DOA5LR Analysis of Honoka's Moveset

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
She may end up having some unique moves within the stances that she has. Theoretically, some of the moves she has may be a placeholders (Maybe).

... As if... Honoka enters Bokuho - She would have one or two of Helena's moves... then she ends up having strings that are exclusive to her. (I also theorized on Honoka having other characters' moves within those stances as well... though her having all of this stuff already makes her seem diabolical as it is).

Nightpup

We already know Salad has original moves. She has her own unique stance and CB, as well as two entirely unique throws(one a launcher, the other idk what it is but it's that one where she jolts their neck with red energy).

AsheMann21

We already know Salad has original moves. She has her own unique stance and CB, as well as two entirely unique throws(one a launcher, the other idk what it is but it's that one where she jolts their neck with red energy).
Correct me if I'm wrong but those throws are actually:

1. the launcher is the first part of Hayabusa's Izuna
2. one of Raidou's throws

Brute

Standard Donor
That's not a unique throw. It's just the first part of Raidou's Underworld Drop (0:22 in video link).

Correct me if I'm wrong but those throws are actually:

1. the launcher is the first part of Hayabusa's Izuna
2. one of Raidou's throws
Technically the animation matches Raidou's throw, not Ryu's izuna.

You can trust me. I analyze the hell out of the Izuna and it's animations, haha

Nightpup

I assumed it was the Underworld Drop at first, but since it hasn't been seen completed yet I wasn't sure. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt but I guess not.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I mainly just care that she has the Hokage, which means baiting 33Ts will be just as fun as it is with Ein.

My guess is though, if she has a wall version she'll either still use Ein's or it'll be Hitomi's and for damage I'll assume it to be around the 60 range no reason her 33T should do full 65-70

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
That's not a unique throw. It's just the first part of Raidou's Underworld Drop (0:22 in video link).

Technically the animation matches Raidou's throw, not Ryu's izuna.

You can trust me. I analyze the hell out of the Izuna and it's animations, haha
You are the GOD of the Izuna Drops...

But, I do wonder a little about Honoka having high/low OH's, built in Sabaki's, parries... or even Air/Ground Throws.

AsheMann21

Tbh, I don't think she needs OHs, parries, sabakis. She already has a lot of good evasive stances under her belt such as the BKO, Zack's duck and Christie's roll. That's just me though.

EDIT:
@KING JAIMY Sorry I didn't notice this earlier but there is a minor correction for a Helena input.
Honoka's Uryu Banda is 214 P+K whereas the actual input from Helena is 236 P+K.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Yeah she doesn't need all the parries and stuff.

Her concept is that she has all the stances without the tools. The original characters must keep their individuality.

KING JAIMY

Edited the OP:

- Moves are now categorized in Strikes, Throws, Holds and Taunts.
- Changed command for Helena to: 236P+K (Helena); 214P+K (Honoka). Thanks to @AsheMann21!

Still need confirmation on moves:

- Especially characters in which I'm not specialized (Lisa, Brad Wong)
- Her Power Launcher origin. I'm thinking more and more it resembles Hitomi's, instead of Mila's.

I still need confirmation on her original moves as well:

- Are they really original?
- Did I miss some moves?

EDIT: PL moved from Mila to Hitomi.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Thank you. I also looked up Ein's PL and they have a strikingly similar PL animation. Do you know if it's the same or is it slightly different?

Edit: I tell a lie, just checked to make sure Ein's is in fact identical.

Ein, Hayate and Hitomi all share the same PL animation as I originally thought.

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

Edit: I tell a lie, just checked to make sure Ein's is in fact identical.

Ein, Hayate and Hitomi all share the same PL animation as I originally thought.
You're right! I just checked and Ein and Hayate's PL is also called Tensho with the same input. (33P+K)
Now 4 characters share the same PL, it's a bit strange xD

Nightpup

Salad's stance CB and one of her throws are indeed completely original. One of her throws is similar to Raidou's lightning choke OH, but the animation is definitely different, so they're not the same. Her stance T-8T is taken from Raidou though. It's his Underworld Srop

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

You're right! I just checked and Ein and Hayate's PL is also called Tensho with the same input. (33P+K)
Now 4 characters share the same PL, it's a bit strange xD
All right. You said four characters but I can only think of three. Hayate, Hitomi, Ein and...?? Anyway, I will update the thread with the three characters you mentioned.

Salad's stance CB and one of her throws are indeed completely original. One of her throws is similar to Raidou's lightning choke OH, but the animation is definitely different, so they're not the same. Her stance T-8T is taken from Raidou though. It's his Underworld Srop
Thank you, thank you. The thing is that I've never seen the full animation of the Underworld Drop, only the first part. I've only seen the first part performed in her Combo Challenge video, so I wouldn't recognize it instantly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD