DOA6 Graphics Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay guys and gals, your time to support the quest for navels in DOA6 has come! :D Please like/retweet!

Diego_Navel.jpg

Leifang12

Now that people have pointed it out... I'm kind of disappointed that they're reusing a lot of the same assets and only updating them (or in some cases, downgrading). I wish they would have taken another leap like they did from DOA4 to DOA5.

I feel like it’s gonna be very difficult for TN to top the transition from DOA4 to DOA5! They changed art style from the anime style to a more realistic anime style ! We were surprised to see the new art style and it looked great ! Going from DOA5 to DOA6 is gonna be difficult since it already has a “realistic” anime style qualities to it’s art style .

If I were to say, what they could have improved on, it’s the animation of newer characters, stage transition animations in stages, the size-depth of stages and the new characters aesthetic ! NiCO is a copy and paste of Marie and Honoka and Diego is a boring street rat character . I want more ! More charisma, uniqueness, nerve and way different from what we already have !

Last edited:

zoo

I feel like it’s gonna be very difficult for TB to top the transition form DOA4 to DOA5! They changed art style from the anime style to the more realistic anime style ! We were surprised to see the new art style and it looks good ! Going from DOA5 to DOA6 is gonna be difficult since it already has a “realistic” anime style queasily too it’s art style .
Yeah tbh what more can they really do? the look from DOA2 to DOAD was pretty much the same just updated slightly, same thing here. DOA5's designs are basically the new standard for DOA models and I'm fine with that. Any more realistic and it'd just be weird

human013

Don't know how accurate the twitter translation is or if this is the guy's real account but:
"I'll sneak in, but I'm testing the online Beta France now. It should have been a lot of trouble because it was built more than a month ago, thank you for playing even in such. I'm playing DOA6 Online Beta in France now. Thank you!"
It will probably look better upon release? I hope it does.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Asset reuse smh lazy devs. It’s mostly a rehash of 5lr.

View attachment 27195

I don't get the picture... is you responding to your own ridiculous comment?

All fighters rehash material and have sense the beginning of each start of each franchise. It's going to happen. Calling the devs lazy is an odd choice of words imo. The game should be delayed a few months. When Itagaki was making Ninja Gaiden II he said it took the team up to two weeks to design a single animation.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Asset reuse smh lazy devs. It’s mostly a rehash of 5lr.

View attachment 27195
I don't think so, DOA6 looks way better than DOA5 xD

I put two comparisons in the spoilers and from what I've seen they're definitely overhauling and refining whatever they can. The only thing that seems reused would be the hair but even then it's improved over DOA5. If you want to see a game actually reuse assets, look at Soul Calibur 6 and Tekken 7 xD they reused alot of the same stuff from before and it shows since alot of the old stuff looks almost ported in and T7's models look so primitive and rough when you compare it to DOA6 and SC6

Don't know how accurate the twitter translation is or if this is the guy's real account but:
"I'll sneak in, but I'm testing the online Beta France now. It should have been a lot of trouble because it was built more than a month ago, thank you for playing even in such. I'm playing DOA6 Online Beta in France now. Thank you!"
It will probably look better upon release? I hope it does.
I believe that's his real account, and the game will look better even tho at this point they could release it and I wouldn't be complaining about how it looks now

zoo

If you want to see a game actually reuse assets, look at Soul Calibur 6 and Tekken 7 xD they reused alot of the same stuff from before and it shows since alot of the old stuff looks almost ported in and T7's models look so primitive and rough when you compare it to DOA6 and SC6
This. I get wanting the game to look better but DOA fans forget they have the best looking 3D fighter out there. I personally think the game looks great for what it is and what they could afford. But like I can understand since the xbox titles were straight up gorgeous in visuals, kinda has us spoiled

Ninoasker

This. I get wanting the game to look better but DOA fans forget they have the best looking 3D fighter out there. I personally think the game looks great for what it is and what they could afford. But like I can understand since the xbox titles were straight up gorgeous in visuals, kinda has us spoiled
Agree. In pictures, everything looks like it could be better, but playing the beta I noticed that when everything is moving, it actually looks gorgeous and those “flaws” ain’t really that big of a deal (until you do some screencaps where the whole low res textures and shit obviously comes out lol). Idk, I think they’ve done a good job and even if it could be better, I’ll take 6 happily. However, I do hope that the final release gets rid of all the visual annoyances like low res hair textures and ugly sweat.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Every game picture looks better than the actual gameplay, it seems like people forget that those pictures get edited to look better as well.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I really hope rig is a grower instead of a shower....

Every progress TN's artists made in the Valentines DLC in DOA5 seems to be reversed again. Completely flat ken dolls, missing navels, weird overall anatomy. I honestly think TN's artists have either forgotten how to model male character models since DOA5 or they left and were replaced by new ones who have no clue or don't care. At this point I honestly miss the low poly models of DOA5. They weren't perfect either but overall they looked more natural:

d9scr15-b2424aec-b3c8-4339-8198-67a0aacd5c31.png

A little update on the navel tweet to Team Ninja and Master:
Master actually replied to the tweet and told me he would contact the developer team about it.

At least something, I do really appreciate his high engagement with the community. Though I doubt they will be able to fix it...

Thank you to everyone that supported the tweet. :)

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Sad for him :p ...............Hope they polish that till Release . A little bigger should be okay with the Censorship Crap !!!
We al know he bottoms for Diego but at least have him have something, am I right?
Every progress TN's artists made in the Valentines DLC in DOA5 seems to be reversed again. Completely flat ken dolls, missing navels, weird overall anatomy. I honestly think TN's artists have either forgotten how to model male character models since DOA5 or they left and were replaced by new ones who have no clue or don't care. At this point I honestly miss the low poly models of DOA5. They weren't perfect either but overall they looked more natural:

d9scr15-b2424aec-b3c8-4339-8198-67a0aacd5c31.png

A little update on the navel tweet to Team Ninja and Master:
Master actually replied to the tweet and told me he would contact the developer team about it.

At least something, I do really appreciate his high engagement with the community. Though I doubt they will be able to fix it...

Thank you to everyone that supported the tweet. :)
The male anantomy in 6 looks a bit strange, but I do like the fact that the muscles and abs look more defined, too bad the navel is just above the pubic hair, which is really unrealistic and dumb. The tekken males might look like those blow up sex dolls but at least their bodies are anatomically correct.
9EDC19BF-52CF-476B-A583-77839BC80D33.jpeg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
We al know he bottoms for Diego but at least have him have something, am I right?

The male anantomy in 6 looks a bit strange, but I do like the fact that the muscles and abs looks more defined, too bad the navel is just above the pubic hair, which is really unrealistic and dumb. The tekken makes might look like those blow up sex dolls but at least their bodies are anatomically correct.
View attachment 27201

The musculature in Tekken 7 is very exaggerated, as if the characters were pro bodybuilders instead of fighters, but at least every muscle and navel is where it belongs.
I do prefer the SoulCalibur anatomy for male character, even though they unfortunately ripped the models straight out of SC4/SC5. :/

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The musculature in Tekken 7 is very exaggerated, as if the characters were pro bodybuilders instead of fighters, but at least every muscle and navel is where it belongs.
I do prefer the SoulCalibur anatomy for male character, even though they unfortunately ripped the models straight out of SC4/SC5. :/
I actually prefer the anatomy of Injustice/Mortal Kombat for the male characters. So far they look the most natural to me.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I actually prefer the anatomy of Injustice/Mortal Kombat for the male characters. So far they look the most natural to me.

The Injustice 2 models and graphics in general are a league above everything that we've seen in T7, SC6 and DOA6 in general. NetherRealm Studios put a lot of time, money and effort into turning the rather ugly IJ1 art style in something really beautiful.

i2__aquaman_by_anubisdhl_dc16n7h-pre.jpg

i2__black_canary___v2_by_anubisdhl_dbxtdi8-pre.jpg

It's already obvious they will even top this in Mortal Kombat 11.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD