1.20 Requires PS4 Players to Pay Tickets Each Time a Hair Color Change Is Done

UPDATE 3/6/2020: Team NINJA tweeted an official apology to the fighters and stated that they were working on a better alternative to distribute hair colors. So players are encouraged to not purchase anymore colors until the issue has been rectified. The big hope is that players are able to use their perpetual pile of in-game currency to purchase & swap hair colors.

UPDATE 3/1/2020: While we wait for an official response from Koei Tecmo the mainstream press has started dismantling the "bizarre" business practices of the company. YouTuber, YongYea and Kotaku have also recently joined the fight against Koei Tecmo for their poor treatment to dedicated players.

UPDATE 2/25/2020: We here at Free Step Dodge have received word from a Team NINJA representative that the present functionality of requiring the player to purchase a hair color even if previously purchased is by design. At this time, if you would like to share your feedback to Team NINJA and KOEI TECMO, you have a few options available to you. It would be great if feedback was given by everyone and in any form of content about this situation if capable. Forms of content include but are not limited to Articles, Video, Images, Posts, or Streams. Always tag the company and game's official accounts and use big text in each of the posting. Also here are the Customer Support links as well:

NA Customer support https://koeitecmoamerica.com/support
EU Costumer Support https://koeitecmo.info/inquiry/kte
ASIA Customer Support http://www.gamecity.com.tw/html/support/index.html

For those planning on doing this, sooner is always better than later.

UPDATE 2/24/2020: The PlayStation 4 version of the game currently forces players to repurchase any previously purchased colors, and it requires you to spend Player Points to set the hair color to the character's original hair color. Team NINJA has not yet responded officially to questions. Please do not purchase alternate colors at the moment as we await confirmation from Team NINJA that this is designed functionality. This article will be updated as further news comes in.

A few weeks ago Team NINJA supplied us with their biggest free update for Dead or Alive 6 yet, and now that 1.20 has released we can see that Team NINJA is using this update to focus on cosmetics and new collaborative DLCs from the Atelier Ryza & Gust franchises plus hair color changing functionality exclusively to PS4. 1.20 which released the 25th of February. Judging by one of Team NINJA's recent Tweets, there will be some bug fixes, but real game changes are being reserved for another month. Like always this story will evolve over time with more information and news!

The added hair colors initially ignited some hype from the DOA community, but they are not releasing without an intense controversy that we haven't seen in the Dead or Alive community for years. If you jump through a few hoops to mod hair color changes on PC you can comfortably change your character's hair color to any hue imaginable. From Team NINJA, this feature is set to launch exclusively to PS4 for the exchange of 'Premium Tickets.' We reached out to Team NINJA for confirmation on exclusivity to this feature and they've responded to reinstate that hair color swapping will not be coming to the XBOX ONE or Steam platforms.

With all of this being said, it shouldn't come off as too much of a surprise as they introduced hair color changes with Dead or Alive 5 and Lisa's silver hair is also currently available in Dead or Alive 6. Pricing has been revealed to be one (1) Premium Ticket for each color and due to the fact you must reset the hair color, it creates a huge monetized obstacle for all of DOAs dedicated players.

The Gust & Ryza collaborative outfits look classy & tasteful compared to the consistent bikinis, and new titles have been added in an event that is similar to DOA6s Dumbbell Collaboration last year. While this is not the update gameplay purists are looking for, you can expect more big changes around the release of the Venus Vacation character next month.

Last edited:
This issue isn't about getting respect from people not in the DOA community. If anything we clearly have been supported by many if you bothered to read more than a blurb or two or watched more than the Angry Joe video.

What Lopedo am I going to get today is the question I ask myself when I see a recent message. Sometimes it's a guy giving positive energy interviews, sometimes it's a guy that blatantly tells me to fuck off when I ask a question, sometimes it's a guy that gets put into time out on Rikuto's stream.

I don't know what respect means to you, but you clearly have never had any for yourself or many around you.

The media does not care about you or anybody else that plays DOA. The media cares about making an article and getting clicks. And the Internet, especially people who go online to talk about video games, always like to see a big riot and condemn something. So everybody is supporting their own purpose, nobody is sitting there and rocking back and forth because the few remaining people on DOA have to pay to change their hair color. DOA has always had color swaps for money, I mean, look at the outfits? Hello? This isn't anything new. This is just upsetting everybody because after spending thousands of dollars for a blue dress instead of a red one, y'all gotta pay one dollar to RNG yourself some hair color.

You'll get whatever lopedo I decide today, but if you pay me I can swap to a different one of my choice, and if you don't like that one you can pay again. See what I did there?

And I have 0 respect for most DOA players. And unlike most DOA players I have self respect, and my proof is that I quit playing DOA. :p

Idk it's half and half. I like YongYea's take on it the best. Of course some are based off clicks, but most have put in the effort to highlight comments and concerns for the community.

The overarching problem here is that DOA 6 is a bad game. There are very few people that liked it. So... say that the hair color shit goes away, and then KT decides to make all DOA 6 DLC free. Okay. It'll draw people in... who will then immediately leave, because the game doesn't offer enough content for casuals, let alone competitive players.

They should absolutely be blasted for this bullshit, but my point is that doing so will change nothing. The closet rejects are going to pay for their perfect hair color and probably play arcade mode, and the rest of the world is going to move on to the next EA or whatever scandal and forget all about this. The core problem isn't paying for hair color, the core problem is that TN blatantly spat in the face of players who have supported them by going to their events, buying their DLC and overall remaining with a niche franchise in a niche genre. And they did that by half assing a game to sell titties and apparently hair color. And because it didn't go well, because nobody liked the game, KT wanted to get whatever they could out of this dead trash and hell, can you blame them? You could, or you could look around and see all of the whales that bought over priced color swaps over the years... see how the game has failed... and then ask yourself if you wouldn't do the same thing. Yeah? Okay then. No? You have your moral high ground, KT has more money.

[Notice]
We have received many feedback regarding the hair color function, and we take it seriously. We are working on improving the function, therefore we will notify you as soon as the content is decided. The addition of “Tamaki”, which has already been announced, will be released soon. We look forward to your continued support of #DOA6.

So they "listened", now it's time to truly take actions !

Submit your suggestions.
This is our moment !

Last edited:
Good good. So are people going to forgive the higher ups for that low tier stunt on even charging it in the first place? there may be room of justification, but the fact that they even came to that conclusion to begin with is a problem. Couple people are not paying attention to the smaller detail that they almost got away with that.

Nothing wrong with a bit of relief as well as people being glad of KT new decision, but for all that is holy, do never forget what they pulled there. But anyways congrats Dye Hard fans.

See what I did there? you did.

Last edited:
They are working on improving the function and look forward to your continued support.... so it'll cost 50 dollars to change hair color now?

But seriously though, if anybody is stupid enough to be excited because you think that they listened to your little tweets and you continue to buy this worthless garbage.... you are why this bullshit existed to begin with. :D

Color (no pun intended actually) me surprised they are going to change something. So the bad press did in fact outweigh the tons of lazy money they were making from this. Or people actually woke up and additionally to the bad press decided to do the right thing and just not rent hair.

Now let's see what they are going to do... If they had any remorse for trying to scam the remainder of their fans like this and if they do actually have any intention to improve the poorly conceived base game, they'd make hair colors available for player coins, which everyone has hundreds of thousands if not millions of and no clue what to do with them.

They are working on improving the function and look forward to your continued support.... so it'll cost 50 dollars to change hair color now?

But seriously though, if anybody is stupid enough to be excited because you think that they listened to your little tweets and you continue to buy this worthless garbage.... you are why this bullshit existed to begin with. :D

Let's encourage the team to evolve instead of spitting on the blind players. It's a better strategy.

Even though you are technically right.

Yeah the company has been doing it for awhile Lopi. You and I both know that there isn't much we can do about that one.

People already bought some of it and then KT suddenly made a switch up like "oops, they probably bought them tickets like 30 minutes before this tweet but ehhh they good. Now that they know we probably made that shit free now".

Color (no pun intended actually) me surprised they are going to change something. So the bad press did in fact outweigh the tons of lazy money they were making from this. Or people actually woke up and additionally to the bad press decided to do the right thing and just not rent hair.

Now let's see what they are going to do... If they had any remorse for trying to scam the remainder of their fans like this and if they do actually have any intention to improve the poorly conceived base game, they'd make hair colors available for player coins, which everyone has hundreds of thousands if not millions of and no clue what to do with them.

This. Hell that tweet from them literally oozes of a mistake they should of never even made to begin with. Seriously, their brains of operations is abysmal. There wouldn't even BE an uproar if they didn't foolishly try to sneak that in and expect of them to get away with that.

Never really cared for hair dyes in DOA6, but it's topics like these that makes people wonder on what exactly is TN's priority with 6's direction. Make bank fooling everyone? or do something else that doesn't involve helping to improve DOA6's flat out abysmal sales.

Last edited:
Maybe this "crisis" is the opportunity to revamp the game a little bit.

I will not feel okay with a "commercial gesture" or a simple discount.

What will FSD collectively request to compensate for their mistake ?

The spamming is not over. I am French.

istockphoto-577937286-1024x1024.jpg

Let's encourage the team to evolve instead of spitting on the blind players. It's a better strategy.

Even though you are technically right.

They have evolved. From taking people's cash for DOA 5 reskins to charging for hair color. That is evolution. That is more money for them. Evolution from our side looks like better decision making and a better game. Evolution from their side looks like a way to make whatever they can from a product that has failed. But I know what you mean.

I was expecting them to just ignore all the feedback but I guess when this was the biggest DOA news to come out in a while, it kinda makes sense that they would acknowledge it. Not going to get my hopes up though; I'm sure they will still charge us for the feature somehow and even if they rolled back on the payment per change, I doubt those who DID pay will be refunded (and they probably don't deserve to be).

This. Hell that tweet from them literally oozes of a mistake they should of never even made to begin with. Seriously, their brains of operations is abysmal. There wouldn't even BE an uproar if they didn't foolishly try to sneak that in and expect of them to get away with that.

Never really cared for hair dyes in DOA6, but it's topics like these that makes people wonder on what exactly is TN's priority with 6's direction. Make bank fooling everyone? or do something else that doesn't involve helping to improve DOA6's flat out abysmal sales.

The person who decided how they were going to monetize the feature doesn't care about video games and could probably quit his job at KT and go work for Coca-Cola or Samsung. Let's see if they have plans for the brand apart from making gacha games.

I mean even if it's fixed, it left a scar there. This wouldn't even be a grand thing if they never even brought it up to charge people in the first place. They could of just added those hair dyes free from the beginning and boom, there would be no future hassle and article memes. The articles are forever out there now.

The reasoning behind it is the biggest one.

Good to see that Koei-Tecmo finally decided to address the outcry over the Hair colour scheme, but I'm with DestructionBomb on this one, don't act in a manner as if KT is doing some sort of "favour" to the community. They know what the fuck they were doing and they were THIS close to getting away with it. Hell, they can still get away with it if they mostly sweep this debacle under the rug and distract the otaku whales with: "Hey GUYS! Here's more footage of Tamaki's ass! Please buy me!"

I mean even if it's fixed, it left a scar there. This wouldn't even be a grand thing if they never even brought it up to charge people in the first place. They could of just added those hair dyes free from the beginning and boom, there would be no future hassle and article memes. The articles are forever out there now.

The reasoning behind it is the biggest one.
I agree. Now their reputation and DOA's is forever damaged (worse than before).

Good job KT!.......dumbasses :D LOL

DOA whales during the hair controversy: "How dare KT charge me $1.99 for coloring my hair!"
KT: "Okay, we saw your complaints. Now be good little whales and shills by buying Tamaki. We already know you're going to buy her and give us money anyway."
DOA whales after KT response: "I can't wait for Tamaki to be released! I wonder what fighting styles she has??? :D "
Me:
65-651289_black-guy-png-black-guy-meme-glasses-transparent.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD