DOA6 Graphics Thread

Xion

The physics aren't that advanced that they change with wetness level, lol, also wet hair would stick to her shoulder and not flop down like that. They simply downgraded the physics as with so much else.

I think it might be a bug, if you look at honoka its no different and flows down much better..and also the cloth physics look good this time but were not seeing Eliot..

the main things I want to see fixed are -hair in general, Hitomis floppy hair, eliots broken cloth physics, maries broken hair physics and how no one gets instantly soaked when they fall into water.

Leclair

I feel the opposite, I like long dresses in fighting games and I wish they would do them more often. I love the concept of Kokoro's regular kimono, but the way they executed it is bleh so I never use it! The only reason they look like oversized pajamas with huge sleeves is because the physics engine apparently can't handle making her kimono flow like silk anymore so it's like they changed the material to something thicker. Compare this:

to how the kimono looks in that recent Taipei Game Show footage. To me, her sleeves blend in with everything perfectly in DOA4. I feel like I bring up the dress physics too much but man, what could have been... and yes I know why you can't normally use the kimono in DOA4, but we're in 2019 now, not 2005 so they should have figured out a way to make it at least somewhat decent without straining the game.
the flowy physics is still in the game (doa4) ish. kokos/leifangs ribbons moves like doa4.

ShinobiOfTheWind

Christie’s White/Silver hair and those Ice blue eyes, giving her that dangerous killer vibe make her 10 times prettier than Tina. Tina is pretty but in DOA6 Christie is definitely one of the best looking female characters in the roster. She, Nyotengu, Helena and Lisa are the best looking. Kokoro would’ve been pretty if they kept her old face and made her grey eyes stand out more.
I disagree on aspects. Christie is really the queen in DOA6 concerning graphics. But i disagree a lot for Nyotengu ! Her hair isn't good, I prefered her DOA5 look (she was way more badass, sexy and mature (mainly her eyes and face shape)).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I disagree on aspects. Christie is really the queen in DOA6 concerning graphics. But i disagree a lot for Nyotengu ! Her hair isn't good, I prefered her DOA5 look (she was way more badass, sexy and mature (mainly her eyes and face shape)).
Yeah I'm not much a fan of Nyo's look in DOA6 tbh, idk why but her eyes look strange and dilated, like she's been smoking weed/doing coke which is unsettling imo, Nicki Minaj had that same look in her eyes in 2018 and it kinda looked off

Screenshot_2019-01-26-10-07-09~2.png

Her eyes look so strange now, like she's high or something, I mean she looks a bit "darker" but they should make her eyes less intense and less dead looking

Last edited:

ShinobiOfTheWind

Yeah I'm not much a fan of Nyo's look in DOA6 tbh, idk why but her eyes look strange amd dilated, like she's been smoking weed/doing coke which is unsettling imo, Nicki Minaj had that same look in her eyes in 2018 and it kind looked off

View attachment 27475

Her eyes look so strange now, like she's high or something, I mean she looks a bit "darker" but they should make her eyes less intense and less dead looking
This picture reminds me of SF x) The graphics are really bad on Nyotengu. I'm glad I'm not alone to think my way.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
You do realise KL only likes your comments because you disagree with me and because you clearly want to start the hair discussion again, right?

Hold_Junkie93

You do realise KL only likes your comments because you disagree with me and because you clearly want to start the hair discussion again, right?
Isn't hair the hardest thing to get right in video games? That's why it is usually ignored after being discussed the first time. It is more about whether you're contempt with how it looks. I know I am not paying attention to it in battle! Not even the bikinis. That would be a mistake. Out of all the FGs this console gen, where would you rank DoA? I know SFV is dead last. (Looking at you, Ken)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Isn't hair the hardest thing to get right in video games? That's why it is usually ignored after being discussed the first time. It is more about whether you're contempt with how it looks. I know I am not paying attention to it in battle! Not even the bikinis. That would be a mistake. Out of all the FGs this console gen, where would you rank DoA? I know SFV is dead last. (Looking at you, Ken)
I am not sure what you want from me, but to answer your question. DOA is #1 to me, I love this game and I love this forum (with the exception of a few people). I love many FG’s but I have a special connection with DOA. Graphics wise MK11 looks the best to me, 2nd place is Injustice 2, 3rd DOA 5&6, 4th Soul Calibur, 5th DBFZ, 6th Tekken 7, 7th SFV.

Hold_Junkie93

I am not sure what you want from me, but to answer your question. DOA is #1 to me, I love this game and I love this forum (with the exception of a few people). I love many FG’s but I have a special connection with DOA. Graphics wise MK11 looks the best to me, 2nd place is Injustice 2, 3rd DOA 5&6, 4th Soul Calibur, 5th DBFZ, 6th Tekken 7, 7th SFV.
I meant in terms of the hair...Which looking at it, is more of a matter with the graphics style, not so much the graphics. 3D games aiming to be more about realism in nature it is.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I meant in terms of the hair...Which looking at it, is more of a matter with the graphics style, not so much the graphics. 3D games aiming to be more about realism in nature it is.
I am not the one you should ask that since I don’t really care about hair. Never did, never will. As long as it looks good I am fine with it. Still let’s not turn this into a hair discussion AGAIN, because quite frankly, I am tired of it.

Hold_Junkie93

I am not the one you should ask that since I don’t really care about hair. Never did, never will. As long as it looks good I am fine with it. Still let’s not turn this into a hair discussion AGAIN, because quite frankly, I am tired of it.
I like females with short hair in fighters, so, I can't really attempt to discuss much in terms of that anyway. I mean, how many times we will spread light on lighting improvements? It's another thing to talk about. I never payed attention to lighting enough to say it's a deciding factor on my enjoyment of a game. I'll talk about it if it's in a thread. What's there to talk about in terms of graphics? Can I bring up the HUD? It seems just as pointless to mention. You want a nice aesthetic to the presentation though of course. We've covered ray tracing. Check. We've talked about hair. Defo check. We've talked about sweat, Hakan says hi. Check.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The graphics aren’t the best but of all the fighting games but DOA is the best 3D fighter of this generation. I do wish they paid a little more detail to stuff like Nyotengu’s wings, the male Anatomy in terms of where their belly button is and how the sweat/getting wet works. Characters get very sweaty in a very short time period which is a bit ehh. I’m happy there’s a setting to turn it off. Same With the blood.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
The graphics aren’t the best but of all the fighting games but DOA is the best 3D fighter of this generation. I do wish they paid a little more detail to stuff like Nyotengu’s wings, the male Anatomy in terms of where their belly button is and how the sweat/getting wet works. Characters get very sweaty in a very short time period which is a bit ehh. I’m happy there’s a setting to turn it off. Same With the blood.

I would argue that it is. IF I want beautiful landscapes I will play the older DOAs. Not all of the levels are messed up in DOA6, but that is where it is at its weakest. The characters definitely look better than any other 3D fighter, and the environments are actually close despite having 10x more things going on in them.

Graphically, I think 'Unforgettable' looks the worst, but it has so much going on it that it couldn't do everything. All DOA6 really needs is that coat of polish and it will probably be golden... but that's me being optimistic.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I would argue that it is. IF I want beautiful landscapes I will play the older DOAs. Not all of the levels are messed up in DOA6, but that is where it is at its weakest. The characters definitely look better than any other 3D fighter, and the environments are actually close despite having 10x more things going on in them.

Graphically, I think 'Unforgettable' looks the worst, but it has so much going on it that it couldn't do everything. All DOA6 really needs is that coat of polish and it will probably be golden... but that's me being optimistic.
Nice to see you optimistic for a change. DOA does need some polish, especially the real victims of DOA6 aka Nyotengu’s wings. The stages always could’ve looked better but at least the stages aren’t like SCVI’s and T7’s.

Dr PaC

Kokoro fighting Akira is a reference to his fighting style and Aoi being Akira's childhood friend. That I'm sure of. If Akira and Aoi had a kid, that kid would be Kokoro. VF ain't so good at keeping people up with the lore. I don't play Aoi, so, I didn't bother with hers. It's not the outfit per se, more about the theme that I'm getting at. It isn't unique in the sense of the execution. It's like Hockey and Soccer. (Rugby and Football better example perhaps) Looks different, plays different, same execution in concept.
But who would win in a fight? Kokoro or Aoi?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
TBF, that's easily remedied on PC. Something tells me that DOA's graphical woes won't be.

If anything the graphical flaws will be even more apparent in crisp and clear 4K, lol. Anyone hoping the awful lighting, the messed up physics, the recycled low polygon models and the recycled low resolution textures will be improved on PC is in for a rude awakening.

At least there are modding possibilities on PC though...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD