Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeinchains

.....That's the new DLC?GAAAARRRRBBBBAAAGGGEEE, I'm not impressed. The only saving grace is that Naotora is getting something, she's all I'll buy.
57a099ad6e95a.jpg

The recolors look so cheap and rushed.

... It's seriously just the same bikini recolored for the girls... I'll pass on this one personally.

And if one of the girls are being left out I'm placing my bets on Lisa.

The doax3 bikinis I'll be getting though! :)

Number 13

Based on polls MR in Asia and Ayane for NA/EU. It's all moot which is more popular since BOTH are popular enough where they get exclusive costume packs.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
When people claim Marie Rose and Honoka are the most popular DOA characters, they do realize that they are basing this "fact" on a poll that was made especially for DOAX3 and in which DOAX3 fans participated? Only a fraction of the DOA community plays the DOAX spinoffs. Now that the game is Asia exclusive that fraction is smaller than ever. So it would be much more correct to assume that Marie Rose and Honoka are just DOAX3's most popular characters.

Yuffie

From the Xtreme 3 thread. Top pic is X3, bottom 2 is LR.
The Gremlin from Ayane's X2 collection is back as well! Of course Leifang's suspenders are back as it wasn't obvious.
The swimsuits are destructibl on LR.

From Dualshockers.com

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08...getting-new-sexy-costumes-and-more-in-august/

Koei Tecmo showcased on the latest issue of Famitsu a few new pieces of content that will be released on Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and Dead or Alive 5: Last Round in August.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round is going to get a floral bikini set (which you can see in the last two pictures in the gallery below).

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will get a black fan with a new update of the game, able to create gusts of wind. On top of that, from August 10th to to August 24th we’ll get the “Wild” and “Innocence” sets, while from August 25th to September 7th, they will be replaced by the “Sandwich” and “Decouple” sets. You can check them out in the first picture below.

DOAX3-1.jpg
DOAX3-2.jpg
DOAX3-3.jpg

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Hm, they look much better up close, but I'm still not impressed. And TN is really getting risque, that flower removal mechanic for clothes destruction is symbolically like deflowering.

Argentus

I want a fan design character contest where we can actually design and submit our own characters and their costumes and future DLC. One winner from the west, one from EU and one from Japan.
That wouldn't end well.

Even they can't take that risk unless it's Japan-exclusive.
They'd just give her a fake id like Marie Ayane and Kokoro.

I want to see something other japanese properties as a crossover for once but I can't think of any western series they can use that wont cause problems with copyright.

Not to mention there aren't any major western series that aren't like...ninja turtles. Which are mutant animals.

They could do DC but it'd likely be the shitty TV show and movie versions.

Id rather they do marvel but comics instead of movies or Netflix.

Hmm...for fun I'm gonna try to do a few dlc costume ideas I wouldn't mind seeing.

Marvel DLC costumes

Kasumi - Spider-Woman
Alpha - ?
Brad Wong - Daredevil
Mila - Squirrel Girl
Helena - ?
Kokoro - ?
Bayman - The Punisher
Christie - Viper/Madame Hydra
Rig - Taskmaster
Jann Lee - Iron Fist
Zack - Luke Cage.
Ayane - Spider-Girl (anya version)
Hayabusa - Spider-Man
Nyo - Songbird
Eliot - Cannonball/hawkeye
Tina - She-Hulk
Lisa - Black Cat
Bass - beast?
Leifang -
Hitomi -
Phase 4 - Spider-Gwen
Hayate - Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
Raidou - Doctor Doom
Marie Rose - ?
Momiji - Silk
Gen Fu - Odin/doctor strange
Ein - Scarlet Spider (Ben)
Rachel - Ms Marvel (classic lightning bolt costume)
Leon - The Juggernaut/Colossus
Honoka - pixie

And One Piece

Kasumi - Nami
Alpha -
Brad Wong - Kuzan
Mila - Marguerite or Koala
Helena - Domino
Kokoro - Vivi
Bayman - Akainu
Christie - /Sadie-Chan
Rig - Sanji
Jann Lee -
Zack - Donquixote Doflamingo/Brook
Ayane -
Hayabusa - Zoro
Nyo - Monet
Eliot - Luffy
Tina -
Lisa -
Bass - Franky
Leifang - Hancock
Hitomi - Carrot
Phase 4 -
Hayate -
Raidou -
Marie Rose - Perona
Momiji - Silk
Gen Fu -
Ein - Shanks
Rachel - Alvida
Leon - Whitebeard/Sir Crocodile
Honoka - Jewelry Bonney

Well that's all I got off the top of my head. Annoying lack of main females in one piece really.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
How so? We'd get a western design that will likely draw from our preferred tastes while other regions including Japan can also submit ideas for a new character to represent their region's tastes. There could be both a male and female category too.

YBNDM

Yeah, I'm not going to buy this, at all. Naotora got DLC, which is good. The girl that got kicked out was probably Alpha-152. That DOAX3 content tho... ;P

Argentus

How so? We'd get a western design that will likely draw from our preferred tastes while other regions including Japan can also submit ideas for a new character to represent their region's tastes. There could be both a male and female category too.

You are overestimating the fan bases "taste".

Color me a cynic.

Japan would be the same slutwear as usual, because japan doesn't like women being represented individually, and most things from westerners, especially whatever won/made it in, would be similar for weeaboo reasons.

And even if it wasn't slutty, it certainly wouldn't be "representing" anything. Most fan submissions have no thought put into how they'd suit a character, nor how they would actually look in game with said characters fighting stance and style.

And FYI I know mine are no exception to that.

Last edited:

Sotherius

Well, doax3 is doax3, bad taste is expected there.

But this DOA 5 LR looks really bad...

Well, now i just need to hope that the designers award will feature cool stuff.

P2p1mbs

From the Xtreme 3 thread. Top pic is X3, bottom 2 is LR.
The Gremlin from Ayane's X2 collection is back as well! Of course Leifang's suspenders are back as it wasn't obvious.
The swimsuits are destructibl on LR.
From Dualshockers.com

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08...getting-new-sexy-costumes-and-more-in-august/

Koei Tecmo showcased on the latest issue of Famitsu a few new pieces of content that will be released on Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 and Dead or Alive 5: Last Round in August.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round is going to get a floral bikini set (which you can see in the last two pictures in the gallery below).

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 will get a black fan with a new update of the game, able to create gusts of wind. On top of that, from August 10th to to August 24th we’ll get the “Wild” and “Innocence” sets, while from August 25th to September 7th, they will be replaced by the “Sandwich” and “Decouple” sets. You can check them out in the first picture below.

DOAX3-1.jpg
DOAX3-2.jpg
DOAX3-3.jpg

How many swimsuits will the lr pack have? Also, looks like I was right about how the only destructible feature will be the flowers exploding off the suits.

Yuffie

How many swimsuits will the lr pack have? Also, looks like I was right about how the only destructible feature will be the flowers exploding off the suits.
The article doesn't say. Who knows maybe Pai and Sarah won't get one since they weren't included back with the Hot Summer dlc. I hope that isn't the case since the swimsuits are exactly the same.
How many girls are in the game now, 19, not including Alpha or Mai?

P2p1mbs

They could do DC but it'd likely be the shitty TV show and movie versions.

Considering WB has a DC fighting game, I dont see any version of dc heros as a viable crossover, especially seeing how poorly recieved their recent movies are (not just BVS and suicide squid but also the animated version of killing joke). Would be interesting though; I can imagine Rachel as Power Girl and Marie would be supergirl because of course she would be :rolleyes:

Marvel DLC costumes

Kasumi - Spider-Woman
Alpha - ?
Brad Wong - Daredevil
Mila - Squirrel Girl
Helena - ?
Kokoro - ?
Bayman - The Punisher
Christie - Viper/Madame Hydra
Rig - Taskmaster
Jann Lee - Iron Fist
Zack - Luke Cage.
Ayane - Spider-Girl (anya version)
Hayabusa - Spider-Man
Nyo - Songbird
Eliot - Cannonball/hawkeye
Tina - She-Hulk
Lisa - Black Cat
Bass - beast?
Leifang -
Hitomi -
Phase 4 - Spider-Gwen
Hayate - Scarlet Spider (Kaine)
Raidou - Doctor Doom
Marie Rose - ?
Momiji - Silk
Gen Fu - Odin/doctor strange
Ein - Scarlet Spider (Ben)
Rachel - Ms Marvel (classic lightning bolt costume)
Leon - The Juggernaut/Colossus
Honoka - pixie
Some of these dont really make sense to me but I do like the idea of Mila as squirrel girl. But of course, a character whose main thing is being completely unbeatable despite her silly powers would probably go to Marie because of course she would be :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD