DOA6 Graphics Thread

rjqnraos19

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Screenshot 2019.12.15 - 23.21.37.59.png

z_5dece4dc36d71.jpg

DOA4.5

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Jade, Chapstick and I were watching the Game Awards together and even we as longtime DOA fans were all like "LOL" when DOA6 was nominated for best fighting game. That's so sad if you think about it...

But you only seem to think of it from one perspective and that's graphics. Like Itagaki said there are good and bad things about DOA6. I'm not shocked in any way that it's on the list. Not a lot of fighters came out. Jump Force is far more laughable than DOA6 is.

uwu

But you only seem to think of it from one perspective and that's graphics. Like Itagaki said there are good and bad things about DOA6. I'm not shocked in any way that it's on the list. Not a lot of fighters came out. Jump Force is far more laughable than DOA6 is.
I actually agree with this, I think though doa obviously wasn’t the best fighting game out there this year by a long shot them getting a spot wasn’t surprising to me. To a general audience I think the only thing different about doa at this point is it’s gameplay, that’s literally the only thing that I believe is keeping it from being a god awful game. But looking from only a graphics viewpoint isn’t a bad thing, it’s very crucial to a game and specifically doa. Dead or alive used to be the prime of graphics and that was something i used to say without shame but you can tell the developers didn’t care enough to make doa a great game, it shows.. no it leaks
that’s why it’s laughable that it’s in there. Not because it isn’t decent but because we know they could have done better.
games like jump force haven’t really ever been great but dead or alive HAS. it was a great series and to see my bby be average kills me!!

Jyu_Viole_Grace

It isn't like they downgraded the costume, it's the lightning and shaders.

The same happens with skin textures. If you zoom ingame to 800% you can barely notice that in fact there are normal maps.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Now we know where Team Ninja's efforts to make thick, long, luscious hair goes to, lol:

Oh, and look, they can also still do high quality male character models when they are paid handsomely to do so.

Ardyn's Dissidia model looks even better than the one used in FFXV. More polygons, better hair rendering, better texturing and shading.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Now we know where Team Ninja's efforts to make thick, long, luscious hair goes to, lol:

Oh, and look, they can also still do high quality male character models when they are paid handsomely to do so.

Ardyn's Dissidia model looks even better than the one used in FFXV. More polygons, better hair rendering, better texturing and shading.

Let's compare Arydn FFXV on PC to this? I played a lot of FFXV on PC and PS4 and I don't really see how the hair looks better judging from this. I think luscious is also a bit of a exaggeration. The hair looks like it hit the blow dryer too long IMO.

But uh... nice rib I guess. Didn't expect it here.o_O

Onryoki

Standard Donor

If only they let some of the guys from Dissidia work on DOA, instead of sourcing it out to a garbage 3rd party company who can’t even make the costumes from 5 fitting.

uwu

If only they let some of the guys from Dissidia work on DOA, instead of sourcing it out to a garbage 3rd party company who can’t even make the costumes from 5 fitting.
that’s what I don’t understand
from the look of it team ninja seems to be so big bc of all the games they’ve put out recently so why did they have to outsource.. idk just makes me wish there were more opportunities to see the process behind the games

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They don't need to strive with DOA6 unlike with FF NT. They can sell amateur costumes for DOA6 and sales numbers will be ok but they can't offer DOA6 quality to Square Enix or SE will just break their deal with them.

Truth is, DOA6 quality is like this because they know their fans will allow and even shield it.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Unfortunately, the truth is more grim than that. It's more accurate to say that KT really doesn't care one way or another what the fans "allow." It's pretty clear they consider TN's talent to be better spent elsewhere anyways.

If people pointed out everything that is broken they would have to fix several things in this game, like when Tyraen told them how human male navels work or how oldenorgel mocked on twitter about awful UV mapping issues in several costumes. They fixed almost all these things later on because even they know that people mocking about amateurism in your work is bad news for them in the long term, other companies could just stop working with them due low quality products.

Sadly they know most people just don't care about the usual old DOA quality in this game. So they can allow to be even lazier and invest even less resources in this game because almost no one will point them out.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
If people pointed out everything that is broken they would have to fix several things in this game, like when Tyraen told them how human male navels work or how oldenorgel mocked on twitter about awful UV mapping issues in several costumes. They fixed almost all these things later on because even they know that people mocking about amateurism in your work is bad news for them in the long term, other companies could just stop working with them due low quality products.

Sadly they know most people just don't care about the usual old DOA quality in this game. So they can allow to be even lazier and invest even less resources in this game because almost no one will point them out.

I think it was moreso the schedule of games they had and DOA does better with DLC than retail sales.

Nioh 2 will sell more physical and digital copies. So it has the bigger names and the bigger signed checks.

Not to mention before DOA6 came out it was lavished with awards and gave the team a false sense of security.

I'm keeping positive because I want DOA to keep happening. If I have to take a lower budget game because that's the budget I will because I want new DOA games and DOA experiences.

I've purchased all of the DLC to support the Team but I'm not happy with everything the product has to offer.

I want more stages that are good. I want more mechanics to the game. 1.17 was a good start to addressing some of my issues, but ultimately there will always be unhappy people with any video game franchise.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD