DOA6 Graphics Thread

Chisa

I'm not home so i cannot check it but did they do anything to odd holographic light in sweat stage? I remember Jann had this white light under his jaw which was kind of off consider the light comes above.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Now we know where Team Ninja's efforts to make thick, long, luscious hair goes to, lol:

Oh, and look, they can also still do high quality male character models when they are paid handsomely to do so.

Ardyn's Dissidia model looks even better than the one used in FFXV. More polygons, better hair rendering, better texturing and shading.

Holyy Ardyn looks sick. His EX skill allows him to avoid attacks from straight forward, that's pretty nuts actually lol. I made it to final rank crystal online in Dissidia and haven't played since then, but I may jump back on it when Ardyn releases.

What's interesting is that Rinoa costume was originally Amano's concept costume for Rinoa that never made it fo FFVIII. There was like some FFVIII design book and that concept was one of them that never made the cut.

Whoops, off topic. Sorry, I forgot DOA6 existed and didn't notice the thread title. Can't wait for Nioh though!

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Dissidia:

image0.gif

DOA:

source.gif

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I think it was moreso the schedule of games they had and DOA does better with DLC than retail sales.

Nioh 2 will sell more physical and digital copies. So it has the bigger names and the bigger signed checks.

Not to mention before DOA6 came out it was lavished with awards and gave the team a false sense of security.

I'm keeping positive because I want DOA to keep happening. If I have to take a lower budget game because that's the budget I will because I want new DOA games and DOA experiences.

I've purchased all of the DLC to support the Team but I'm not happy with everything the product has to offer.

I want more stages that are good. I want more mechanics to the game. 1.17 was a good start to addressing some of my issues, but ultimately there will always be unhappy people with any video game franchise.

Not all this game issues have to do with budget, a lot of visual issues are related to the artist team not caring at all about quality, being Diego's ninja costume (a DLC costume) the top offender (no scars, different skin color, larger jaw).

Yes, developing simultaneously Nioh 2, VV, that Switch Marvel game, Dissidia NT, that Dissidia gacha game and other games also affect but the thing is, why us as customers should just accept the fact that DOA6 for them is the lower priority game?.

If they can't keep it up then that isn't my problem, because I don't have to "understand" them, I bought DOA6 and I want a proper DOA game.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don’t think they should start with a project to begin with if they’re just gonna treat and label it as a “lower priority” project. Not only fans, but also regular consumers do have the right to expect the product they purchase to have a good quality.

Seeing games that are from the same company look miles better while the game you bought and play doesn’t get any improvements. And when you call them out for it, they give you these bullshit excuses.

Shining_Wave

Are DOA6 and Nioh 2 running on different engines? I used to hear something about 'soft engine' whatever that means... I'm no techie.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don’t think they should start with a project to begin with if they’re just gonna treat and label it as a “lower priority” project. Not only fans, but also regular consumers do have the right to expect the product they purchase to have a good quality.

Seeing games that are from the same company look miles better while the game you bought and play doesn’t get any improvements. And when you call them out for it, they give you these bullshit excuses.

I don't think Team NINJA has fed us excuses and while DOA does not have the quality graphics that Nioh 2 has it still has a much wider animation pool than any other fighter on the market today. More throws especially.

It's a proper DOA game that's taking longer to get to the level we wanted, but 1.17 is a strong testament that they aren't finished improving the game.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don't think Team NINJA has fed us excuses and while DOA does not have the quality graphics that Nioh 2 has it still has a much wider animation pool than any other fighter on the market today. More throws especially.

It's a proper DOA game that's taking longer to get to the level we wanted, but 1.17 is a strong testament that they aren't finished improving the game.
Instead of constantly having to wait several years for a fighting game to become good they should make it good from the start.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Instead of constantly having to wait several years for a fighting game to become good they should make it good from the start.

It takes many years to make a fighting game. I like getting it early with improvements in the future to waiting 8 years to get a single game.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Btw, why is this game size already over 50GB?, it's crazy.

SC VI 2.0 update: New battle UI, new icons for online rankings, Hilde, Hilde story chapter (voices), two new stages, a ton new moves, new effects and a few new costumes = 1GB

DOA 6 last update: Rachel, a few new fatal stuns, new close hit effect, santa bikinis and a DOA5 Hayate costume = 2GB

It's mind blowing

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Btw, why is this game size already over 50GB?, it's crazy.

SC VI 2.0 update: New battle UI, new icons for online rankings, Hilde, Hilde story chapter (voices), two new stages, a ton new moves, new effects and a few new costumes = 1GB

DOA 6 last update: Rachel, a few new fatal stuns, new close hit effect, santa bikinis and a DOA5 Hayate costume = 2GB

It's mind blowing

I didn't say it was mind blowing. I said it was an update that shows promise for future improvements.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Something that I really miss is DOA 5 catalog system. If you wanted you didn't have to download costumes that you won't buy or you don't care watching.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD