Characters Marie Rose Combo and Strategy thread

FatalxInnocence

True. But it also depends on your opponent. I encountered many passive opponents on whom I landed Normal Hits more than usual. The move itself is semi-safe by the way, so you can not land a true punish, only attempt a 5T.

Well, unless you're fighting a grappler. Don't they have 6 frame throws?

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, unless you're fighting a grappler. Don't they have 6 frame throws?
Ryu, Tina, Lisa and Bass can punish -7. Everyone else cannot.

So when he says "semi-safe," that usually refers to moves that are only punishable by "grapplers." -6 or less is considered purely "safe" as opposed to "semi-safe."

Brute

Standard Donor
Ryu has a 6 frame throw? I didn't expect that. Also assumed Bayman & Leon would have one too.... but I guess not.
Yeah, that's why the "grappler" distinction is so wonky and subjective in this game.

Most people you talk to don't consider Ryu a grappler but will consider Bayman one. But, low and behold, Ryu's got the i6 punish throws and Bayman doesn't (a design choice I don't think anyone fully understands). Ryu actually has three i6 punish throws, believe it or not (6T, 66T and 4T).

FatalxInnocence

Yeah, that's why the "grappler" distinction is so wonky and subjective in this game.

Most people you talk to don't consider Ryu a grappler but will consider Bayman one. But, low and behold, Ryu's got the i6 punish throws and Bayman doesn't (a design choice I don't think anyone fully understands). Ryu actually has three i6 punish throws, believe it or not (6T, 66T and 4T).

That's pretty nifty for him though. I bet you must be happy with the developers choice to give him multiple 6 frame throws ;D

Brute

Standard Donor
That's pretty nifty for him though. I bet you must be happy with the developers choice to give him multiple 6 frame throws ;D
Not really. It was a pretty stupid design choice, in my opinion.

I could see his 4T being an i6, but his 6T definitely should be i7 and his 66T should be an i16 OH.

Komatose

So getting a CB basically relies on a mixup? In general I mean. Not just with Marie. It is seeming that way. Either that or I really cannot do what I am doing offline, online.

ninjaguy446

So getting a CB basically relies on a mixup? In general I mean. Not just with Marie. It is seeming that way. Either that or I really cannot do what I am doing offline, online.
Yes, basically. Once you have them at the point where you can CB!, they know that you can CB! them. They could hold mid p if they expect the CB!, or they could do nothing if they expect a throw, or they could hold high if they expect Marie's 7K, etc. etc. Everything in stun is a mixup really (unless it's a SDS).

Komatose

Yes, basically. Once you have them at the point where you can CB!, they know that you can CB! them. They could hold mid p if they expect the CB!, or they could do nothing if they expect a throw, or they could hold high if they expect Marie's 7K, etc. etc. Everything in stun is a mixup really (unless it's a SDS).

Wow. Thanks for answering this. I was really starting to think I was messing up my combos and doing things too late or something. And now that I know this for certain, I will mix up what I do wayyyy better.

ninjaguy446

Wow. Thanks for answering this. I was really starting to think I was messing up my combos and doing things too late or something. And now that I know this for certain, I will mix up what I do wayyyy better.
No problem. Just remember that most opponents will stagger escape, so they can get out of stun like that, too.

Lady Tengu

You know what would of been cool? If you could do her 8 P+K then like QCB HCF P+K to do her I hate you taunt on thier body for extra damage xD

KING JAIMY

I know this thread is pretty much dead so I thought I'd revive it by sharing a CB combo on Alpha. Damage output may vary based on hit level and setup:

(Example of CB Setup) :4::K: > :9::K: > :3::P: > :6::6::P: (CB)

(Featherweight post-CB) :7::K: > BT :8::P: > :9::P: > :7::K: > BT :H+K: > BT :P::P::6::P::K:

So... has anyone found a good use for PPPP¿
I recently found that PPPP works well on slopes. Example for lightweights:

(Lightweights, Slope) :6::P+K: > :4::P::K: > :7::K: > BT :K::K: > :9::P: > :P::P::P::P:

Normally, you'd go for the :P::P::6::P::K: finisher. However, I found that :P::P::P::P: works better because it deals more damage and provides more knockback on slopes.

Kohlrak

I know this thread is pretty much dead so I thought I'd revive it by sharing a CB combo on Alpha. Damage output may vary based on hit level and setup:

(Example of CB Setup) :4::K: > :9::K: > :3::P: > :6::6::P: (CB)

(Featherweight post-CB) :7::K: > BT :8::P: > :9::P: > :7::K: > BT :H+K: > BT :P::P::6::P::K:

I recently found that PPPP works well on slopes. Example for lightweights:

(Lightweights, Slope) :6::P+K: > :4::P::K: > :7::K: > BT :K::K: > :9::P: > :P::P::P::P:

Normally, you'd go for the :P::P::6::P::K: finisher. However, I found that :P::P::P::P: works better because it deals more damage and provides more knockback on slopes.

Yeah, now that i've used it it she feels like a beginner character with it. Easy buttons, but also punishes spam, since you can screw yourself over by using it at the wrong time.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD