DOA6 Graphics Thread

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Xhominid The Demon Within

??? It looks exactly like this in the 1.0.1 version. They removed the face zoom-in for the lolis and Marie's BB didn't have one of those, to begin with.

This and the females always shown they spit blood when you hit them with that type of Break Blow, all they did was make the blood away from their face on Face variants.

Jadeinchains

Oh cool that you can rotate them now, And ah so the intros and outros have been added. ( not here in Europe yet though ) as well as the wedding outfits. :) which look beautiful I might add. I'm guessing it's fair to say that the changes to how the patterns work are in as well?

All in all I'm really happy that they are working to add in as patches things like this to make the game better.

Brute

Standard Donor
Are all the new poses carried over form DOA5?
Most of DOA5's intros and outros were so fucking boring (remember Helena?).

edit: Just saw Marie and Kasumi's. They go by unnaturally fast with terrible camera angles and uninteresting animations. Honestly, I'd prefer they just use their original intros/outros exclusively. These suck.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I finally unlocked one of Kasumi's classic ninja garbs! ;__; It's the white one, which I usually love, but unfortunately it glows like radioactive in most of stages' lighting :/ Are they ever going to fix it that?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
♪ ♪ I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can so I can play ranked, and get road rage without going bliiiiind ♪ ♪

♪ ♪ And I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can so I can wear white, and keep track of all my moves ♪ ♪

tumblr_p0xtuyLqnb1w6va9co1_400.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Bayman is imo the character that turned out looking the most different and kinda weird in DOA6. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it might have something to do with DOA6's art style being more bright, colorful and plasticy than DOA5's. This look works for several characters, especially the more doll-faced girls, but for a rugged, more realistic appearing guy like Bayman it doesn't. His now saturated baby blue eyes and shiny skin look off. That being said, here a couple of photos of him and Christe trying to kill eachother. :)

47395276651_79cb69b511_o.png

47395274901_6d4ce49023_o.png

47395275531_003f182c6c_o.png

47395277081_cbbc568444_o.png

More inside the spoiler:
47395275271_7f98c00a10_o.png

47395275821_751a1c9dbc_o.png

47395276871_05f6ac55da_o.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Some Japanese 3D graphical artist are also "impressed" with the low effort Team Ninja put into DOA 6 in some areas:

I have to admit I turned dirt textures off due their low quality resolution and AV mapping ...

Dirt textures was the first thing I turned off before even starting any fight, lol. They were hideously ugly in DOA5, and they are just as ugly in DOA6. The dirt sometimes looks like ant eggs. *shudders*

In general character models were made a lot sloppier in DOA6 than in DOA5. There are errors to be found on nearly every model, if not all models. You just have to look a little closer.
Some character models even received a downgrade from DOA5. Mila's default costume model for example is made of less polygons than in DOA5:

fwdp0yus76dn7p3zg.jpg

flymf7efe46jn8dzg.jpg

lrhprck6ydml71dzg.jpg

In this case I wished they would've just ported the DOA5 model over, lol. Would've looked nicer.

Reactions: YEH

Lycanthrope -R-

Some Japanese 3D graphical artist are also "impressed" with the low effort Team Ninja put into DOA 6 in some areas:

I have to admit I turned dirt textures off due their low quality resolution and UV mapping ...
For the lulz, choose Hayabusa wearing his wrestling outfit and just look at his neck during the select animation. I can't get a picture right now, but...it is not good.

I hope this stuff gets fixed. Because...damn. But, I could easily see them treating it as a "that ship has sailed" situation and don't want to budget any more time to it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I could easily see them treating it as a "that ship has sailed" situation and don't want to budget any more time to it.

This is what I am expecting. I don't think they will rework any of the character models that are already in the game, maybe the new models going forward, like they did with the navels. On the deluxe costume models there are two navels now, just as nature intended. >__>

Speaking of deluxe costumes, I directly compared Rig's DOA5 MMA costume model with his DOA6 deluxe wrestling costume:

46687470744_0e486d871c_o.png

46687469654_3f440f2ed7_o.png

46687470344_8969d86559_o.png

46687471294_af05e04e71_o.png

The body model is a completely different one, with different proportions. I'm not sure which proportions I prefer...

Yeah, I did remove the second navel. XD I know, it goes against objectively and fairly comparing the two models, but it just triggers OCD in me, I can't help it. :( It's just so messed up...

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I also expect they fixing almost nothing until DOA6 next gen at least. Koei Tecmo can just be ... I can't help myself but just hate them sometimes.

immi

Bayman is imo the character that turned out looking the most different and kinda weird in DOA6. I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it might have something to do with DOA6's art style being more bright, colorful and plasticy than DOA5's. This look works for several characters, especially the more doll-faced girls, but for a rugged, more realistic appearing guy like Bayman it doesn't. His now saturated baby blue eyes and shiny skin look off.
interesting. I thought Bayman was one of the characters that looks reasonably well in DOA6.
JQ5KsDo.jpg

though I can see what you mean with the plastic look in your screenshots. Maybe I just got lucky with the lighting in this particular stage.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
interesting. I thought Bayman was one of the characters that looks reasonably well in DOA6.
JQ5KsDo.jpg

though I can see what you mean with the plastic look in your screenshots. Maybe I just got lucky with the lighting in this particular stage.

Yeah, a big part of DOA6's look is dependent on the lighting, which is often a bit messy. Bayman indeed looks much better in the photo in the stage Sweat. No surprise, I often do take many photos in there too. It's not too dark or bright and soft.

Ninoasker

Tbh I think DOA5 Bayman did indeed look more appealing in terms of facial structure, BUT!!!! DOA6 Bayman does also look really good, his facial structure is more sharp and rough. In fact, he does look more like a Eastern European now. He along Rig and Diego are the best looking men in 6. Maybe I’m just used to DOA5 Bayman after so many years and that’s why I see him more appealing lol, it’s like when you’re used to see how a celebrity looks and then they get surgery (like Britney Spears for example), it’s a sudden change after a long time so they may look odd at first since you need to get used to it.

Like always in this iteration, the problem where characters look off comes from the lightning rather than modeling. One of the worst stages to take pictures is Chinese Festival, the lightning there is just atrocious.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD