DOA6 Story Discussion

marussya

According to me, Momiji was not planned to be released that soon. So they didn't have time to produce scenes for her. They just threw her at us when they saw people complaining + to boost the sales.

Kula and Mai were planned but probably delayed.

Nyotengu and Phase 4 were planned from the beginning but eventually "used" as bonus content. Phase 4 I can understand, Nyotengu not so much as she is part of the franchise now. Maybe TN wanted to make a parallel to Tekken's Eliza who was also a bonus character.

Leon/Gen Fu will (probably) have cutscenes as they were (probably) planned but not prioritized. Plus, they ARE in the DOA Trivia, where Momiji is (still) not.

I WISH SOMEONE COULD HACK THESE 30+ STORY SCENES THAT WERE CUT. SOMEONE.

So yeah, except for Nyotengu who had cool moments in the story, the rest is just... meh. Momiji has none, Kula and Mai (who I don't care about) only have promotional scenes and Phase 4 is not an unique character. Hopefully Leon (and Gen Fu maybe) will have good moments as well. Last time was DOA4...DOA3 maybe? I'm curious because there is so much potential.
I think that these scenes even not in the game, because if it was, we would already have seen something even through leaks

KwonJigglypuff

I could really see Irene getting a makeover and a reveal at some point.

I'd rather have an original special agent fighting for justice (Korean milf where are you), but... well.. an Irene similar to the NES original Irene could be nice. The DOAD costume was nice as well but not the haircut.

benjamin-widdowson-irene-copy.jpg

otnesse

View attachment 29424
So question. Since we find out that Honoka and Ayane are sisters, does that mean she's also related to Hayate and Kas now?? Is she technically a Mugen Tenshin clanswoman? Or am I trippin? *I feel you Ayane*
Honoka's pretty much a cousin to Hayate and Kasumi at most. Though she is at least related to the clan by blood.

And as far as the comic, well, technically, Ayane's the only one who actually is shown to be aware of Honoka being her older half-sister (well, I'm guessing that Honoka's older thanks largely to Honoka being born in March while Ayane's born in August). Honoka was already unconscious as part of the prep treatment for their going all Frankenstein on Raidou's corpse when NiCO revealed this information to Ayane, and she was still unconscious by the time Ayane pursued Raidou and finished him off alongside Kasumi and Hayate, so it's unlikely she knows about their ties.

marussya

How do you think, can we ever get a delete story DLC content in future? Maybe for game anniversary or for ultimate for next gen at least?

Ah! Ok, cool. I was getting worried for a sec that poor Kas would be tied down to this "child" too. Especially after Honoka said she felt like Kasumi was a big sister to her in the Warriors All Stars game. (even if its non canon, it still caused me worry, lol)

Honoka is Hayate and Kasumi's cousin, since Raidou is Shiden's older brother, and Shiden is the father of Kasumi and Hayate.

otnesse

Honoka is Hayate and Kasumi's cousin, since Raidou is Shiden's older brother, and Shiden is the father of Kasumi and Hayate.
Yeah. The only one of the Tenshin Clan who is directly related to Honoka (ie, actually is her sibling and not merely a cousin) is Ayane. Not to mention that technically, Honoka's Ayane's older half-sister (being born in March, while Ayane's born in August).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I could really see Irene getting a makeover and a reveal at some point.

I'd rather have an original special agent fighting for justice (Korean milf where are you), but... well.. an Irene similar to the NES original Irene could be nice. The DOAD costume was nice as well but not the haircut.

View attachment 29427

I was told that Irene will never come to DOA. She needs a lot more than a make-over. lmao

otnesse

I was told that Irene will never come to DOA. She needs a lot more than a make-over. lmao
She kind of did come to DOA. She played a role in Dimensions (granted, she wasn't actually playable, but she was still in the game). Plus, the library for DOA6 had a bio of her and her own trivia entry where it was revealed that
she's pretty much the reason that Ryu Hayabusa and Kasumi got to MIST's lab, and apparently her CIA contacts wanted to delay Phase 4's completion for some reason.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
She kind of did come to DOA. She played a role in Dimensions (granted, she wasn't actually playable, but she was still in the game). Plus, the library for DOA6 had a bio of her and her own trivia entry where it was revealed that
she's pretty much the reason that Ryu Hayabusa and Kasumi got to MIST's lab, and apparently her CIA contacts wanted to delay Phase 4's completion for some reason.

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. In terms of gameplay or being a playable character she will not appear in DOA.

KwonJigglypuff

That's a shame. I would not cry, but I like the idea of having the NG trio following Ryu : the black-haired shrine maiden, the blonde dominatrix amazon and the ginger CIA agent.

Dr PaC

That's a shame. I would not cry, but I like the idea of having the NG trio following Ryu : the black-haired shrine maiden, the blonde dominatrix amazon and the ginger CIA agent.
Lol, Irene's a ginger now? The Irene I think of is the one from the first NG where she had that delicious 80's hair.

1570605816041.png

Brute

Standard Donor
Shimbori said in an interview that Irene is not happening. I think things like that could always change though; it just seems very unlikely. I'll dig up the source later if you want. Busy atm.
He also said no DLC characters.

So... whatever.

otnesse

Even IF Irene got in, it's extremely unlikely they're going to give her ginger hair (more likely than not, they would have used her redesign from DOA Dimensions).

latest

Still... it IS odd that they gave her a trivia entry and a full-fledged bio, especially for a character who wasn't even supposed to be included.

Shimbori said in an interview that Irene is not happening. I think things like that could always change though; it just seems very unlikely. I'll dig up the source later if you want. Busy atm.

To be fair, he also said Momiji's not appearing in DOA6, and look what happened, we got her.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
To be fair, he also said Momiji's not appearing in DOA6, and look what happened, we got her.

Shimbori had several different stories surrounding Momiji and Rachel because they were indeed probable. Irene was flat-out thrown out and shutdown quickly. It's unfortunate TBH because she could have a really cool & unique combat style, but when the content drip is this slow it's hard to consider life's little fantasies.

otnesse

Shimbori had several different stories surrounding Momiji and Rachel because they were indeed probable. Irene was flat-out thrown out and shutdown quickly. It's unfortunate TBH because she could have a really cool & unique combat style, but when the content drip is this slow it's hard to consider life's little fantasies.

Maybe, but that Famitsu article implied that he considered Gen Fu to be far more likely to appear than Momiji and Rachel (in fact, he admits he regrets Gen Fu's exclusion, while with Momiji and Famitsu, he indicated they're not going to appear at all thanks to originating from Ninja Gaiden, even though that rationale was completely stupid).

You know who could have a really cool & unique combat style?

Leon.

"Could?" He already does have that. Unlike Irene Lew who doesn't have any playability in the games, Leon's at least been a playable fighter in some games.

zoo

For the next one (assuming DOA6 didn't kill the series) hope they pull a NRS and have the main story but also arcade endings similar to 3 and 4. Think it'll be a good way to flesh out the characters like in the older games while also having the big cinematic one.

But like, that requires effort and budget so I doubt it'll go down like that lmao

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD