DOA5U wanted Costumes

I assume this is the closest thread we got to a "costume thread." I want to hear what you guys think of the Halloween costumes.

To contribute, TN needs to understand this: customization does NOT mean stripping away the personality of the characters. I mean, every girl already got swimsuits and most guys got the MMA trunks. The solution is easy: don't offer the same character every customization piece available in the game. Gen Fu does not need to ever wear a ninja mask, nobody needs to wear any of Rachel's earrings, Helena can keep her hairstyles and all of her hair, and Tina does not need a ninja suit. Get what I mean?

Each character can have his/her own outfits, accessories, colors, and aesthetic styles while still keeping their personalities. We're not changing their names or their win poses, but we wouldn't mind having the option of a few personal touches added to existing costumes. Ninja Gaiden Rachel breaks this rule already for them, so why not present lots of options in limited quantities? With the hair and glasses shortcuts, it's like they want to allow customization but in a bastardized way. I actually think it's something that both the East and the West can agree on, liking to customize. TN can definitely take their own approach to customizing (like the same way they approach environments and holds in DOA), and limit it the way they want while still allowing options. Everyone benefits! Sry I don't have pics; that's where you guys come in, lol.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
but I'd like Helena to have a leather black suit (or at least a jacket), like Nina Williams in the Tekken movie.
You mean this?
Tekken-Blood-Vengeance-nina-williams-23520360-750-1000.jpg

Yeah, she would look super sexy in it ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

KwonJigglypuff

You mean this?
Tekken-Blood-Vengeance-nina-williams-23520360-750-1000.jpg

Yeah, she would look super sexy in it ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Well yeah, that's the image i used in my hyperlink. :p

PS : what details would you add to the costume in order to Helenafy it a bit more ? This is maybe to plain and vulgar for her.
What about some golden fleur-de-lys on the shoulder ?

lotr9690

Sorry to change the subject but speaking of customization... This has probably been brought up but -- why can we not change costumes in story mode. They already have an interface for it. Most cutscenes are not pre-rendered (evidenced by the change in breast bounce changes). If you have more than 1 main participant in a scene just press L2 or R3 to change the character & change their clothes. I'm not buying any MORE costumes just to see them in victory poses. I miss doa3 or doa2u where you could watch some cutscenes in your favorite outfit.
Also... Over 50 bucks for outfits? Soft content? Nope. They're doing it wrong. Hate to be that guy but... No. This stuff ought to have been on disc. The school girl recolors were the last straw.

That said I don't mean this to be a dramatic gesture, it's just I think I'm gonna give up DOA. And many other video games that do this kind of stuff. If you guys still feel satisfied about this game I think that's awesome! This is not a "poor me" thing, it's just doesn't seem like a fun past time anymore :(

I'll probably drop in every once in awhile but...
Adios guys! :)

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Sorry to change the subject but speaking of customization... This has probably been brought up but -- why can we not change costumes in story mode. They already have an interface for it. Most cutscenes are not pre-rendered (evidenced by the change in breast bounce changes). If you have more than 1 main participant in a scene just press L2 or R3 to change the character & change their clothes. I'm not buying any MORE costumes just to see them in victory poses. I miss doa3 or doa2u where you could watch some cutscenes in your favorite outfit.
Also... Over 50 bucks for outfits? Soft content? Nope. They're doing it wrong. Hate to be that guy but... No. This stuff ought to have been on disc. The school girl recolors were the last straw.

That said I don't mean this to be a dramatic gesture, it's just I think I'm gonna give up DOA. And many other video games that do this kind of stuff. If you guys still feel satisfied about this game I think that's awesome! This is not a "poor me" thing, it's just doesn't seem like a fun past time anymore :(

No one is upset at you man. In fact, you're actually right. We have been swarmed with swaps (and other unneeded junk). Some fans asked TN for their favorite costumes to be in the game (*coughs* Helena's Greek Goddess Dress *coughs*), yet two plus years later it still isn't there. But, i don't think dropping the game is the right answer bro.

Brute

Standard Donor
Sorry to change the subject but speaking of customization... This has probably been brought up but -- why can we not change costumes in story mode.
'Cause no one plays story mode so it's not really a priority.

I'm not buying any MORE costumes just to see them in victory poses.
Well, the idea is that you buy the outfit to use it in game, not just to stare at the victory poses. lol

Also... Over 50 bucks for outfits? Soft content? Nope. They're doing it wrong. Hate to be that guy but... No.
"Soft content"?

Wait, you're dropping the game because of your dissatisfaction with costumes? Are you serious?

lotr9690

'Cause no one plays story mode so it's not really a priority.

Well, the idea is that you buy the outfit to use it in game, not just to stare at the victory poses. lol

"Soft content"?

Wait, you're dropping the game because of your dissatisfaction with costumes? Are you serious?
Soft content = inessential content like costumes
I understand what costumes are for. I would like to see them in cutscenes regardless of demand. I play my way you play yours! :)

I think you might be simplifying the problem -- which is understandable, i spent the whole post on costumes haha. There is a trend in video games right now where developers abuse dlc & I'm sick of it. Every dollar I spend on a game that does that tells them "the way you market, create and distribute your product is great". I don't want to say that anymore. So I'll only be buying games that release complete titles -- and it's okay if no developer does that, I just won't buy video games & fill my time with something else. My money is veeeeerry important to me. I work too hard to have it milked by a video game. I can't even believe I bought a rerelease! Hahaha oh, well! Again good luck to you guys. I'll probably check I'm every once in awhile; see what's new! :)

KwonJigglypuff

I wish there was a gallery compiling all the fan made costumes ever created (Axouel, Bakkaboi, etc.)

Like.. if people here could help me finding every costume creations they could, that would be awesome. <3

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Soft content = inessential content like costumes
I understand what costumes are for. I would like to see them in cutscenes regardless of demand. I play my way you play yours! :)

I think you might be simplifying the problem -- which is understandable, i spent the whole post on costumes haha. There is a trend in video games right now where developers abuse dlc & I'm sick of it. Every dollar I spend on a game that does that tells them "the way you market, create and distribute your product is great". I don't want to say that anymore. So I'll only be buying games that release complete titles -- and it's okay if no developer does that, I just won't buy video games & fill my time with something else. My money is veeeeerry important to me. I work too hard to have it milked by a video game. I can't even believe I bought a rerelease! Hahaha oh, well! Again good luck to you guys. I'll probably check I'm every once in awhile; see what's new! :)
I get your frustrations, yes, but DOA is not as bad as others for me NOT BECAUSE THE DLC PRICING which is, by all accounts, absurd and ridiculous. But because the essentials are there sans DLC. In 5U you don't have to have an online pass, the new stage DLC was released free, all characters are available if you buy the retail version (each with way more costumes than most fighters give you). And I agree that some characters are lacking certain costumes they should really have (even with the DLC mumbo-jumbo), I don't feel those objections warrant ditching the game. For reference, with DOA5U sans-DLC, you are still getting a better package with more characters/stages/costumes than any previous DOA game to date. You may not get all the BEST costumes, but I think it's unfair to gloss over what you do get and simply focus on TN's ridiculous DLC practices. What's more atrocious to me would be something like EA, where huge portions of the game are made unplayable unless you buy DLC (ME3). That's truly criminal.

Chapstick

If you really want to see something disappointing enough to drop a game, go check out Tales of Xillia's available dlc.

DOA's outfits are relatively cheap compared to other games, it's just that there are quite a few of them. Dlc pricing needs adjustment overall though. Outfits for any game should be less than a dollar. They would sell so much more but a lot of companies don't want to take chances (DOA and bikini dlc) and I don't really blame them with how much making a game costs. Avatars on the psn shouldn't be 50¢ either. They're cropped pictures usually of preexisting art or renders, why do they cost money at all?

David Gregg

I understand where you guys are coming from but remember a lot of players aren't buying most of those outfits just those that they want for the characters they main and/or outfits they particularly like. Overall I think they did a really good job with 5U's outfits. The only ones they missed that prevent it from being complete are:
Hayabusa's throwback (or maybe just let him be maskless for once?)
Helena's greek goddess: and I only say this not b/c I particularly care for this outfit but I know a lot of Helena fans have wanted it for a while

Max536Drago

I'd like to see...

DOAX2Arthemis.jpg
DOAX2KirRoyal.jpg
DOAX2Diamond.jpg

...and I'd like to see them distributed between Tina, Lisa and Mila, ideally. Any order is fine, except I would want Lisa wearing a lighter colored outfit.
Considering Tinas personality, I think she REALLY needs something sexy that promotes her curves and confidence. All she has now is her rare swimsuit, which isnt that great, IMO.
Milas existing red swimsuit looks really good and makes me want to see her in similarly sexy swimsuits (especially after her Halloween disaster).
Why would Mila wear these? -.-

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD