Bayman Q/A

KidArk

why does Bayman's sitdown stuns seem more powerful than others?
Because you can loop p+k over and over on NH, if he had liike a 16i NH trip stun low then he'd be broken. But he's not the only one who loop sitdowns,also busa has nice sit downs, what makes you feel bay's are "morre powerful"'

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
its not really me its just how i remember hearing it. back when it became that way Rikuto posted about it being "game over" in the good way as in this had just made Bayman insanely powerful.for awhile i assumed it was because he could do his on NH with no need for a combo to lead into it(keep in mind i dont play as many other people) i then started messing with Hayate and realized he could do the same thing but everyone complains about it and i never see it used so yeah.

KidArk

its not really me its just how i remember hearing it. back when it became that way Rikuto posted about it being "game over" in the good way as in this had just made Bayman insanely powerful.for awhile i assumed it was because he could do his on NH with no need for a combo to lead into it(keep in mind i dont play as many other people) i then started messing with Hayate and realized he could do the same thing but everyone complains about it and i never see it used so yeah.

zzz Sorry man FSD isn't sending me emails whenever someone replies to my post so now i'm not noticing unless I check it out myself. Well Rikuto was like "it's over" , I remember that he was calling it the extended god launcher , uk p+k , 3k , 236p ? I mean it's pretty useful and the fact that he has the punch and the kick , p+k and 4k to give hard knock downs with his force techs and being a pretty slow grappling chara , he's basically at Bass' level with his pick ups if not in a better position with that roll. But still I don't think it's broken or anything , did you see DOA5 U though? His neck snap does two hits now '-' , nothing amazing but more damage , maybe they want us to use it more.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It is pretty much amazing. Basically 45% on average from a single hit with no chance to escape.

When you force tech somebody or get them at heavy disadvantage, they've gota guess between either ducking or throwing and getting smacked in the head by P+K, or blocking and getting manhandled by a DDT.

And you don't have to do either of these options, but you can terrify the shit out of people with them if you condition them right. It was the final piece necessary to give bayman a good "conditioning" game, thats why I said "It's over".

He became complete at that point.

KidArk

Tbh, I've never accientaly powerblowed when trying to roll, I'll look into it though. So I waas using bayman and iff you juggle 8pH8p yo're +5~+10 and if they don't tech and try to wake up kick you can p+k ft and be +17. I'll look into better set ups but generally on CH 8p you just do another 8p, back roll, so they tech and whiff then punish. I'm surre hoow useful this is yet I just saw it once and fouund it interesting , perhaps wee have to look for moves like that if we want force techs now?

Last edited:

Souichiro

Does anyone know a buffering trick that would enable me to use his back roll without accedently doing his PB 90% of the time?

The directional notation is the same as D.D.T's which i dont imagine you have trouble executing. Thinking that way, its the same thing with the difference being that you push P+K. instead of F

:214::F: <--- D.D.T starter
:214::P+K: <--- Backroll starter

Jaguar360

Does anyone know a buffering trick that would enable me to use his back roll without accedently doing his PB 90% of the time?
I don't have the game yet, but maybe you are not inputting all the way to :4:? I know that I would go to far with Hayabusa's 214P and do 7P instead or in the reverse way do Alpha's 236236T and get 3T instead.
Hope this helps

KidArk

Mkk so you know how when you spectate you can unlock from a character and pan around the screen? Well I was in the middle of s fight and my camera unlocked from me twice while fighting , on and offline has that occured for anyone else?

Brute

Standard Donor
Mkk so you know how when you spectate you can unlock from a character and pan around the screen? Well I was in the middle of s fight and my camera unlocked from me twice while fighting , on and offline has that occured for anyone else?
It has occurred to me twice offline. Both times were Bayman/Leon fights where Bayman began the fight using his Leon-exclusive intro line.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It happens during that specific intro, yes.

It seems to be a round 1 only glitch, and you can reset the camera when it drifts by clicking in the right stick.

If it happens during tournament play....ehh.... well...

Brute

Standard Donor
Ninja Gaiden players are used to playing with this kind of camera bullshit.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
its actually pretty cool,im torn between wanting it gone and not. i mean when that happens it is jarring but you CAN control the camera and it really gives the fight a more 3D perspective.

JJpalmer

How do you deal with baymans rolls im slowy tryin to work on my game while at friends played about 20 matches couldnt get in on bayman the rolls among other moves were hard to get thru

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
How do you deal with baymans rolls im slowy tryin to work on my game while at friends played about 20 matches couldnt get in on bayman the rolls among other moves were hard to get thru

not sure what your asking. if you want to use his rolls its best mid string where the opponent has no choice but to finish their animation. if you want to beat his rolls, low grab

JJpalmer

ahh thanks yesterday i couldnt get my offense started agaisnt bayman didnt know about the back roll until today so low grabs are my best bet. Thanks if i have anymore bayman questions ill try to word them better sorry had my 1st taste of online it was rough goin from cpu to people

I Ambiguous

Any Bayman vets on 360 want to help me improve my play [as him] and in general? Also, why are some of the standing throw animations different?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD