like them both, but Momiji is relatively more popular than Rachel

And I don't think we'll get those xD maybe a younger male but no one wants to see some old character. Heavier female maybe weight wise but I can't really see anything besides a girl who's traits are considered popular in Japan atm

Why is everyone asking for a new original character when Shimbori already said there would only be one male (Diego) and one female (Not saying her name)? :/
Well I mean he said that for the base game, I won't be surprised if there is a new character in the season pass if they have one. Adding new characters as DLC is a pretty popular thing in FGs nowadays, and DOA would need to do that since besides those axed, we're fresh out of any returning fighters and we don't even know if we have a guest fighter or who it would be yet

Zeo

So after reading that interview, all the guys are out. That literally leaves Momiji and Rachel. Alpha no longer appears to have story relevance, but she could pop back up in the story through some sort of "rebirth" or whatever they decide to write in. So unfortunately it's very possible she could return if the roster choices are relative to story. If it's not her, we're getting either a guest character or another newbie as DLC. I'd be pretty open to the latter in terms of possibilities.

Ninoasker

Not sure if anyone posted this but the Kayane interview was posted shortly ago, I saw it on Matts Twitter:

Nothing really stuck out to me but I did find this bit about Ein interesting, and of course they talked esports and a F2P version and DLC:

K. : Ein has this personality and fighting style and I don’t think Hitomi has everything Ein had.

Y. S. : Well, when you’ll watch the story, you’ll see why Ein wouldn’t be there anymore and why Hayate’s there. It wouldn’t make sense from a stroyline perspective to have them both.​

K. : Maybe as DLC, then ?

Y. S. : Maybe ?​

The interview didn't really touch on anything I was hoping for since he's still very secretive about who would be added in but there should be gameplay dropping from her soon since she said she had some to share​
So he wanted Leon in but he still left him out AGAIN like in 5 even though he’s the only one out of the three not replaced by anyone and now he even implies he won’t even return for DLC? Talk about a trainwreck. I guess I should really learn to not get hyped over anything anymore.

SaihateDYNAMO

So he wanted Leon in but he still left him out AGAIN like in 5 even though he’s the only one out of the three not replaced by anyone and now he even implies he won’t even return for DLC? Talk about a trainwreck. I guess I should really learn to not get hyped over anything anymore.
Right like he could have made a pretty cool return in the story mode if they really wanted him to. It's not like he's dead

Zeo

Not really. Leon is a special case. Bayman wasn't in 2 originally, but Leon was, as if to replace him. Then both of them were in 3 and while Bayman's story relevance pursued, Leon's did not. Leon and Bayman are unique in that they are the only pair of characters where the original actually outlived the replacement.

Imagine if Hitomi decided to go home and run her dad's Dojo and then suddenly a Hayate clone popped up and called himself Ein and took her place on the roster. In terms of gameplay, it's literally no different than Bayman being there and Leon being absent. Quite interesting.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Not really. Leon is a special case. Bayman wasn't in 2 originally, but Leon was, as if to replace him. Then both of them were in 3 and while Bayman's story relevance pursued, Leon's did not. Leon and Bayman are unique in that they are the only pair of characters where the original actually outlived the replacement.

Imagine if Hitomi decided to go home and run her dad's Dojo and then suddenly a Hayate clone popped up and called himself Ein and took her place on the roster. In terms of gameplay, it's literally no different than Bayman being there and Leon being absent. Quite interesting.

This. People need to realize that Leon IS a clone of Bayman in terms of the fact he specifically replaced him in DOA2 and has a good chunk of his moveset combined with the fact that Leon's story literally ended at 3.
He legit has no reason to come back past his girlfriend having ties to Donovan or some insane nonsense like that.
Leon went to the DOA tournament because he honestly misread what she stated... that's literally his story. He has the lamest story in most Fighting games despite coming off as serious.

And I say that with no disrespect to Leon.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
He'll probably still be in later down the line tbh, I think he's intentionally using this secretive approach to confirming or denying things so that it won't seem blatant they'll return like how Harada did with T7. He knew people wanted Anna and all the rest of the legacy characters to return but he acted really dismissive and aloof as a way to make their reveals more surprising which I honestly thought was a good tactic xD

Brute

Standard Donor
Leon is not a clone of Bayman. He may have started that way, but in DOA5 all of his signature moves were unique/not shared by Bayman and he boasted one of the most idiosyncratic playstyles that wasn't shared by any other character, let alone Bayman. Frankly, he was more unique than over half the roster, and if you're picking characters based on "story" (which is a dumb idea), once again, over half the roster is pretty much useless in that respect anyway and are just awkwardly forced in. There is no way you can convince me that Leon has less story potential than Jann Lee.

Leon would've been a better pick than all your shitty waifus combined.

HHH816

leon is a technical character right, i can't think off a guest character to replace him. maybe

marduk from tekken
vanessa from vf

Onryoki

Standard Donor
After reading the interview, I understand why Shimbori decided to cut them. Ein is literally hayate with amnesia, Hayate regained his memory so Ein’s arc was already over. Ein is cool but letting an alter ego have a separate slot seems like a waste of a slot to me.
Leon’s arc is finished, Leon never had a good plot as to why he wanted to join the tournaments. His only reason was to prove his late wife he was the strongest man in the world, so he did. Leon was never set up to stick around.
Gen fu’s arc finished in 5, he said he would teach Eliot his style, hinting his departure would take place in the sequel. Some people find picking characters based on the story “stupid” while I think it’s very reasonable and logical. Why even come up with a story if you won’t follow it for the sake of gameplay? I understand where the people are coming from regarding Ein and Leon but this is just how the cookie crumbles and you all have to accept it and move on.

We won’t get DLC characters anytime soon, so all this speculation seems irrelevant. Shimbori never said anything about Alpha-152, Momiji and Rachel returning. So, how are you guys so certain they’ll return? That leaked image is going to be the roster at release, wether you like it, or not.
#DealWithIt #GetOverYourselves

For real. Even if his tournament story is done, he still has his connections to Bayman and Zack. Why not start a new arc in his story that follows his relationship with these two? Ugh...
Because as Shimbori stated “his fight is over”. Leon’s sole purpose was to prove to Lauren that he was the strongest man in the world and that’s what he did. He had a short story but his story and reason to join the tournaments are over. It’s sad, but it’s true since he did have some potential.

P2p1mbs

We won’t get DLC characters anytime soon, so all this speculation seems irrelevant. Shimbori never said anything about Alpha-152, Momiji and Rachel returning. So, how are you guys so certain they’ll return? That leaked image is going to be the roster at release, wether you like it, or not.

You make it sound like you dont want to see Momji and Rachel come back but aren't you one of those who does want them (or at least Momiji) back?

When you say we wont get DLC characters soon, are you overlooking Nyotengu and Phase 4? They are just bonuses now but we all know they will be made available for purchase for everyone after a little while.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
You make it sound like you dont want to see Momji and Rachel come back but aren't you one of those who does want them (or at least Momiji) back?

When you say we wont get DLC characters soon, are you overlooking Nyotengu and Phase 4? They are just bonuses now but we all know they will be made available for purchase for everyone after a little while.
I do want them back, I love them! But I have to be realistic, not only to others but also to myself. Momiji and Rachel are returning but it may take a while for them to actually return, I doubt Momiji and Rachel will come within the first 6 months after release. Also, to answer your question, I did overlook Phase 4 and Nyotengu. My apologies.

Addictrian

After reading the interview, I understand why Shimbori decided to cut them. Ein is literally hayate with amnesia, Hayate regained his memory so Ein’s arc was already over. Ein is cool but letting an alter ego have a separate slot seems like a waste of a slot to me.
Leon’s arc is finished, Leon never had a good plot as to why he wanted to join the tournaments. His only reason was to prove his late wife he was the strongest man in the world, so he did. Leon was never set up to stick around.
Gen fu’s arc finished in 5, he said he would teach Eliot his style, hinting his departure would take place in the sequel. Some people find picking characters based on the story “stupid” while I think it’s very reasonable and logical. Why even come up with a story if you won’t follow it for the sake of gameplay? I understand where the people are coming from regarding Ein and Leon but this is just how the cookie crumbles and you all have to accept it and move on.

Because as Shimbori stated “his fight is over”. Leon’s sole purpose was to prove to Lauren that he was the strongest man in the world and that’s what he did. He had a short story but his story and reason to join the tournaments are over. It’s sad, but it’s true since he did have some potential.

Its nice to wish Characters u like back =)
But I get u to go on with the Story its the same for me =)
I find it very unnattractive to have Tons of Clones or Eins- Hayates in one Game . Its the Same for me with Street Fighter. -Evil Ryu -Kage -Ryu- ect pp. I play them less even they are actually quite the Bomb.

Though i like Eins Art and Fashionsense + His Gameplay and Fightingstyle a lot . I prefer to have it all in One Package =) So i Hope Hayate gets Eins Costumes at least :p . I hope there will come a New Fighter with Eins Moveset !

And again There can always be a COMEBACK in Fighting GAmes or any other Games related to a Story =) ( Raidou) , so I think even when Characters are not in the Story from the Beginning ,they can be added at a later Point with there Story to the actual Story mode =)

So Hope will never die for those who love their Characters =)

Ninoasker

Leon is not a clone of Bayman. He may have started that way, but in DOA5 all of his signature moves were unique/not shared by Bayman and he boasted one of the most idiosyncratic playstyles that wasn't shared by any other character, let alone Bayman. Frankly, he was more unique than over half the roster, and if you're picking characters based on "story" (which is a dumb idea), once again, over half the roster is pretty much useless in that respect anyway and are just awkwardly forced in. There is no way you can convince me that Leon has less story potential than Jann Lee.

Leon would've been a better pick than all your shitty waifus combined.
I love you

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD