DOA6 Graphics Thread

Ninoasker

I counted npcs in The Throwdown stage.
There are 39~40 npcs.
15 for rumble danger(high poly), 24~25 for Background(low poly).
so....... maybe over 440,000 polygons for npcs in the Stage.
not 44,000.
Remember when we wondered why the game lagged so much back in the first beta and we thought it was just B E T A T H I N G Z?

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Lol, those boots are higher polygon and more detailed than many of the actual fighters have. I've seen some really last gen looking boots and shoes on some of the characters.

40000~60000.

That's not a big jump from DOA5 then. Characters there already were made up of about 60k polygons. Black ninja suit Kasumi was 65k polygons:

8738549ffb339e301f645774c4e36cd2.PNG

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Polygons are such a meme omfg
Can we go back to PS2/Xbox/GC-era graphics, at least with those limitations we were able to get games with cool art styles instead of trying to mimic reality all the time

On the fair side, I wouldn't mind strong graphical output though (if it doesn't mess up anything gamewise from incompetent devs go all the way for it), but if putting so much effort into it is causing me to not have fun with the game which to me is the most important thing to gaming and the reason why I bought the game is to have fun and enjoy the game for what it is, then it becomes a problem. If we have to go back to PS2 graphics on a fighting game to get the best portion out of it then so be it, but at least it has a high chance to be one of the best fighters overall.

Course, this shouldn't be an issue to begin with since many recent games has had phenomenal graphical output while having great gameplay or even story. Nowadays, games can suffer through developmental hell or pure laziness, but hey, i'm no developer so me calling them lazy could be uncalled for, but what can you do I guess lol.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
View attachment 29903

Anyone else think that Brad's head doesn't quite match his body? (Yeah, I know. They reuse the body models. But, still. They didn't even texture it differently.)
Not with Brad Wrong but I think they did with Hayate since his body's skin tone doesn't really match all that well with his head, like it's too pale but Hayate has looked off since the beginning.

And I only think they reuse body models with the girls since pretty much all of the guys have different muscle builds and areas that are more defined than others like how Bayman is built blocky and Ryu probably has the most well rounded muscle builds out of them and Hayate and Eliot have the most lean

Tyaren

Standard Donor
(Yeah, I know. They reuse the body models. But, still. They didn't even texture it differently.)

As far as I can tell there are 4 different body models that they use for the men in DOA6:

Type 1: muscular
- Ryu
- Rig
- Diego
- Jann Lee
- Zack

Type 2: slim muscular
- Brad
- Hayate
- Eliot

Type 3: heavy weight muscular
- Bayman
- Raidou

Type 4: very heavy weight muscular
- Bass

Face textures and shaders are all unique, body skin textures and shaders are reused for the characters (except Raidou). They do however alter them in color and shade for each character. I have no idea why they don't match the heads with the bodies, since they already made the effort to color and shade each body differently. Why didn't they do it properly while they were at it? :/

All in all I would however say that the body modelling of the DOA6 men is a big step up from DOA5s PS2 quality body models. And that is not even hyperbole, the cross section of a thigh was literally just hexagon shaped, lol.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD