Anti-Rachel strats, tips, and tricks thread.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Funny part is when your wakeup kick somehow goes through Rachel and you end up on the other side. It's hilarious.

Rawbietussin

Leave :sarah: alone!! You guys want to say adapt to Alpha and Rachel. Adapt to Sarah. Not upset at you or anything just saying. I'm tired of you guys bitching and moaning about how OP Sarah is. From where I'm seeing things, if you want Alpha banned, we might as well ban Sarah and Rachel for similar reasons. Other characters like Christie have giant advantages over the characters just like Sarah. Ok ok Sarah is OP but damn... (And Rawbie, I wasn't directing that at you, it's all in general).

Lol don't worry, I ain't bitching about her but yeah I don't like how she's being bitched when she got nerfed now in 5U. Besides, she is my 2nd main.

Codemaster92163

Like Rikuto mentioned, I'd rather not have DOA devolve into a game where only the 5 best options are ever chosen, leaving all the other 60-100+ moves back in the toy chest because everyone has a set of 5 that can win the game for them. I'm all for buffing characters, but not giving everyone an absurdly annoying 50/50 with which they can win using them alone should they guess right. At that point, the game just becomes a visually re-imagined coin toss, where it was once a fighting game.

No one is saying that Rachel is unbeatable, but to imply that she's not far superior to the rest of the cast is foolish. It's painfully obvious when you play a good Rachel, and even more so when you learn to play her yourself.

Last edited:

phoenix1985gr

Is this a serious question? Practically everyone in the roster has safe lows on NH and all of Rachels lows are unsafe on block just like most of the cast. Of all the things to complain about, her lows being + on NH is one of the silliest ones.

Ok safe on normal hit is just... Most characters have a 2p that -1, +0 or in extreme cases +1 on hit... Then there are lows that on normal hit are really negative but they have follow ups so you cant punish them... In this game all lows on block (ok i havent tested all of them lets say 95%) are punishable so saying that all her lows are punishable is nothing new to this game... Having frame advantage from a semi fast low is a new thing fo this game... And im not saying haveng lows on NH + is a bad thing, but saying that as a counter measure that they are punished is silly since if you block a simple 2p you re getting punished so its doesnt say much

Drake Aldan

When Alpha techs back to avoid the stomp she is seemingly out of range of 6P/6K.

I do not know hardly any Alpha but this appears to be distressing.

MasterHavik

Rachel's standard SS follow ups are pretty terrible...Her special SS has such a long animation that its ridiculously easy to avoid lol.
lol dude this community thinks zack can't do anything...no ones hits the lab just listens to what the big dogs or what there best buddy says.

Raze

Rachel got bopped hard at TFC by Jacky string spam and while her moves are good, they are limited. She takes the finals when the best of 5 is sitting even at 2-2, so a mirror match ensured the only possible outcome is a win for Rachel. I didn't see anyone that didn't use switch nation who played her. The things that stood out weren't Rachel, but the character switching, lack of punishes, and iffy fundamentals. She isn't even in the same universe as Jacky, Taka, or Akira in FS and you can fuzzy guard her PP Grab spam for F's sake. AND YES DELAYED THROWS BEAT FUZZY GUARDS IN VF AND DOA. That is basic fundamentals. I can see why Team Ninja added VF characters and wanted to get VF players more involved in DOA...

vINv

rachel is a grappler with a high learning curve against experinced players limited move set stomp is not guranteed can b teched and the mix up up out of it can b read i do it all the time 2 b hinest tinas better then rachel

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD