Characters Lolicopter - [Marie Rose Information & Discussion Thread]

FatalxInnocence

Alpha's weight class, eh? About time she wasn't the sole occupant. May motivate me to actually learn some featherweight juggles, now.

Seems like a smart idea considering the day she's released most likely everyone will be using her. But yeah, the fact she's a feather weight I think might stray people from using her after awhile. Especially if they are constantly being launched.

Stun launch characters are going to have a field day with Marie Rose.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I'm sure she has a lot of tools to compensate for her weight class. she's pretty evasive, she has like 3 sidesteps.
5wuod.gif

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

I'm sure she has a lot of tools to compensate for her weight class. she's pretty evasive, she has like 3 sidesteps.
View attachment 3696

This is what I was saying earlier. These tools will be really useful in the right hands, but I feel like you have to read the move to land the SS affectively. Otherwise looks like she can be punished for it pretty easily. Like with Rachel, 4PP is still a staple in her gameplay... so you'd have to be cautious about using that SS openly- ESPECIALLY with her apparently being a featherweight. Rachel's damage is already crazy... probably more so on Alpha & Marie.

I really lack experience against Alpha, nobody uses her in Australia. So I'm not sure what Rachel's damage is against her- but on light weights she gets 111+ off most stun combos without the need of a CB... can only imagine her damage off featherweights...

KidArk

Is feather weight way for TN to break a character? From what ive seen Marie has a command ss, ohs, parries, sabakis, speed, decent normals, a high/mid crushing forward roll which doubles as a stance , a backflip sorta like kasumi's to get away, A vagina <You Know How TN feels about these>, I saw her low kick not sure exactly but it was a proper force tech and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like Rachel's stomp but whatever it is its a plus. If she ends up being the strongest grappler I'll laugh, I'm totally using this loli but damn TN save some for the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

If she ends up being the strongest grappler I'll laugh, I'm totally using this loli but damn TN save some for the rest of the cast.

From what we've seen of her throws & counters, I doubt it. She doesn't have combo throws or combo counters, so she'll probably just play similar to Lei-Fang with extra stances or something. I guess she could be compared to Pai as well? since some of her counters seem to have guaranteed hits to them. ( I'm taking a wild guess, and assuming they're the advanced counters that lead to juggles. )

She definitely wont be the strongest grappler though xP I don't see her throws or counters being on par with... I dunno... lets say Leon or Bayman.

Princess Kasumi

feather weight class is risky. Do more high dmg during wall combos. more dmg on mini launchers. her side step can be risky if used a tracking move OR throw her.

from the look of her movelist, it seems like all her moves are being unsafe. she can be threwn easy(i guess)
I dont think she has fast throws like tina,lisa.

rachel, is a heavy character, so less dmg combos on them.

I think her being feather weight and being very unsafe ruins her.

having a OH low throw is interesting.. i dont know if its gonna be useful or not.

FatalxInnocence

Too many assumptions, not enough evidence. She seems fairly balanced to me however. A mixture of negatives with her positives. I don't see her being top or bottom tier. But somewhere in the middle.

Nobus3r1

This is what I was saying earlier. These tools will be really useful in the right hands, but I feel like you have to read the move to land the SS affectively. Otherwise looks like she can be punished for it pretty easily. Like with Rachel, 4PP is still a staple in her gameplay... so you'd have to be cautious about using that SS openly- ESPECIALLY with her apparently being a featherweight. Rachel's damage is already crazy... probably more so on Alpha & Marie.

I really lack experience against Alpha, nobody uses her in Australia. So I'm not sure what Rachel's damage is against her- but on light weights she gets 111+ off most stun combos without the need of a CB... can only imagine her damage off featherweights...
In theory Rachel can do not just a little extra damage vs. Alpha (has many Alpha only combos) but a lot. Usually it amounts to 1-3 extra hits per juggle. Sorry, I don't have exact numbers but I couldn't find my past post that contained this exact information (thread got deleted?).

In practice this doesn't matter as (IMO) the matchup blows. Alpha is just too fast for Rachel to hit. I wouldn't be surprised if Marie Rose presents a similar issue.

FatalxInnocence

In practice this doesn't matter as (IMO) the matchup blows. Alpha is just too fast for Rachel to hit. I wouldn't be surprised if Marie Rose presents a similar issue.

Hmm. Do we know Marie Rose's move frames? Are they on the PDF containing her movelist? it'd be interesting to see her speed in comparison to the currently available characters. From what we've seen I wouldn't say she'd be as much of an issue as the speedier characters in DOA. ( Pai, Sarah, Kasumi etc. )

I don't have Alpha experience, but where does she sit on speed? =S and are her frames similar to that of Marie Rose? ( if they're on the PDF that is. )

Brute

Standard Donor
Hmm. Do we know Marie Rose's move frames? Are they on the PDF containing her movelist?
Yes.

I don't have Alpha experience, but where does she sit on speed? =S and are her frames similar to that of Marie Rose? ( if they're on the PDF that is. )
9 frame jab. Average mid speed, plus her wonky 7K. Her strings are all very fast however, but can be delayed and have lots of mix-ups making her a pain to punish/hold.

But no, they are not similar to MR's at all. In fact, save the weight class, they're complete opposites. Marie is not too string heavy, but has multiple stances for mix-up and great defense with expert holds on all hit levels, as opposed to Alpha who has no legit holds but does posses a mid parry. Alpha's purely offense/rushdown based, whereas MR is more defensive.

KidArk

She definitely wont be the strongest grappler though xP I don't see her throws or counters being on par with... I dunno... lets say Leon or Bayman.

Having high damaging throws doesn't Translate to being the best grappler. Alpha has the best throw in the game anyways. Batman and Leon have grappler issues such as speed and I believe Mary is supposed to be a grappler. Once you have speed you can actually force someone to block so you can try to throw them. Try fighting Christie with Leon or bass , the ho won't stop pressing buttons. So if shes able to low OH jak, standing OH the other options and apply pressure with a 9i jab AND have throws/holds that + frame she is the best grappling character if TN chooses to name her as such.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD