Examining DOA7 Hiroaki Morita Tweets Legitimacy

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
This character seems to be generating some controversy on the Twitter platform claiming to be a programmer for Koei Tecmo games. Hiroaki Morita created his account on Twitter less than a month ago. Currently he has people talking about Dead or Alive 7's alleged cancellation and knows some stuff and thangs about Team NINJA's upcoming games.

The tweet translated to English via Japanese Google Translate:
After the release of DOA6, a smaller team was developing DOA7 and DOA6 minor changes, but it was decided to disband the team and cancel the project just before P / D Shimbori retired.

This is obviously the accounts premier tweet that received the most buzz. Most people seem to believe this Tweet to be true. Here are some other translated Tweets by Hiroaki:

- Shimbori just before retirement was 6th grade. Yasuda was also the same 6th grade, but was later promoted to brand head.

- The decisive reason for retiring from Shimbori is because he quarreled with the company. The DOA6 launch caused a sensitive scandal (Ku ○ Nibuster) at EVO Japan, which stopped the continuation of P / D after DOA6. The development of DOA7 had also started partly, but the company was reluctant to do so. Is it said that Shinbori, who was dissatisfied with these, decided to retire?

- Koei Tecmo Group Grade List Executive Officer ← Yasuda Grade 6 ← Yamagiwa / Producer class Grade 5 ← Saito / Producer / Director Class Grade 4 ← lead class Grade 3 ← General employees Grade 2 ← 2nd year after joining the company Grade 1 ← 1st year after joining the company There is no grade system for temporary employees, contract employees, and part-time workers

- DOA6's internal evaluation gives 69.9 points and is required to resubmit Rom At Koei Tecmo Games, you must get 70 points or more to get approval for the release. Due to this, the release date was postponed by about one month.

- Developing a game by working from home. The company is secret and my acquaintances help me

-【concept】 Set in Yokohama, Edo, and Kyoto Three actions: samurai, ninja, and gun The samurai at the end of the Edo period is the main character Bakumatsu Red Dead Redemption Samurai rising theme

- Currently, Team NINJA is developing a Mikuni will action game and a 5 million-class open world action game at the end of the Edo period at the same time.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm not entirely sure if it's legitimate but I can kinda sense it may be true, idk if he's leaking anything tho or likely just him revealing some stuff since TN has been kinda quiet regarding games we really want to know info about

I'm not surprised they probably axed doa7 since imo DOA6 's lifespan was way too short and there's still alot more they could do to revisit DOA6 and update it to be a complete experience in a new version like other games do, they just backed out too quickly instead of fixing what could have been done easily.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
To me it seems like there is some legitimacy mixed in with things that could be considered untrue. After doing a lengthy Internet search for his credits I could not find him credited for DOA6 or any other project from Koei Tecmo games, but I'm going to search a little deeper. He could just be well hidden by the search browsers.

I also decided to request interview with the individual since he provided his alleged email address in his Twitter biography. I got the MAILER DAEMON send failure notice about 4 minutes after sending the email. I attempted a second email and made 100% sure there were no spaces or typos and received another MAILER DAEMON soon after. Feel free to try for yourself as an additional resource. Quite peculiar. He doesn't seem to respond to direct questions in his Tweets (at least not to mine).

Could be company leaking, could be Gatto Tom trolling us on an alt, could be totally legit and from someone that worked for TN.

Update: He's limiting who can see his Tweets. I can still see them. He changed his web page from the KT website to a IN:

Last edited:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Some parts of this "leak" are very well thought out, and some parts, like the fake e-mail, are not.

Ultimately it appears to be a fake name, and while a fake name serves its purpose in regards to protecting oneself from reprisal from the company they work for, there is no reason to have a fake linkedin page. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to convince people of the names legitimacy, of which there is seemingly none.

So to me this seems like a case of somebody was paying attention to the things we and others close to the team have been saying, and maybe decided to inject a bit of fiction. Could be something else going on, but it doesn't feel likely.

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
I also decided to request interview with the individual since he provided his alleged email address in his Twitter biography.
Your willingness to deeply investigate this matter is admirable, sir. A brief look at the Reddit thread for this topic reveals just how quick people can be to whip themselves into a frenzy of despair over a rumor.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Your willingness to deeply investigate this matter is admirable, sir. A brief look at the Reddit thread for this topic reveals just how quick people can be to whip themselves into a frenzy of despair over a rumor.

Well, it looks like I was right again. Detective Kyle to the rescue. ;)

I seriously can't stop laughing right now.

gfg$

Too boring to be fake. I could say that this would be definitely a fake if Dead or Alive 7 was in the list of development

I have one weird idea about it: These leaks were created by TN themselves for hype. Part of it is true: sangokushi warriors and new ninja Gaiden, another one particular: Ronin (maybe another title, or some project details), part of it isn't: Nioh 3 (Nioh series went on rest recently according to Yasuda, it's way too early). With DOA7 there is a bit mess, DOA7 was cancelled before Shimboris retirement, so why Hayashi said that he is interested in sequel, I think we can hear something about it in future

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Too boring to be fake. I could say that this would be definitely a fake if Dead or Alive 7 was in the list of development

Didn't he say the team was developing DOA7? :D I'm not sure what you mean about too boring to be fake. Care to elaborate?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I'm also still questioning the legitimacy of the account. The stuff he's revealing is just asking to get fired lol. I'm leaning on the side of it being fake but I like surprises.

No joke but even if it was real, if it's that much of a hassle to make a new DOA game then might as well give the series to another that has even a decent care for it, really do wish people/company itself would start pushing this. Heck Square is selling off Tomb Raider for blockchains (which is dumb) but DOA would make more sense to just be handed to a company that honestly actually gives a damn about it (without the blockchains of course). Even if there was a DOA7 by some miracle, we probably won't even see it for another 5-7 years which by that point, most peeps already left and a new generation of players wouldn't know what to do with it.

Reboot that series, sell that IP to a group that at least cares about it on a decent level/freelance, or make a whole new series that's like DOA but isn't DOA in some new IP or something who knows. This whole back and forth thing with KT and DOA is so old and awful that you could make an entire game based on that premise.

Microsoft or whoever, buy that series and get it over with.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Some of the stuff he mentions does align, but it's also stuff most people already knew about. Some of it I also never heard of but can be pretty believable.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I don’t believe any of this. I think the buzz that this user created is not worth it. I highly doubt DOA7 was being developed so short after the train wreck we call DOA6.

It’s literally just some fake account where someone claims things without any sources. I don’t believe anything anymore unless it’s actually datamined, or if its an official statement from TN/KT.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Some random dude really woke up and said "let me troll the entire DOA fanbase today", huh?

If you're reading this ""Hiroaki-san"", GET A DAMN JOB!!!!!!
Please, he has way too much time xD

At this point I'm over the trolling, I think until we hear something straight from the TN and DOA6 main account, we should disregard it.

I'm still invested in the series tho so I just say play it if you do and if TN just sees us playing and showing interest, they'll try a new DOA6 version or sequel. There's hardly anyone really contributing gameplay ot even content for it ATM so it shows where the interest would be until we visually see something with our eyes vs a leaks tweet that may or may not be true

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I was thoroughly entertained and amused. Now if this was a story about a secret change to the gameplay - the press wouldn't care, but to them a cancellation spells viewers and drama that could lead to pointless defamation of KT. VGChartZ fell for it (like a lot of people did):

I urged one other guy to remove his news post and it seems that he did, but the VGC has had their story up for over 10 hours now; meaning it was published after it was confirmed fake.

I've agreed with @DestructionBomb on a number of things, but DOA being sold to another company spells bad news IMO. They wouldn't sell it because Hayabusa is the most important character to them, and another company would want Hayabusa for DOA as part of the deal.

I'm also under the impression that Fumihiko Yasuda wants to write his wrongs with NINJA Gaiden 3.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
DOA being sold to another company spells bad news IMO. They wouldn't sell it because Hayabusa is the most important character to them, and another company would want Hayabusa for DOA as part of the deal.

It also definitely depend on who's buying it so yeah, I don't disagree if it's being sold off to another that will poorly manage it. Though it's not like they would be fully passing DOA to some Chinese or Korean focused mobile company (I mean shit I hope not). I do think Microsoft can do a good job with both as they do have a pretty good experience with it. Obviously the downside is exclusivity to Xbox/PC, which can be wound considering DOA's highest playerbase is on the PS platform in present time so this is literally a giant double edged sword.

Getting another company to buy DOA in the modern timeline is pretty much untested waters because no one has done it really (for DOA that is). On that note, this is no different of it spelling bad news because KT already did that in the first place:

forthefsdforum.png

According to Matt, it sounds like KT was literally no different in that regard. Course the goal is to make a good DOA game and a heavily promoted one, but convincing them to do it was always a hassle because the FG version just doesn't make consecutive bank compared to DOAVV and other FGs out there, requires budget, and the player growth was relatively the same amount of people playing. All this information I've been reading makes it seem like KT is wasting their time with the series and doesn't want to do anything with it. If they are having this much issue to get the DOA FG versions to exist, sell the brand to a company that may actually value it.

Tomb Raider is up for grabs. The reasoning to sell it in the first place was completely stupid by Square Enix for the sake of blockchains, but this is also possible to be a good beginning for it by being developed from another studio with high priority that you don't really see with Square when it comes to western titles. Square's biggest strengths is their JPN marketed titles for some reason anyway so it all makes sense in the end.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD