DOA6 Graphics Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Gen fu possibly being gone is the best thing about this reveal lmao

Why? Everyone gets old, but legends never die. I think Genfu is a good reminder to what's going to happen to each and every one of us, but if you put in that work you can fight a little longer.

His tournament presence in DOA5 will always be remembered. Thank you, Sweet Revenge for dominating the Ultimate era.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I will be sad if Genfu actually doesn't return, or even canocially dies. He's an iconic veteran of the DOA series. He brought some diversity with him among all the super young characters.
It feels so weird that at one point I was younger than all of them and now I am much older than most. XD

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Why? Everyone gets old, but legends never die. I think Genfu is a good reminder to what's going to happen to each and every one of us, but if you put in that work you can fight a little longer.

His tournament presence in DOA5 will always be remembered. Thank you, Sweet Revenge for dominating the Ultimate era.
I hate Gen fu, always did. So him being gone is a good thing, one nuisance less, besides that I despise Seigen and him not buying 6 because this cheap ass character won’t be in is also something that makes me happy.

I'll never understand you and your hatred towards Genfu l0l
He’s so fucking cheap, I hate him as a character and I hate him gameplay wise. I hate gen fu more than Jann Lee, Zack And Hayabusa.

Btw @Tyaren aren’t you like my age?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
He’s so fucking cheap
tenor.gif

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I hate Gen fu, always did. So him being gone is a good thing, one nuisance less, besides that I despise Seigen and him not buying 6 because this cheap ass character won’t be in is also something that makes me happy.

He’s so fucking cheap, I hate him as a character and I hate him gameplay wise. I hate gen fu more than Jann Lee, Zack And Hayabusa.

Btw @Tyaren aren’t you like my age?

Don't get TOO OT. I asked the question, but it's none of your business to ask for an age in the DOA Graphics thread. If this turns into another General thread I guarantee it will be locked quickly.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Yes.
27768FD4-BE27-49FA-B5ED-3336E315842D.jpeg

Don't get TOO OT. I asked the question, but it's none of your business to ask for an age in the DOA Graphics thread. If this turns into another General thread I guarantee it will be locked quickly.
I’m
8AA10CD9-4A58-431E-ACBD-070C2957C1AA.gif

Anyway back to the topic.

They really did improve the graphics in that build, too bad Brad Wong's face looks so weird.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yeah, Brad's face doesn't look very good to me right now. He will likely be a fun character, but not one that I will playing as often. Eliot not only has the best male default costume (Bayman look out) but he also looks bigger to me than he did in DOA5. Am I tripping?

KwonJigglypuff

I don't hate any DOA core characters. They have been created at some point for a purpose and they should all come back (provided they evolve in each game, otherwise don't come back yet, I actually like DLC because of this opportunity).

Gen Fu is unique but he feels rusty. Now that Eliot seems to have inherited his moves, well if TN has no idea with him in terms of fresh gameplay and story, then him meeting his death could be worked on for the narrative and relevance of the title "Dead or Alive". Our first canonically dead fighter.
But I don't wish for that, the old fart is eternal and too iconic. TN would never erase him. Any idea how to refresh him? Some Wing Chun-esque moves maybe?

Eliot's default looks amazing... Him carrying Gen Fu's spirit is conforting.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Regarding the characters' faces: They all look the exact same. It's just the new lighting and skin shaders playing tricks on you.
Brad imo looks much better with open hair though, it imo also fits his character better. So hopefully that hairstyle will be available in DOA Central day one.
Do you guys remember how much more handsome Brad was in DOA4 though?

bradwong.jpg

DOA5/6:

2348726-031.jpg

I guess that is what alcohol does to you. XD

XxSakuraLuvaxX

them talking about working on the skin shader and sweat effects is exciting because i'm tired of how shiny everyone is. eliot and brad's new outfits look super high quality with some (potentially) great textures. now we just need photos that aren't 3 pixels wide

also kasumi's ponytail here seems to be split apart like in DOA5?
..are they reading my complaints or is it just a coincidence for this specific render
QtdtX91.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
also kasumi's ponytail here seems to be split apart like in DOA5?
..are they reading my complaints or is it just a coincidence for this specific render

That's a render though. They pose and adjust the models by hand and they can take single hair strands and place them as they please. If the hair is doing that during gameplay is a whole other question.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
The trailer for Eliot was amazing, that Unforgettable stage music is so nostalgic and serene <3 Idk how big the stage will be but it must be large if it can fit danger Zone, hidden garden, DOATEC HK, Hot Zone, Gambler Paradise and Taylor Bar all under one stage asset...

Eliot has definitely came a long way tho<3 I'm really amazed on how he's evolved from DOA5 to DOA6.
elliot-screen (2).jpg

Screenshot (1516).png

Fotor_15446909018223.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD