DEAD OR ALIVE : the animation_ alpha test

axouel2009

I highly recommend just producing the project regardless. Approaching TN, and by extension KoeiTecmo, will only get you shut down as they absolutely need to protect their IP from a legal perspective. If they were to sanction you, they would need to be involved with production at multiple points and also likely would shop it out elsewhere.

Keep it a fan project.
You're probably right. But all this will happen at the decisive moment when I will have finished designing the whole project, I will present it to them and depending on their reaction the project will become official or will remain a fan project like dead fantasy :)

axouel2009

so here is my interview ! :D super proud of it tho

axouel2009

inochinagi

Standard Donor
I've been lurking here from time to time since the last time I posted and I have to say man, you're surprising me. I'd normally be very nervous about a fan project for any of my favorite games, especially if it's something like an animation or movie like this, but so far I'm honestly impressed. It's just the character designs so far really, but they've turned out really great, and you continue to put out more content on a regular basis too. From my perspective, I think you've clearly got a good and very compentent "look" down for the project, my only concern now is for how the story and script would be.

This Tina fan gives your Tina design a firm thumps up (looking forward to Lisa now). Just promise me that if you get as far as being able to get voice overs for your characters, please find someone that sounds more like the Japanese Tina. I don't care about the southern accent (I never thought she had to have one, I mean even her dad doesn't.... so, huh?), that depends on how you see Tina's background, but even if she is supposed to have a southern accent, her official English voice actress only covers her rough/rowdy side but doesn't do her sultry side any justice... it's very possible to sound sultry with a southern accent (i.e. Elizabeth Taylor or Rogue from X-Men The Animated Series).

Last edited:

axouel2009

I've been lurking here from time to time since the last time I posted and I have to say man, you're surprising me. I'd normally be very nervous about a fan project for any of my favorite games, especially if it's something like an animation or movie like this, but so far I'm honestly impressed. It's just the character designs so far really, but they've turned out really great, and you continue to put out more content on a regular basis too. From my perspective, I think you've clearly got a good and very compentent "look" down for the project, my only concern now is for how the story and script would be.

This Tina fan gives your Tina design a firm thumps up (looking forward to Lisa now). Just promise me that if you get as far as being able to get voice overs for your characters, please find someone that sounds more like the Japanese Tina. I don't care about the southern accent (I never thought she had to have one, I mean even her dad doesn't.... so, huh?), that depends on how you see Tina's background, but even if she is supposed to have a southern accent, her official English voice actress only covers her rough/rowdy side but doesn't do her sultry side any justice... it's very possible to sound sultry with a southern accent (i.e. Elizabeth Taylor or Rogue from X-Men The Animated Series).

Thank you so much ! It means a world to me ( don't forget to follow the twitter acount , weekly updated ;) )

The scenario of the project takes place mainly between doa4 and doa4, interspersed with a lot of flashback before DOA1 for the most part ;)

The series will be composed of episodes of a few minutes each time centered on one or more characters.

I'll edit it at the end and we'll have some kind of animated medium-length film.

I don't have an actor for the voices yet as the project is not yet advanced enough for that. On the other hand I have a musician / sound mixer, it's a good start.

But I'll try to find good actors (probably in english, but I'd like everybody to speak their native language lol, the episode of helena will be partly in french and the episode of mila in spanish for exemple. )

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I am very interested in what you will do with my favourite female ninja Kasumi. It would be great if you’d also include Momiji and Rachel since they would fit the story very well.

No. Please keep Momiji and Rachel out of this. They have NOTHING to offer for the story of DOA. The characters that has GREAT potential in the storyline are Ayane, Kasumi, and Kokoro.

axouel2009

A few Cameo will be in the project, some will come from ninja gaiden, one is from venus vacation, two from virtua fighter, hummm and probably some more :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD