DOA6 Graphics Thread

Jyu_Viole_Grace

The thing is DOA5 also had a lot outsourced material but it didn't go as bad as this time.

But whatever, this will be probably the last DOA game and I think after this, this franchise will be in the same place as Ninja Gaiden after Ninja Gaiden 3 and Yaiba.

TheTHCGamer

I really hope this won't be, I'd die if DOA was a dead series >.>
Believe me well get an updated version of DoA6 and it will be improved. Question is how much will it be improved? Think about it they can just add improvements and essentially resell the game.

Now if those versions bomb then yeah I dont see any point of investing in a true sequel. The base game is here though so why the hell not make improvements and sell the game everyone wanted from the start.

Let's hope the right decisions are made and quality control is improved from here on out. Remember money talks and lack of revenue just might be the wake up call they needed.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Believe me well get an updated version of DoA6 and it will be improved. Question is how much will it be improved? Think about it they can just add improvements and essentially resell the game.

Now if those versions bomb then yeah I dont see any point of investing in a true sequel. The base game is here though so why the hell not make improvements and sell the game everyone wanted from the start.

Let's hope the right decisions are made and quality control is improved from here on out. Remember money talks and lack of revenue just might be the wake up call they needed.
I just hope they keep it all on one disc like SFV did, they should make it an option to buy a whole new disc like they did since it'll be a drag having to start over just because a few changes and such have been done. And a sequel I honestly don't see happening anytime soon since DOA5 to DOA6 was a 7 year gap so there's alot they can do to just simply touch up the game in that time frame since its still only 3 months old

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I also don't want that but after playing the game, I don't find any kind of love from them, not any kind of effort or care towards the game either ... it's like they didn't want to make the game but it had to happen to just keep selling DLC costumes month after month.

The game feels without purporse beyond these season passes. They don't know what to do with the game becase probably they thought DOA was just about the fighting (which they killed imo after the last patch) and selling costumes.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

Don't limit yourself noooo. There are definitely better series out there. Issue is putting the time in them, tolerance, or a general commitment to find something you like.

It may sound like i'm bashing DOA here, but there really are games out there that have far more potential when it comes to general content or consistency. If DOA dies welp shit happens, it had it coming. If it's alive, then good.

I also don't want that but after playing the game, I don't find any kind of love from them, not any kind of effort or care towards the game either ... it's like they didn't want to make the game but it had to happen to just keep selling DLC costumes month after month.

The game feels without purporse beyond these season passes. They don't know what to do with the game becase probably they thought DOA was just about the fighting (which they killed imo after the last patch) and selling costumes.

I'll still support DOA as well as TN, but can't blame anyone with the recent events for it.

Regarding the second portion though, I have to give credit to TN regarding DOA on at least trying to steer away from the stigma when it was labeled as a titty fighter / not treated as a serious fighting game. Credit for trying to keep a spirit alive that it's a fighting game no matter the situation so i'll probably give props to that. DOA was never incredibly good when it comes to promotion while doing it's best to get out of that heavy niche+cliche loop (which is ironic since they are adding more of it). There has to be a sort of balance and TN has none of it when it comes with DOA content overall.

TN can't even catch a break with the amount of roast it has received currently where even Square Enix wants to contact an entirely different company to balance future Dissidia games, it's like yikes TN lol, the hell happened.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I'll still support DOA as well as TN, but can't blame anyone with the recent events for it.

Regarding the second portion though, I have to give credit to TN regarding DOA on at least trying to steer away from the stigma when it was labeled as a titty fighter / not treated as a serious fighting game. Credit for trying to keep a spirit alive that it's a fighting game no matter the situation so i'll probably give props to that. DOA was never incredibly good when it comes to promotion and doing it's best to get out of that heavy niche+cliche loop (which is ironic since they are adding more of it). There has to be a sort of balance and TN has none of it when it comes with DOA content overall.

TN can't even catch a break with the amount of roast it has received currently where even Square Enix wants to contact an entirely different team to balance future Dissidia games, it's like yikes TN lol, the hell happened.

That was their first big mistake, pushing the "toning down" narrative too much to the point they had to do that in EVO Japan so that way at least people would talk about DOA 6, because before EVO Japan this game was just a meme (you know, Dead on Arrival 6).

If they want to try DOA 6 Ultimate they should just look at DOA 6 and realize almost every single decision about this game was wrong. From marketing, to graphics, gameplay (making it simpler was a mistake) and content.

I will wait to see what they have to say about the second season roadmap and if they just plan to add little things again I will just forget about this game and I will play to DOA5 LR from time to time when I want to play an actual good DOA game. Right now I won't even buy KOF characters because I don't want to support ... this thing.

Chaos

Yep, in DOA5 the straps were still blue just like the bow:

warriors-all-stars-v1-495340.jpg

The models are full of such oversights and errors...

33393403858_3e21ef1182_o.png

33644820638_2f319472c9_o.png

They did really sloppy work, and they aren't ever going to fix it, because the overseas studio that is doing the character models for Team Ninja simply doesn't care.

By the way, when I compared the Kasumi models some time ago I also noticed legs and butt are lower polygon in DOA6 for some reason. Now you can clearly see sharp polygon edges that weren't visible in DOA5. Same goes for Mila's model:

View attachment 28666

View attachment 28667

View attachment 28668

Why would you even go out of your way to reduce the polygon count and general quality in reused charcater models one generation ahead?

CQWY.gif
I'm still surprise that TN let a different group of artists work on the character models. Such a big mistake and quite disgusting......wtf TN smh.

Tina's hair....... what the absolute fuck?! I thought Tekken 7 character's hair was bad.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It actually pains me to see how DOA6 turned out. I had such high hopes for this game, yet here it is. Being the one DOA game I regret the most. Fuck! Even DOAXVV is better looking than DOA6.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

They updated her costume to how it looks in KOF XIV which is a nice.

Both her and Kula have great details in their costumes. I would love to see that same detail in DOA characters.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They worked really hard on both of them.

Mai's DOA6 animations are much more wooden than in DOA5 though.
There are some smaller details that make the DOA5 version more fluid and natural. And it is the small details that really makes character animation and expression. In the DOA5 version Mai tilts her head, makes a little nod, and just so slightly shifts her body weight, in DOA6 her head and body are more static. In DOA5 she blinks several times and follows us with her eyes constantly, in DOA6 Mai first stares blankly into the distance, then blinks, and then looks at us. That feels more robotic and unnatural.

Addictrian

And bottom hems physics are needed in so many DOA costumes ...

I'm honestly surprised with both Mai and Kula. Mainly Kula since it's a new model.

They worked really hard on both of them.
Lets hope they are working on all the existing DOA Characters and Reboot them ( Males included).
They can do something good if they put Effort in it (Kulas Hair look great ) ----I think Kula is the stupidest Choice ever to come as the second DLC Character but the Asian Fans will love it. :(

All i can say about Kula : Hair looks great .

So they did dissapoint me again and again and again .

Team Ninja u better come up with better Costumes ( Individual,Classic,Contest) New Stages more customisation Options Tag Battle and Another Crossover DLCWith Tekken or Virtua Fighteror Street Fighter ,DLC Characteres mainly preferd MAAAAAAAAAAAALES !!! for Season 2 (Individual Costume Purchase NO Fucking Copy Paste Costumes anymore and No Charching for DLC we bought in DOA5 ...................whats wrong with you ? )

And pls finally grow up ! And listen !

Damn Boy .

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Mai's DOA6 animations are much more wooden than in DOA5 though.
There are some smaller details that make the DOA5 version more fluid and natural. And it is the small details that really makes character animation and expression. In the DOA5 version Mai tilts her head, makes a little nod, and just so slightly shifts her body weight, in DOA6 her head and body are more static. In DOA5 she blinks several times and follows us with her eyes constantly, in DOA6 Mai first stares blankly into the distance, then blinks, and then looks at us. That feels more robotic and unnatural.

I think she's first talking to the opponent and then she looks at camera.

Lets hope they are working on all the existing DOA Characters and Reboot them ( Males included).
They can do something good if they put Effort in it (Kulas Hair look great ) ----I think Kula is the stupidest Choice ever to come as the second DLC Character but the Asian Fans will love it. :(

All i can say about Kula : Hair looks great .

So they did dissapoint me again and again and again .

Team Ninja u better come up with better Costumes ( Individual,Classic,Contest) New Stages more customisation Options Tag Battle and Another Crossover DLCWith Tekken or Virtua Fighteror Street Fighter ,DLC Characteres mainly preferd MAAAAAAAAAAAALES !!! for Season 2 (Individual Costume Purchase NO Fucking Copy Paste Costumes anymore and No Charching for DLC we bought in DOA5 ...................whats wrong with you ? )

And pls finally grow up ! And listen !

Damn Boy .

I don't know if this is any indication of anything but watching Kasumi's blue costume in the trailer, I don't see these awful UV mapping issues.

Maybe they just skipped all these frames but this blue costume looked awful when I still played the game in comparison with DOA 5.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm still surprise that TN let a different group of artists work on the character models. Such a big mistake and quite disgusting......wtf TN smh..

Woa wait a minute, has it been confirmed that DOA6 characters was done by completely developers within TN? TN consists of 3 divisions I hear for developing games since they are not a big group. Where did someone get the information that it was a different group?

I mean for start, how do we know it's not the same exact group because they could have hired 1-2 new guys but have majority of the same people.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Woa wait a minute, has it been confirmed that DOA6 characters was done by completely developers within TN? TN consists of 3 divisions I hear for developing games since they are not a big group. Where did someone get the information that it was a different group?

I mean for start, how do we know it's not the same exact group because they could have hired 1-2 new guys but have majority of the same people.

The artists listed under character and environment art in the game credits have mainly Chinese/Vietnamese names, which points to a Chinese/Vietnamese studio doing that work. If I remember correctly @Project Bokuho also mentioned that he asked Master about it and he confirmed there was outsourcing to another studio or other studios.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The artists listed under character and environment art in the game credits have mainly Chinese/Vietnamese names, which points to a Chinese/Vietnamese studio doing that work. If I remember correctly @Project Bokuho also mentioned that he asked Master about it and he confirmed there was outsourcing to another studio or other studios.

Gotcha, it all makes sense now. That's a new one, I....did not quite expect this from TN. Damn.

Monkeygigabuster

It is Koei Techmo Viet Nam(in my country) and Koei Techmo China to be more precised.Koei Techmo expanded those 2 studios a long time ago.
Even I considered applying to Koei Techmo Viet Nam back then.
Those two studios are mostly making models (character and stage assets) so Team Ninja can focus handle on main thing(i.e gameplay,coding,etc)
Did you know that 3/4 of Nioh stage assets was created by Koei Techmo Viet Nam!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD