DOA6 Story Discussion

Xhominid The Demon Within

OH NO! NOT ANOTHER SHITTY MOBILE GAME!!!

(The raging fanboy is screaming right now)

The story of this new game already makes NO SENSE at all. So this stupid mobile DOA game takes place after DOA 5, but before DOA 6, and Kasumi is taken back in time to defeat Phase 4 and stop its mass production.

But in DOA 5, Phase 4 is only shown once, and never really does anything, and in DOA 6, she's not even there. It's just clones of a clone, which they already show that Phase 4 is ALREADY being mass produced. (I know it sounds stupid, but that sounds about right).

So if Kasumi kills Phase 4 in the parallel world that is the past and manages to stop the mass production, HOW THE HELL DOES PHASE 4 STILL BE MASS PRODUCED IN THE SEQUEL, DOA 6?!?!

WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!

(panting)

ITAGAKI, PLEASE SAVE US FROM THESE SHITTY ABOMINATIONS OF DOA GAMES.
Calm your goddamn tits dude, it's obvious it's just a shit port and it's not canon to anything.
I'm not even sure if it's actually licensed at all by Koei Tecmo or Team Ninja(because China is known for not giving a fuck and the smartphone title is only for those areas atm... I wonder why...)

Second actually LISTEN to what you said and think of the contradictions... for all of the faults people said with Team Ninja's handling of DOA5 and DOA6, not one of them was due to contradictions of the lore. Do you really believe that now of all times they are going to do some alternate universe nonsense which doesn't even work because Phase 4 is the final project of the supersoldier project BUT she's almost ready to go into mass production and even has Raidou's copy abilities on top of that?
Why in the hell would they do something so insane and call it canon of all things?
And finally and most importantly... the game isn't coming to Japan... it's not coming out for either America or Japan. Slow your shit and it's obvious that this is a Chinese cashgrab and that's it.

Calm your goddamn tits dude, it's obvious it's just a shit port and it's not canon to anything.
I'm not even sure if it's actually licensed at all by Koei Tecmo or Team Ninja(because China is known for not giving a fuck and the smartphone title is only for those areas atm... I wonder why...)

Second actually LISTEN to what you said and think of the contradictions... for all of the faults people said with Team Ninja's handling of DOA5 and DOA6, not one of them was due to contradictions of the lore. Do you really believe that now of all times they are going to do some alternate universe nonsense which doesn't even work because Phase 4 is the final project of the supersoldier project BUT she's almost ready to go into mass production and even has Raidou's copy abilities on top of that?
Why in the hell would they do something so insane and call it canon of all things?
And finally and most importantly... the game isn't coming to Japan... it's not coming out for either America or Japan. Slow your shit and it's obvious that this is a Chinese cashgrab and that's it.

I already know it's not coming to Japan and America, thank God, and I already know that this is non canon. Again, thank God. But lets say Team Ninja DID give them the 'ok' to make this game, which something tells me they didn't, but let's pretend they did. Why would Team Ninja allow someone else to further cement the lore of DOA as to where it already is?

That part I just cannot seem to understand. When it comes to the lore of DOA 5 and the recent DOA 6, nothing about the 2 games lore connects to the previous DOA games. Not even by the slightest. I think the reason why they believe this is ok is because they are willing to listen to anyone, and I mean ANYONE's ideas for the continuation, or in this case, prequel for DOA because Team Ninja know fully well, They. F#$ked. Up. And they're willing to try their hands, on anything. Even from other game companies, and pretending that they know the direction that DOA needs. If that's the case, then Team Ninja are desperate.

But based on everything that I said earlier about the lore of this new game, nothing about it makes any logical sense at all, and that's where, as you can obviously see, got me pissed. Like many others on here and on other sites, I care about the lore of DOA, the characters, and of course, the game itself, and I just hate the direction that DOA is going right now. And yes, I know it's just a game, I get that, trust me I do, but when you see something you love being turned into nothing but garbage by the producers or outside other game companies, then it's going to piss you off.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
OH NO! NOT ANOTHER SHITTY MOBILE GAME!!!

(The raging fanboy is screaming right now)

The story of this new game already makes NO SENSE at all. So this stupid mobile DOA game takes place after DOA 5, but before DOA 6, and Kasumi is taken back in time to defeat Phase 4 and stop its mass production.

But in DOA 5, Phase 4 is only shown once, and never really does anything, and in DOA 6, she's not even there. It's just clones of a clone, which they already show that Phase 4 is ALREADY being mass produced. (I know it sounds stupid, but that sounds about right).

So if Kasumi kills Phase 4 in the parallel world that is the past and manages to stop the mass production, HOW THE HELL DOES PHASE 4 STILL BE MASS PRODUCED IN THE SEQUEL, DOA 6?!?!

WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?!?!

(panting)

ITAGAKI, PLEASE SAVE US FROM THESE SHITTY ABOMINATIONS OF DOA GAMES.
1C478E10-2B75-4FFE-8C74-C526800A7C47.jpeg

I already knew this was gonna be one of those people judging by the username.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Wow, you’re really comparing Leon, a character who’s storyline finished in the same game he debuted in with Kasumi? April fools is in 2 weeks, it’s a little too early to crack jokes like that. I agree that it is unfortunate that Leon doesn’t have a story and isn’t involved in the series that much, but comparing him with Kasumi is just disrespectful. It’s not like Leon was an unique character before DOA5, he was literally a second Bayman, with a different identity. Nothing really stands out about Leon except gameplay. Leon was never destined for greatness.

Shimbori stated that Leon will make guest appearances but does not exclude his entry entirely, and he's even considering a "maybe, but I can't talk about it now".

Leon's general story of being labeled as the strongest man of the world for his lover succeeded but was left with plot holes. His involvement with Bayman and Zack was never explained along with Leon never having a true conclusion regarding them. Did Leon and Bayman had a chess match that never ended resulting into their rivalry? did Bayman touch his ass on accident / purpose without his consent in some local bar outside the US while Zack uploaded it to social media? like what the hell happened? who knows, but they do need to explain it. It makes it super difficult to take DOA serious when it comes to the story and unexplained portions (DOA story is pretty bad in general so this wasn't a surprise)

The actual truth to the situation is that Leon wasn't popular to the consumers who idolizes the tropes. We can't be surprised if they end up genderswapping him in the future like a certain Tengu for easy cash grab. The only character who truly finished his story was Gen Fu seeing as his granddaughter Mei Lin was healed, trained Eliot to be exactly like him, and has no real reason to become an entry other than to just put him in the game (just like Ein who no longer exists that returned in 5U). They should bring Leon back though since he was the epitome of male prowess and true manly strength. Emperor Cow and many others are pushing Leon's entry greatly so currently i'd like to say that Leon maybe has a bit more popularity than of Ein least now in terms of who has a better placement and relevance. He certainly has a better chance than Ein and Alpha, on top that Alpha is also the least liked character within the JPN community in both competitive and casual (Alpha is literally dead last bottom). Sure he's not popular because he doesn't have big tits or oozes kawaii, but he was really cool.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Ok, so you like to judge others just by what they type, even though I already said that I was pissed andit was just a rant, and now you want to be that judgmental asshole on the forum that no one needs.
You said you hoped I was joking, I just asked why, lol. No need to become all defensive and offensive :) I thought you were a little extra and would be one of those people. When I said “too late” I already had my judgement ready. If you’re not like that don’t give people that impression of you, that’s all I gotta say.
Shimbori stated that Leon will make guest appearances but does not exclude his entry entirely, and he's even considering a "maybe, but I can't talk about it now".

Leon's general story of being labeled as the strongest man of the world for his lover succeeded but was left with plot holes. His involvement with Bayman and Zack was never explained along with Leon never having a true conclusion regarding them. Did Leon and Bayman had a chess match that never ended resulting into their rivalry? did Bayman touch his ass on accident / purpose in some local bar outside the US without his consent while Zack uploaded it to social media? who knows, but they do need to explain it. It makes it super difficult to take DOA serious when it comes to the story and unexplained portions. (DOA story is pretty bad in general so this wasn't a surprise)

The actual truth to the situation is that Leon wasn't popular to the consumers who idolizes the tropes. We can't be surprised if they end up genderswapping him in the future like a certain Tengu for easy cash grab. The only character who truly finished his story was Gen Fu seeing as his granddaughter Mei Lin was healed, trained Eliot to be exactly like him, and has no real reason to become an entry other than to just put him in the game (just like Ein who no longer exists that returned in 5U). Emperor Cow and many others are pushing Leon's entry greatly, so currently i'd like to say that Leon has a bit more popularity than of Ein least now in terms of who has a better placement and relevance. He certainly has a better chance than Ein and Alpha, on top that Alpha is also the least liked character within the JPN community in both competitive and casual. Sure he's not popular because he doesn't have big tits, but he has a bit more chance compared to the other two.
Leon will most definitely return, do I mind? No. But I don’t really care either. It’s a shame he was treated badly because he is one of the more likeable characters. I don’t think Ein, Alpha and Gen fu should return. Their story is finished.

You said you hoped I was joking, I just asked why, lol. No need to become all defensive and offensive :) I thought you were a little extra and would be one of those people. When I said “too late” I already had my judgement ready. If you’re not like that don’t give people that impression of you, that’s all I gotta say.

Ok, we're cool. I was just angry at the new production of DOA, and I, and many others, was just severely disappointed at this 'game'.

Whoa whoa whoa. No need to be judgmental because of my tone as to how I'm already disappointed by this new game. I really was pissed when I heard of this news.

Dude, I saw you on Sankaku Complex with this news and did the EXACT SAME RANT there... twice.
I think @Onryoki is right to judge you on that.

Leon's general story of being labeled as the strongest man of the world for his lover succeeded but was left with plot holes. His involvement with Bayman and Zack was never explained along with Leon never having a true conclusion regarding them. Did Leon and Bayman had a chess match that never ended resulting into their rivalry? did Bayman touch his ass on accident / purpose without his consent in some local bar outside the US while Zack uploaded it to social media? like what the hell happened? who knows, but they do need to explain it. It makes it super difficult to take DOA serious when it comes to the story and unexplained portions (DOA story is pretty bad in general so this wasn't a surprise)

The actual truth to the situation is that Leon wasn't popular to the consumers who idolizes the tropes. We can't be surprised if they end up genderswapping him in the future like a certain Tengu for easy cash grab. The only character who truly finished his story was Gen Fu seeing as his granddaughter Mei Lin was healed, trained Eliot to be exactly like him, and has no real reason to become an entry other than to just put him in the game (just like Ein who no longer exists that returned in 5U). They should bring Leon back though since he was the epitome of male prowess and true manly strength. Emperor Cow and many others are pushing Leon's entry greatly so currently i'd like to say that Leon maybe has a bit more popularity than of Ein least now in terms of who has a better placement and relevance. He certainly has a better chance than Ein and Alpha, on top that Alpha is also the least liked character within the JPN community in both competitive and casual (Alpha is literally dead last bottom). Sure he's not popular because he doesn't have big tits or oozes kawaii, but he was really cool.

Honestly, I feel the big problem with Leon... was that he was just meant to be a placeholder for Bayman... and that's it.
As the second Bayman came back in, all of Leon's potential just DIED as Itagaki nor anyone else knew what to do with him and I would especially say so with Itagaki since he apparently wants to work with alot of credit for where the characters ended up.

I have no problem with Leon, Gen Fu and Ein coming back to being playable but it's hard for me to not admit that Leon was done pretty damn dirty for the fact that he does have a notable fanbase and Itagaki never even bothered to try and force the man to be relevant. Even Team Ninja as of now does what they can to keep the other characters relevant(for better or worse, that's for others to say and I said my piece on this) and even they seem to have no idea what to do with Leon because Itagaki virtually ended his story at 3, even when it just makes him look dumb.
I don't think they will genderswap Leon like they did with Bankotsubo and Nyotengu, it was obvious Bankotsubo was only really liked within the FSD community(rarely heard ANYONE else clamor for him) and I'm not even sure he is more popular than even Raidou(and it's hard for me to say how much people did not like him returning). Leon seems to have far too much of a notable fanbase to be genderswapped without there being some real problems

U_C_A_F

Its pretty much the curse of all clone characters no matter how much they differ down the line. Nina will always take preference over Anna, King will always take preference over Armor King, and sadly Bayman will always take preference over Leon to developers . I vastly prefer Leon over Bayman and feel hes the most fun of the big heavies to use and watch and hope he does return. His environmental combo damage is still unmatched and just imagining what hes capable of in the ship stage or the throwdown stage with his direction air throw loops is going to make every other characters rare situational interactable combos look like kiddy shit.

Last edited:

Its pretty much the curse of all clone characters no matter how much they differ down the line. Nina will always take preference over Anna, King will always take preference over Armor King, and sadly Bayman will always take preference over Leon to developers . I vastly prefer Leon over Bayman and feel hes the most fun of the big heavies to use and watch and hope he does return. His environmental combo damage is still unmatched and just imagining what hes capable of in the ship stage or the throwdown stage with his direction air throw loops is going to make every other characters rare situational death combos look like kiddy shit.

Honestly, I feel like Nyotengu is a MASSIVE step up from Bankotsubo and it's not because "she's a WAMAN WITH BOOBS" but more because of the fact that Bankotsubo legit... is just a one note boss.
One of the things I hoped DOA Dimensions would have done with him was to actually EXPAND with him and actually do something with him... and they didn't. They expanded on what Raidou was doing at the DOA1 tournament(he was fully behind being Fame Douglas's bodyguard and even had slight regret saving Fame from his assassination by Bayman) and even changed Genra's story(for the absolute worst, but I digress) and made Alpha-152 Kasumi Alpha from DOA2 evolved.
But Bankotsubo legit got NOTHING. No real reason to take over the World of the Humans, why he killed the Chieftain of the Tengu or anything about him, he was just an evil Tengu and that's just lame.

By comparison, as much as Nyo is basically Morrigan Aensland as a Tengu(which, again, isn't a bad thing by itself.), atleast they further tied it up with her being a mark of her BEING a Tengu and not just because of it. She is genuinely curious of the human world in so many aspects and fashions, she only chooses to spar with Ryu not out of hatred, but due to word spreading of him killing Bankotsubo legit got her curious of who could have taken someone as strong as him down in the human world. She'll have just as much fun pranking you as she would even drinking with you. Even the Trivia has her participating in the past and even hanging out with Fujin and Raijin(Two Japanese Gods).
It just reminds me of how bad they couldn't do anything with Bankotsubo because... well, they couldn't. I'm not really a fan that they are sticking with her being named Nyotengu but I'll live with it but I like that they really expanded on her characteristics though.

Brute

Standard Donor
Its pretty much the curse of all clone characters no matter how much they differ down the line.
Tell that to Hitomi. Or even Phase fucking 4 for christ's sake.

In DOA, clones are fine as long as they have tits. No tits? No bueno.

Honestly, I feel the big problem with Leon... was that he was just meant to be a placeholder for Bayman... and that's it.
As the second Bayman came back in, all of Leon's potential just DIED as Itagaki nor anyone else knew what to do with him and I would especially say so with Itagaki since he apparently wants to work with alot of credit for where the characters ended up.
Honestly, I feel like Nyotengu is a MASSIVE step up from Bankotsubo and it's not because "she's a WAMAN WITH BOOBS" but more because of the fact that Bankotsubo legit... is just a one note boss.
As a fervent player of Leon, Bankotsubo and Nyotengu, I can tell you that DOA5 Leon did more to distinguish himself from Bayman than Nyotengu does from Bankotsubo.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
In the end crying over Leon being absent has no use. They will always add him in a Ultimate version. Leon had the potential to be great and they could’ve done something with him, but didn’t. It’s a shame, but it is what it is. I think Kasumi was done dirty, I really hope they’ll add story DLC for the characters so that they can at least fill the holes ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD