Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

I'm going to have to rain on everyone's parade here. The costumes are only the 3 shown + Mai the character. It's specifically the "Women Fighters" team (女性格闘家チーム) from KOF 2000.

DOA_SNK_KOF_Costumes.jpg

No other costumes from KOF have been announced.

Jesus fuck so there was NOTHING worthwhile revealed at this then.

Only what 3 contest designs?

Mai is neat but not like we have a shortage of Japanese ninja girls already.

Attack on titan stuff is lame.
And now we don't even get a full kof pack even though most of it would be SO OBVIOUS?!

The Enforcer

People are overreacting without info. Yes, there has been a 3 character DLC, yes there are only three characters shown, BUT just because more weren't shown does not mean it's not a full pack. If the KOF pack is part of the Season Pass there is no way it'll only be 3 costumes. When Tatsunoko crossover was revealed at last years DOAFes there were only a few characters shown yet it was at least a 16 character pack. All crossovers since the Orochi pack have been large enough for at least 16. Also the Orochi pack didn't warrant a hyped up Orochi x DOA campaign. If they're selling it as KOF x DOA it's not going to be very KOF with only 1 character and 3 costumes....

Least get facts first, then panic. ;)

Uncle_T

People are overreacting without info. Yes, there has been a 3 character DLC, yes there are only three characters shown, BUT just because more weren't shown does not mean it's not a full pack. If the KOF pack is part of the Season Pass there is no way it'll only be 3 costumes. When Tatsunoko crossover was revealed at last years DOAFes there were only a few characters shown yet it was at least a 16 character pack. All crossovers since the Orochi pack have been large enough for at least 16. Also the Orochi pack didn't warrant a hyped up Orochi x DOA campaign. If they're selling it as KOF x DOA it's not going to be very KOF with only 1 character and 3 costumes....

Least get facts first, then panic. ;)
I never thought about it that way. I still hope the kof pack doesn't have 16 costumes(if you know what i mean).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm going to have to rain on everyone's parade here. The costumes are only the 3 shown + Mai the character. It's specifically the "Women Fighters" team (女性格闘家チーム) from KOF 2000.

DOA_SNK_KOF_Costumes.jpg

No other costumes from KOF have been announced.

They've usually announced/teased future costume packs with just a selection of a few designs. Isn't the first time I was surprised to find out there are actually more. (There would also be no surprise anymore if they'd crammed all designs in this teaser image.)
But I also doubt they'll make a costume for everyone. Maybe 16 again, including 2 or 3 males?

Mr Armageddon X

To be honest, I think Max needs to just stick to commentating on Capcom fighting games.
I think this guy needs to stay away from Dead or Alive altogether, he's only streaming/talking about it because it's the 20th anniversary and all he's trying to do is get more viewers/subscribers, this no talent hack couldn't give a rat's ass about the series.

Uncle_T

I think this guy needs to stay away from Dead or Alive altogether, he's only streaming/talking about it because it's the 20th anniversary and all he's trying to do is get more viewers/subscribers, this no talent hack couldn't give a rat's ass about the series.
Shit, i would do the same thing to gain subs and views if i was him. Anyway, who is Max? Never heard that name mentioned in the FGC.

The Enforcer

Anyway, who is Max? Never heard that name mentioned in the FGC.

Dang, Maximilian's been around for a while. I don't know how far back he goes, but he was doing a ton of parody stuff back when MvC3 was a big deal. It seemed like that was during his climb. I don't care for his style, so I haven't paid attention to what he's done since.

May also depend on what you check for news. I know eventhubs tends link his stuff along with Cross Counter quite a bit. They tend to be very Capcom centric. Not sure if SRK lists that stuff quite as much.

The Enforcer

I mainly check for news on KOF14, SFV, and T7 using google search engine so i guess that's why i never heard of Max.

Btw, i cant wait for KOF14 to drop.

Oh for sure, that'd do it. Eventhubs, shoryuken, and iplaywinner used to be mainstays for recent fighting news. @d3v does a great job of throwing DOA a bone on SRK. iplaywinner seemed to drop though to me. I don't really visit it any more.

I was surprised when I was more hype for KOF than SF, but now that there's even more possibility of collaboration with DOA and the sort of 'back to roots' KOF even more hype!

Uncle_T

Oh for sure, that'd do it. Eventhubs, shoryuken, and iplaywinner used to be mainstays for recent fighting news. @d3v does a great job of throwing DOA a bone on SRK. iplaywinner seemed to drop though to me. I don't really visit it any more.

I was surprised when I was more hype for KOF than SF, but now that there's even more possibility of collaboration with DOA and the sort of 'back to roots' KOF even more hype!
If/whenever you get KOF14, which team are you looking forward to playing with?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I believe we should all stop talking about that Max guy and go a bit on topic. We know he'll stay as a caveman looking for the mystical blue fire. We should just forget about it and continue on, he won't play the series anyway.

So I take it there will be more stuff to be released after the Mai content kicks in or what?

The Enforcer

If/whenever you get KOF14, which team are you looking forward to playing with?

Haven't a clue since I like so many of the characters. :)

So I take it there will be more stuff to be released after the Mai content kicks in or what?

Optimistically, I'd be nice if it followed the same pattern as Naotora and released a full crossover set same day in which case I suspect it'd be a one and done. Otherwise, it remains to be seen if it's same day as Mai and/or debatable size of the pack to coincide.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm more concerned on what the November pack will be... they're keeping it a secret since we know what were getting in july, august, September and December. Just not November...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Maybe it'll just be another normal non collaboration pack? They won't really hype it up unless it's either a DLC character, collaboration, or new stage.

Uncle_T

I was thinking about maining Mai because i dont have a female main but i changed my mind. Guess she'll be another punching bag like 90ish percent of the cast. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD