Any announced changes for ryu in UDoA5?

cip

I will spend a LOT of time in training mode with Hayabusa in the first two days, only interrupted by checking out Momiji and Hayate. But only to decide who will be Ryus tag partner.

Nameless Sama

Hey you are from germany ! I am from austria ! You will find your answer trust me ;). I cant decide Ryu X kasumi my main since 8 years on xbox or Ryu X Momiji or Ryu X Ein.

Reactions: cip

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Last night on Chosen One's stream on Konsolekingz, used a few of his bound states & did his kicks that launched going into his handstand for a bigger juggle. He used another move that was a new 2-in-1 maybe 1PP. The point is that those moves looked deadly especially the bound state with the guaranteed relaunchers.

MajesticBlue

I can't wait to give him another go. Problems or not. Taking a break from him and learning other characters while understanding the system mechanics better along the way helped. I don't know if my guide or any of the information I posted helped anybody but I may break him down again. I was sad because all I see is playing in the stun game as the best way to use him. Something that doesn't translate all that well in a guide. Plus you have to have on point yomi to make him work. More so then ever. Not sure I can main him again but I can try. Chances are his risk vs reward will still be messed up.

Brute

Standard Donor
Last night on Chosen One's stream on Konsolekingz, used a few of his bound states & did his kicks that launched going into his handstand for a bigger juggle. He used another move that was a new 2-in-1 maybe 1PP. The point is that those moves looked deadly especially the bound state with the guaranteed relaunchers.
He was doing it standalone, so it's not a string from his 1P. The moves open up good damage but that was never an issue for Hayabusa. Where he struggles is getting in in the first place, something that they actually nerfed for some absurd reason. With 4P2P still negative on block, and 4PK being unsafe, literally your only mix-up option from your jab are the bullshit options you get from PP2K.

The moves are flashy, but they don't re-invent Hayabusa and they certainly don't compensate for what he lost.

MajesticBlue

Imo You have to veiw Ryu as a counter hit character. Since he doesn't have advantage the majority of the time.You Fish for CH 3Ps and 6P. If feeling a little risky a Ch6K. 4P2P being unsafe on block makes sense if both 4P2P and 4P6P stun on normal hit. Would be nice if he can at least combo into the mid one though. As far as his jab mixup goes PP4P is good if you mess around with delaying the follow ups. Then the high into the elbow is pretty good but being a slower high move does it no favors. Hit confirm 6PK is still a big tool i don't think anybody uses. All these nerfs would be fine if they gave him back his 12 frame 8K. Maybe even bring it back as a 14 frame. Oh well. No sense dwelling on the past. Darkness is destined to lift in the end. I still have much left to do.

Nameless Sama

I only want to play. I am not an analyzer or a pro gamer. There is 1 point what should you know about Ryu. He is not a easy character and not playable for everyone ;). I am like " There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand". Just wait till the games out and then make these thoughts. These thoughts from you all before release. Sorry but I dont care which moves is gonna be nerf or buff. I just want to play and make my own playstyle. I see other things what so many not see.

SilverForte

3PPP will probably be one of his greatest tools this time around, 3rd hit still unholdable after the 2nd but doesn't knock down, could bring them to maximum threshold instantly if they don't hold the 2nd punch. And if they get wise, 3p- izuna.

Brute

Standard Donor
4P2P being unsafe on block makes sense if both 4P2P and 4P6P stun on normal hit.
4P2P is still negative on NH

Hit confirm 6PK is still a big tool i don't think anybody uses.
lol you should see how I play. I use that move tons because it start with 13 frames, ends with an ongyoin transition and provides wall bounce on hit.

All these nerfs would be fine if they gave him back his 12 frame 8K. Maybe even bring it back as a 14 frame. Oh well. No sense dwelling on the past. Darkness is destined to lift in the end. I still have much left to do.
lol
I want to see Izuna damage buffed back to 80 and to get his old, godly 2H+K back. 1K should also stun or at least be neutral on NH as well. Then I'd be happy.

Nameless Sama

Finally good news. Every Damage Point is crucial. 80 Points are good because even the Izuna ( Counter, Otochi) are hard to perform if you are too slow imo. Less talk more sense. A Hard Move should get his fair damage. That should give our Ryu a positive point.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I really want to check out DOA5U Ryu at launch, and maybe a breakdown. I couldn't be asked to do a breakdown on DOA5V because, I just found that the games was lacking that "something" to drive me into doing it. Like on DOAW (Before I got bored of the costume drama), I did LOADS of DOA2U, 3 and 4 breakdowns for every character, but for DOA5V, I just couldn't do it. I'm definitely going to do it for 5U.

Anyways, back to the point. I believe Ryu's :P::P::4::P::K: has changed to have 5 hits in it because the last hit now has 2 instead of 1. Both hits are still :mid:s.
Izuna damage IS back to 80, saw it on the stream.
What??? Oh lawd Jesus. I might have to do a breakdown on that.

BTW, be expecting an Ein, Zack and Maybe Hayabusa breakdown a couple of weeks after release.
:ein::zack::hayabusa:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD