Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurlungur

THAT FUCKING BAYMAN COSTUME

2.gif

Boogie

im glad that no one aside from phase-4 got a copy and paste outfit but some of the entries were hit or miss. like some were REALLY good and others were.............................................................................................less cuter than others.

Xhominid The Demon Within

@Xhominid The Demon Within Contrary to that Kokoro's Sherlock Holmes costume and some others were not on the same level as some that have one. No offense to the artists, they were just less polished. They aren't picking purely based on artistic talent.

If people care they should still submit. For the record, for the first two contests, neither of my entries got posted for voting... Doesn't mean I can't still appreciate everyone else's work, or need to get worked up over it. Stuff happens.
Your best bet is to design a male outfit next time. When I picture Tarzan Ein's concept art I imagine a stick figure with a brown rectangle covering his...
@Xhominid The Demon Within

Two facts.

1. The fact that they chosed 3 costumes from the same artist actually proves that they wanted the best costumes for their community, no matter who drew them. Quality over anything. Also, a lot of people reacted to these drawings when they were posted, which means they were happy about it. Guess TN cannot satisfy all the babies that fill this community.

2. This:
doa-5-cosume-kokoro.jpg

@KwonJigglypuff If you are going to go on namecalling like an asshole, then you can go fuck off as you completely miss what I was talking about. I know about the far less than quality pictures that won, that's not my point, my point is the fact that in order to stay "competitive", people will have to go toss in multiple pictures which turns less into having it be fun and recognize everyone far and wide and basically being whoever stuffs the ballets wins.

@The Enforcer And that's not my issue, my issue is the fact that if multiple outfits can be added in AND accepted from the same artist again and again, it puts in a rift of those that end up completely changing it from being something for fun into basically being a slog that is no longer fun or recognizable and just makes the contests pointless. I can still recognize the good the artists do but what is the point of others wanting to try their hand when you got 20-30 artists tossing in 5-10 pictures and they all have an equal chance of winning multiple times for the same artist?

@David Gregg Apparently that's the best anyone will ever do considering that most of the main triple+ drawings is mainly the females at this rate...

And to any other smartasses like Kwon:
I don't care that I lost, I respect the fact that the artists got their pictures chosen regardless. What I hate is TN's system which is ripe for abuse and will just turn the contest into something that will be despised in time rather than recognizing the varied drawings and ideas.

Candy Dragon

I come on here and you guys are all "is that Ein's break out, escaped experiment costume?" Which was my entry.

I got so excited.

Then I see the actual Ein costume.
Oh the hurt. So much hurt XD

This pack is a 50/50 to me. Some are good, some are as bad as last year. Plus I really thought with 1800 entries, every costume would be by a different artist as well as there being no way we would get a palette swap. I'm sorry Phase 4. Dunno how it happened.

Xhominid The Demon Within

who's gonna be eve lol

I know who will be Lilith...Nyo

But honestly...the costumes aren't all that bad...but there honestly could have been better.

Kasumi, Lisa, Nyo, Helena, Rachel, Marie and maybe Momiji are definitely good.
Ayane's is alright since it seems to be a combo of her NG:B and her main Ninja costume except being more mystical
And everyone else's is either okay, bleh or meh.

And I honestly don't know what the hell they was thinking with Ein's outfit, especially after Hayate got a pretty good costume this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD