Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Demo Kiosks in Japan

MasterHavik

You have no confirmation DOA5U doesn't. It's possible they are removing the ground game to have a more active focus on the attack system with guaranteed setups like DOA3.
I was talking DOA 5 vanilla, not DOA 5U bro.

Rikuto: I think my heart just stop when you said that.

Brute

Standard Donor
I doubt Helena will lose her PFT, it's the only thing that makes her somewhat unique as a character. Without it she has no real individuality, plus TN is too lazy to overhaul Helena, especially seeing how she isn't a very popular character.
Picard-Facepalm.jpg

Omegan Eckhart

waste of thread space

Wonderful, how about responding to what I said instead of posting stupid pictures.

TN said they don't want to change characters if it costs them their individuality. Outside of PFT Helena has no real game plan except stun and guess, stun and guess. Without it she will have nothing that sets her apart from other characters. Because of this I doubt she will lose it.

TN isn't very interested in Helena, from DOA4 to DOA5 she got ONE new move animation. Everything else was just copy pasting her handslap attacks and adding it onto her existing strings. If they couldn't be fucked to animate any new attacks between games why the fuck would they spend massive amounts of time and resources altering her now?

We all know there are certain characters that TN likes to focus on and Helena is definitely not one of them.

TRI Mike

3.1 didn't have FT, yes. But using them in 5 is the only way to get frame advantage... it was probably the best thing about DOA5.

Brute

Standard Donor
Wonderful, how about responding to what I said instead of posting stupid pictures.

TN said they don't want to change characters if it costs them their individuality. Outside of PFT Helena has no real game plan except stun and guess, stun and guess. Without it she will have nothing that sets her apart from other characters. Because of this I doubt she will lose it.
I'm not sure how you want me to respond to this because I think the image was pretty damn good at conveying it. But try this: Helena's silly force tech that should have never been in there in the form it is is not her only distinctive feature. She can crush mids, has a stance that constantly crushes highs making her quite difficult to throw punish, good mix-up, some interesting natural combos, reset throws, launcher throw from crushing, a low poke that stuns on NH and can be entered quite easily (and can't be expert low P held for those who have that option), etc.
"Oh, other characters have those." Yeah, it's rare you get a character who has one thing no one else does. It's about combining the tools (a pro con balance) into a package (character) that best suits you. Helena has skills aside from the FT. Top tier skills? No, I wouldn't say so. But her force tech is not her only defining trait. If you think it is, you're saying you love playing a one-trick pony. Maybe that is what you think. I'd advise you play a multi-trick pony 'cause they're in there, but whatever. Maybe you like picking what you deem as a silly choice.
Helena was fine in DOA2-3 without the force tech. Obviously she had different frame data properties in those, but she may get more frame advantage (unlikely but possible). She may get her other tools (listed above) buffed. You don't know. No one does. Calling a character quits based on one silly feature being gone is facepalm-worthy, hence that image.

We all know there are certain characters that TN likes to focus on and Helena is definitely not one of them.
Helena has tits and thus gets more focus that pretty much any character without them (very few exceptions).

NightAntilli

You know, DOA 3.1 didn't have force techs either.

Just saying.

I never understood force tech anyway. Despite it being a game, it's weird to me. Someone's on the ground, you hit them, and they magically stand up? :confused: The only way that a forced standing position makes sense is when someone like Bass grabs you and puts you on your feet.

KidArk

Yeah Alpha's gonna get a little boost maybe... She never had FT's and the bigger lifebar means her 0 dmg counters are now a little less worse than others' ~50 dmg counters.

About Helena nothing's confirmed yet but I wouldn't be surprised if they did her like that. I mean they nerfed at least one of Bass's FT setups. Bass.

FT , is that force tech? If so umm Alpha actually does have force techs, quite a few to be honest xD.

KidArk

i think all of those "strings" involve his forward tank roll which is about as useful as the Zack Beam

Anytime Bayman incorporates 6K you can cancel right after into SIDE tank wheel, also , if you stun with 3K into forward tank wheel more times than naught , you're going to scoop them. Also you can use that roll for a few juggles P+K 3k (roll) P (roll) T , it's not that useless , just if you throw it out in someones face, it's not as scary as JAK or something

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I never understood force tech anyway. Despite it being a game, it's weird to me. Someone's on the ground, you hit them, and they magically stand up? :confused: The only way that a forced standing position makes sense is when someone like Bass grabs you and puts you on your feet.

Force tech not only forces them up.. think of the big picture..
- it eliminates their ground game completely
- it gives you a huge frame advantage you can use to set up frametraps on wake up or even unleash slower (and possibly safer) moves which would be far too risky in the neutral game. This is particularly of use to slower characters, but all characters can take advantage of it.

Force techs are amazing. I would hate to see them gone...

DR2K

Force tech not only forces them up.. think of the big picture..
- it eliminates their ground game completely
- it gives you a huge frame advantage you can use to set up frametraps on wake up or even unleash slower (and possibly safer) moves which would be far too risky in the neutral game. This is particularly of use to slower characters, but all characters can take advantage of it.

Force techs are amazing. I would hate to see them gone...

I'd hate to seem them gone too, but they were much more fair in DOA4. You got advantage, but you mostly had to sacrifice a lot of damage for advantage. Some characters have set ups where they're force teching off of full combos. With a nerfed wake up kick it just gives the offender the entire round unless you get lucky and guess right out of it.

I doubt Helena will lose her PFT, it's the only thing that makes her somewhat unique as a character. Without it she has no real individuality, plus TN is too lazy to overhaul Helena, especially seeing how she isn't a very popular character.

I'd prefer she retained her FT properties from DOA4. Which would require them to give back her old moves taken and only allow true force techs with damage being sacrificed. There was also some skill involved in timing force techs that DOA5 sorely lacks.

Blazeincarnated

No they are not amazing. They are a scapegoat to keep people off the ground. Therefore rendering them unable to defend. Its stupid.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
So, uh, can someobe confirm if Bass' 6kp still allows for a pick-up? Because if that goes away, they better be giving him the godhand or something to balance things out, otherwise he's pretty much screwed.

I still think there are a lot of rumours goinf around, but the bayman video clearly showed him losing some of his force techs, which looked weird.

TRI Mike

Blaze, you're wrong again. Instead of bitching about FT being done to you, maybe you should learn how to implement them with Zack as his FT game is incredible. Stop trying so much to make the game worse. Everyone here disagrees with you all the time for a reason.

synce

So, uh, can someobe confirm if Bass' 6kp still allows for a pick-up? Because if that goes away, they better be giving him the godhand or something to balance things out, otherwise he's pretty much screwed.

I still think there are a lot of rumours goinf around, but the bayman video clearly showed him losing some of his force techs, which looked weird.

6KP is confirmed nerfed (no guaranteed pick up). The person who confirmed it isn't sure about others like 1PP, the guy he was playing might've been teching too slow

Blazeincarnated

Blaze, you're wrong again. Instead of bitching about FT being done to you, maybe you should learn how to implement them with Zack as his FT game is incredible. Stop trying so much to make the game worse. Everyone here disagrees with you all the time for a reason.

I already know about Zack and his FT game. Its not that I don't like it, its just annoying when you can't defend it. Sometimes I feel like a bully ya' know?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD