DOA6 Graphics Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They actually messed Kasumi's hair up pretty badly. It's of noticaby lower quality than in DOA5:

u57avb4d9q8jmotzg.jpg

kw3zktz2xmabaxlzg.jpg

dwadcf4wa9ktl33zg.jpg

It is lower resolution, it is less detailed and it has some weird artifacting going on. Sucks for Kasumi fans, but I think other characters are affected as well. I noticed some bad texturing on Hayate as well. I might make that comparison next.

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
They render the character models in the ranked match select screen in lower resolution, don't they?
I guess it's to make them load faster, but they look worse than in the normal char select/main menu… kinda feel the actual models during gameplay look better than those, but not sure.

SaihateDYNAMO

They actually messed Kasumi's hair up pretty badly. It's of noticaby lower quality than in DOA5:

u57avb4d9q8jmotzg.jpg

kw3zktz2xmabaxlzg.jpg

dwadcf4wa9ktl33zg.jpg

It is lower resolution, it is less detailed and they have some weird artifacting going on. This is really shoddy work. Sucks for Kasumi fans, but I think other characters are affected as well. I noticed some bad texturing on Hayate as well. I might make that comparison next.
I hope this as well as those Ayane textures is because this is a demo and they wanted to make the file size as small as they possibly could? And wow now that I’m really looking at Kasumi’s new face it looks less slim?

Macca Beam

I love her new face, she actually looks a lot more Asian and looks native to her home country now. A beautiful more rounder face, softer features along with a warmer golden undertones in her skin complexion. She was on the pale, pinkish side on DOA5 lol
You took the words right out of my mouth. Rounder face, smaller mouth, shorter nose, warmer skin tone (almost back to how these features used to be pre-5), and there's even a bit of visible cheeks(!). Much better than the combination of gigantic eyes and gigantic mouth on an overly slim face (though I still saw a bit of this in the renders) that just looks like an anorexic Final Fantasy heroine.

My only problem now is the eyebrows need to loosen the hell up. You don't make that kind of frown without also crushing your glabella, and there's no need to look that angry all the time
and the hair is still thin

ShinobiOfTheWind

You took the words right out of my mouth. Rounder face, smaller mouth, shorter nose, warmer skin tone (almost back to how these features used to be pre-5), and there's even a bit of visible cheeks(!). Much better than the combination of gigantic eyes and gigantic mouth on an overly slim face (though I still saw a bit of this in the renders) that just looks like an anorexic Final Fantasy heroine.

My only problem now is the eyebrows need to loosen the hell up. You don't make that kind of frown without also crushing your glabella, and there's no need to look that angry all the time
and the hair is still thin
So I'm the only one to prefer Kasumi in DOA5 ahah. Her face was more realistic imo, and her hair was brown, as I knew her in DOA1. I'm just glad her DOa6 loose hair is better than her DOA5 one. Even if I do agree with almost every posts concerning the quality of her hair. I'm really upset. But I'm even more disappointed by my main boy Hayate, his hair is just hideous. I really hope they'll fix it !

Tyaren

Standard Donor
But I'm even more disappointed by my main boy Hayate, his hair is just hideous. I really hope they'll fix it !

I have to agree unfortunately. Hayate's hair looks bad if you zoom in just a bit, very low resolution and pixelated.

45986058104_4b294b8e37_o.png

It is especially jarring if you look at the high quality face in contrast. Beautiful, smooth modelling and great texturing and shading. You can see pores and little wrinkles on his nose bridge.
It seems as if they simply took the DOA5 hair textures, ran a sharpening filter over them, which makes the textures appear crisper, but also highlights all the flaws they had in the first place, then some image compression/image quality loss happend along the way and they put it without much further editing in DOA6. :/
I simply don't understand it, because they actually made the effort to remodel the hair with more polygons, but slapped the old, low res textures on them.

Serving sparse n loose hair. ‍we stan a balding queen.

Lol
So are those weird, pixelated patches supposed to be bald spots?

6cl151kcwc2dja1zg.jpg

(Left DOA5, right DOA6)

Last edited:

Ninoasker

Lol
So are those weird, pixelated patches supposed to be bald spots?

6cl151kcwc2dja1zg.jpg

(Left DOA5, right DOA6)
nah silly, those pixelated patches are actually the hair extensions’ clips! What did you think, that she could let her hair grow naturally after balding in DOA5?

PS: They did my man Hayate so dirty with that hair I’m so mad rn. First Diego’s beard gets like 3 hairs on it and now this. Stop bullying handsome men TN!!!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD