DOA6 Graphics Thread

typing_wasted

I think their file update system is incredibly broken as well. That's why you're seeing gigabytes of data for puny new content which doesn't justify the size increase IMHO.

rjqnraos19

cats.jpg

Because DOA6's every costumes has their own body textures even though the 3d model is perfectly same each other.
ex)
kascos001_body_blahblaha
kascos001_body_blahblaha
kascos001_body_blahblaha
kascos001_body_blahblaha
kascos001_body_blahblaha = almost 14mb

That's why the diego has different texture his ninja costume.
WHAT THE PUCK is wrong with Team Ninja.
why the textures are not shared? is this really necessary? this ruin their game.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

View attachment 30073

Because DOA6's every costumes has their own body textures even though the 3d model is perfectly same each other.
ex)
kascos001_body_blahblaha
kascos001_body_blahblaha
kascos001_body_blahblaha
kascos001_body_blahblaha
kascos001_body_blahblaha = almost 14mb

That's why the diego has different texture his ninja costume.
WHAT THE PUCK is wrong with Team Ninja.
why the textures are not shared? is this really necessary? this ruin their game.
Not surprised, considering the quality isn't consistent and varies from costume to costume (the whole "navel vs no navel vs barely visible navel" depending of the chosen costume as an example), it was obvious something like this was going on lmao. Imagine outsourcing one of your biggest IPs to a studio that can't even make a proper base model that uses the same exact base body texture... yikes

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Not surprised, considering the quality isn't consistent and varies from costume to costume (the whole "navel vs no navel vs barely visible navel" depending of the chosen costume as an example), it was obvious something like this was going on lmao. Imagine outsourcing one of your biggest IPs to a studio that can't even make a proper base model that uses the same exact base body texture... yikes

Yeah, though it's definitely a multitude of reasons. There is some positive, but way more negative knocks than positive ones for sure via DOA6 vanilla.

Ninoasker

The Nioh 2 team of Team Ninja can do thick and beautiful hair...

49426207847_c0dd5d9a64_o.jpg

And they can also do detailed and atmospheric environments. Imagine DOA6 stages looking like this... *sighs*

49425516483_0443643ec7_o.jpg

49425987151_2b0eb8f7ea_o.jpg

49425516618_e662668b42_o.jpg
Funny how they can do shit like this in a game where you're supposed to explore these sceneries, meaning the console/pc has to constantly render lots of parts from these and can heavily impactful in the performance, while in DOA6, a fighting game where they can easily make pretty backgrounds where they don't even need to model everything from every perspective cause we will never be able to reach it anyways (outside of the ones with danger zones ofc) we get shit like a claustrophobic box-like street stage with pretty much no detail outside of boundaries that we can admire and with a literal fully black backdrop (with no stars, clouds or even the fucking moon) acting as the "night sky" or a lab stage with a danger zone that pretty much makes you respawn on the same stage over and over again cause it has no other variations that can be swapped in when you get thrown throughout the crystal window thingy lmaoooo

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Whenever I think of DOA at this point I just sigh. I’m glad I’m focusing on other games more like Mortal Kombat who clearly seem to give a fuck about their game.

KnacKrover

Seeing Nioh 2 and DOA6 have totally different graphic designs these makes me feel question why? So I am confusion! :confused:

This (Nioh 2) is AAA and this (DOA6) not AAA for TN

moumoua

The illuminant is so ugly in this game. We can't see any texture in her skin. And they even nerfed her butt. Even the VV's graphics is better than doa6. Yohei Shimbori has ruined this game.
ERp7h8UW4AU-E34.jpeg

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Malnourished on the left and a nice butt on the right. If they are going to put her in a bikini for her default outfit the ass might as well match the breasts. Team NINJA struggles with curves in the fighting games because of the more varied animations than VV IMO. Breasts are not the issues for them because they aren't connected to anything but the chest.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The illuminant is so ugly in this game. We can't see any texture in her skin. And they even nerfed her butt. Even the VV's graphics is better than doa6. Yohei Shimbori has ruined this game. View attachment 30416

Well, first of all one has to mention that the DOA6 image is heavily compressed, the DOAXVV image is too, but not as badly, so the DOA6 image lost a good deal of detail that is actually in the game when you play it in an uncompressed manner.
That being said, yes, the overexposed lighting of DOA6 washes out the entire image and makes the character model appear much flatter and undetailed than in DOAXVV, which has more gradients and depth to its image. DOA6 just has really stark, unattractive lighting, with a yellow tint to it.

You can see it it in this comparison as well:

u57avb4d9q8jmotzg.jpg

It's just ugly, the skin is yellow, the sky isn't even really blue in DOA6.

Secondly, DOAXVV uses the same models as DOAX3 and DOA5, they just increased the polygon count of butts and breasts over DOA5, but in general the models are the same. And DOA5 has much more...for a lack of a better word "chunkier" character models for both men and women. You can clearly see how much slimmer Tamaki is in general in DOA6 compared to DOAXVV. I have to admit I personally like the girls being slimmer in DOA6 (I don't like the guys being slimmer also though, lol), because I felt they had really chunky arms and legs and their heads sometimes felt a little small in comparison. At the same time they do also have less curves in DOA6 though. I guess that's a big deal breaker for some, lol.

One clearly improved thing to mention though, and I immediately noticed it when watching the Tamaki teaser: She does now have the DOA6 hands for female characters. They are much finer and elegant than the big paws of the DOA5 models. ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD