Character you dont like fighting?

gnooz

I hate to be the guy, but nothing you said here makes any sense.

Every time I see them I think same thing over and over again TECMO said "Lets copy Virtua Fighter game characters, lets add new game mechanic lets make sexier game!" so DOA born. Smart Japanese people created another fighting game alternative. I don't know you guys but after playing DOA5 I lost my interest both for DOA and Virtua Fighter 5 I don't want to play Virtua Fighter 5 because it looks outdated when I compare it to DOA5. Sarah's hair looks awful in Virtua Fighter 5 I like Virtua Fighter game engine more but textures and hair look stiff and boring.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Every time I see them I think same thing over and over again TECMO said "Lets copy Virtua Fighter game characters, lets add new game mechanic lets make sexier game!" so DOA born. Smart Japanese people created another fighting game alternative. I don't know you guys but after playing DOA5 I lost my interest both for DOA and Virtua Fighter 5 I don't want to play Virtua Fighter 5 because it looks outdated when I compare it to DOA5. Sarah's hair looks awful in Virtua Fighter 5 I like Virtua Fighter game engine more but textures and hair look stiff and boring.

You're still not really making sense. And you sound like a pretty tough person to please. Also I don't think you quite understand why DOA added VF characters to DOA5. You do know that TN has a lot respect for VF & SEGA AM2 right? Anything they do to the VF characters gets reviewed by AM2.

gnooz

You're still not really making sense. And you sound like a pretty tough person to please. Also I don't think you quite understand why DOA added VF characters to DOA5. You do know that TN has a lot respect for VF & SEGA AM2 right? Anything they do to the VF characters gets reviewed by AM2.

I know what were they thinking just the problem is that it isn't working for me. Also I don't like fighting against Nyotengu she is new character and everybody adores her now but oh boy her grabs and her wind attack....

Argentus

The VF characters are no faster than the faster DOA characters. Learn their frames and movesets (though they are considerably safer than the average DOA character). IMO, they fit in surprisingly well and are interesting to fight to say the least. Don't let Match-Up ignorance get the better of you!
knowing their frame data doesn't matter when you are flopping up and down like a fish out of water thanks to their VERY easy ability to abuse the doa stun system with everything being very fast straight jabs.

On paper, yeah not faster than anyone else.

In practice however, different story. They do very quick pokes that, for some reason, put into eternal stun, can do mids and such that hit all areas, so high/mids somehow bring you to a standing juggle when you are laying on the ground, and other inexplicable BS, plus with stuns that last too long to do anything other than HOPE holds come out. That plus all the ground bouncing/flopping nonsense.

Yeah. On paper, not worse than other characters. in practice, damn near exploit every inch of DOA's system by approaching it with VF movesets, to become absolute nightmares with bullshit stuns and juggles that nobody else can do.

Hazard

Standard Donor
I hate fighting Random. Everytime I play it, it has a different fighting style.

Nah, but seriously I hate fighting Kasumi.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
@gnooz & @Argentus Please learn the MU's with the VF characters. They are not broken and are balanced. Still hate Sarah lol.

As for NyoTengu, get in her face and mash buttons. She is slow as shit. Her crushes aren't particularly fast either. Be wary of P+K though. Do not let her breathe and get space. Just rush her down.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
In regards to Sarah people like to cry about the flamingo shenanigans but what they need to do is look out for those lows(that stupid looking squat kick thingy in particular) and space that bitch out.

EDIT: in regards to Jacky just go into training mode and mash some buttons and practice blocking his strings. If he is not Tick throwing you then you can more or less make him your bitch. @Nereus can give you more details on that one.

Last edited:

Argentus

In regards to Sarah people like to cry about the flamingo shenanigans but what they need to do is look out for those lows(that stupid looking squat kick thingy in particular) and space that bitch out.

EDIT: in regards to Jacky just go into training mode and mash some buttons and practice blocking his strings. If he is not Tick throwing you then you can more or less make him your bitch. @Nereus can give you more details on that one.
Not really.

The issue is that Sarah can throw out a ton of pokes at all different heights, really really quickly, and she only needs one to land, then she can just stuntech you for a ton of damage, because at that point it doesn't matter if you see the lows coming or not, you can't do anything about it.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Mila arguably has better pokes and offensive holds or as I like to call it "bullshit circumvention technology". If you're Mila then Sarah really doesn't have a speed advantage on you. I am not all that familiar with Mila but I do know that she has at least one move that crushes lows and I do know that Mila is NO slouch when it comes to damage output. The only time I can see Mila getting bodied hard by Sarah is if Sarah gets that flamingo bullshit going. If you're there then you failed to keep her out which means you have to block and read carefully.

Again someone else can probably give you a better assessment but this is what I can see from my perspective.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Mila arguably has better pokes and offensive holds or as I like to call it "bullshit circumvention technology". If you're Mila then Sarah really doesn't have a speed advantage on you. I am not all that familiar with Mila but I do know that she has at least one move that crushes lows and I do know that Mila is NO slouch when it comes to damage output. The only time I can see Mila getting bodied hard by Sarah is if Sarah gets that flamingo bullshit going. If you're there then you failed to keep her out which means you have to block and read carefully.

Again someone else can probably give you a better assessment but this is what I can see from my perspective.

All I can see is someone not knowing the MU and choosing to complain instead.

KING JAIMY

I'll give another update

Jacky- I cannot deal with his pressure at all

Rig- endless kicking pressure ._. I've been told to crush and SS and I try but just get counter hit

Marie- ):<
I can give you some tips as well:

Jacky:
- His 6P string is a pain if you don't know how to deal with it, this is because he has many options: 6PK, 6PPP, 6PPK, 6PPK4 and 6PP2K. As you can see, each second strike is that string is a high strike (marked in bold). So if you have a good reaction time, try to hold high as soon as you see a Jacky player doing that string. Otherwise you can try to block the string. Hint: Every variant of this string is unsafe! Especially 6PPP (-14), which you can punish with Kasumi's 236T or 214T. :)

- You can strike punish him out of his Side Slide Shuffle and sometimes his Slide Shuffle too.

- Jacky has lots of highs overall, so if you have to guess with a hold, go for a high hold.

- Keep an eye on when you think your opponent will try to do 64T. It does 99 dmg on HiC. :eek:

- Try to not get your back to the wall or an environmental hazard, as Jacky's environmental game is very damaging.

- Last but not least, a lot of Jacky players tend to do 4H+K to get this combo if it hits: 4H+K, P+KP, 1P+KPK. You can punish 4H+K on block: It is - 8 on block I believe.

Rig:
- First things first: Watch out for his frame traps! 4KK and Bending Stance KK give him +1 on block, thus it feels like he can endlessly continue doing these moves. This is because will constantly be put at advantage if you keep on blocking. Therefore you'll want to high crush him with 2P to get him out of Bending Stance and interrupt his momentum.

- Rig has loads and loads of kicks, so if you are in a guessing situation, go for Kasumi's expert mid kick hold, or a high hold.

- After he does Rapid Fire (Bending Stance T), he'll be put at +10; the best thing you can do afterward is side-step as most of his Bending Stance options don't track. Only Bending Stance T track and Bending Stance 3K, which is a mid kick.

- Don't get trapped in his back-turned shenanigans. Especially after Bending Stance 4H+K, Rig players pull off: 4P, Turn Leg Cut P, 4P, 33K (launch). If you have you back turned towards him, slow escape!

- Pay close attention on when you think your opponent will do a sit-down, as a sit-down gives him a guaranteed 33K launch. All of his sit-down stuns are mid strikes.

Marie Rose:
- Has a lot of high strikes. Keep this in mind for holding and high crushing.

- She has awful range. Korean back dash works well. Most Marie Rose players will go for 3H+K on far range to close the gap. Block it or wait for it to whiff and punish with 2T.

- If she has her back turned, watch out for her BT OH as she can play a lot of mindgames with you if she gets you with this hold. Duck and punish it with a throw. An easy way to tell if she's back-turned is after she does Minuet (2P+K/8P+K).

- She has slow and predictable strings which are unsafe (e.g. 6K2K). Learn them and you will punish her like there is no tomorrow! ;)

Chapstick

The input here on how to deal with certain characters is very helpful so I was wondering if I could get help with Hayate. He completely wrecks me. It doesn't help his command sidestep can avoid my good tracking moves, Kasumi's P+K and it even SS'd 6PK. I'm guessing staying right up in his face is one aspect of dealing with him as a fast character because he seems to have great range on some moves.

As Leifang I mid parry the crap out of him but those throws can hurt.

Argentus

i think i'm really starting to hate Bayman as well. Good ones just completely lock me out of the match so I'm not even playing. boring as shit. Just see my character on the ground...getting grabbed over and over...no way to get up apparently...just being looped from sit down stun to hard knockdowns over and over...

So fukkin boring...

doesn't help that I dunno how to fight him (never see anyone using him) so when I do, I have no idea how to avoid getting caught in that loop.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Umm... learn the Match Up and low throw lol? If you're getting looped over and over you're doing something wrong. I'd hate to see how you deal with GenFu.

Argentus

Umm... learn the Match Up and low throw lol? If you're getting looped over and over you're doing something wrong. I'd hate to see how you deal with GenFu.
gen fu doesn't groundlock you. Also nobody uses gen fu lol.

the issue is...I can't low throw because I'm on the ground or in sit down stun. Was just facing one, and all that happened was I got hit once, juggled to hard knockdown, ground grabbed over and over without being able to get up, tech roll, or wakeupkick, then force teched back into the juggle. Repeat.

its like vanilla Helena, so long as I never let them get momentum, its fun, but once they do, it becomes a snoozefest.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Bayman? Loop?
tumblr_mzhnq9VBcR1rntyjwo5_500.gif

Sidestep the fool.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD