Characters Marie Rose Combo and Strategy thread

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
I know she has a combo change her pp6pp has a different ender... 36p so now it can wall hit XD

FatalxInnocence

I know she has a combo change her pp6pp has a different ender... 36p so now it can wall hit XD

Do we know if it works off all variations of 9P? Cause I've only seen it done off PPP... can you actually PP6PP236P? Also does anyone know if the string is just PPPP? or is it PPP236P? I get the feeling it's been molded into 1 string. Similar to Kasumi being able to PPPPP.

Wish people who actually played the game dished out some info xD I've been curious about this since it was shown in the pre-order DLC trailer.

KING JAIMY

Do we know if it works off all variations of 9P? Cause I've only seen it done off PPP... can you actually PP6PP236P? Also does anyone know if the string is just PPPP? or is it PPP236P? I get the feeling it's been molded into 1 string. Similar to Kasumi being able to PPPPP.

Wish people who actually played the game dished out some info xD I've been curious about this since it was shown in the pre-order DLC trailer.
Is it the PPP Meow (236P) string?
Perhaps she'll get PPPMeow and maybe PP6PPMeow, 6PPMeow or 9PMeow. Not too sure.

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor

I think I actually like the idea of the ppp 236p input, It'll seem more natural ! For sure

KING JAIMY

Lmao Jaimy stop lol now you'll have me calling it the meow string XD
Heh heh. I call that move 'Meow' instead of 236P because we aren't entirely sure that the actual string input is going to be PPP236P. It could be the case that the 'Meow' in a movestring is gonna have a different input than the standalone 'Meow' (236P) I used 'Meow' just for funsies ;)

Nuke-Nin

I think her tag with Honoka is bland :( I wish they made it more fun... im really hoping they don't touch MR command ss lol
too bad LOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLLOL

have you even seen Genfu's with Eliot? they wasted so much potentional

the only one to even come close to epic was Phase 4's Tengu's and im probably being biased here but Kasumi

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
too bad LOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLLOL

have you even seen Genfu's with Eliot? they wasted so much potentional

the only one to even come close to epic was Phase 4's Tengu's and im probably being biased here but Kasumi

I didnt see one for those two... let me go look again lol When i saw Honoka/Marie tag i was like -_- They lazy asses smh

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
What is a move she has that is most useful I should abuse ?! Other than her command ss... I was thinking maybe h+k but its slow and predictable

KING JAIMY

What is a move she has that is most useful I should abuse ?! Other than her command ss... I was thinking maybe h+k but its slow and predictable
I can give you some pointers:

H+K is good if you've already got the opponent in stun. Limbo stun gives a guaranteed 7K and afterwards you can do the same amount of juggles as in a CB combo (gives same launch height). So I think it's a good tool overall.

66K is nice. It's a whiff punisher, it's safe and it gives a crumple stun which you cannot slow escape. One of Marie's best ranged tools.
BT 2K is good in some situations. Unsafe but crushes mids like crazy.
4PK gives two stuns on Normal Hit. Semi-safe but I get away with it most of the time.
9K and 9K4 give a stun on Normal Hit. Also: Safe and crushes lows. 9K4 allows for more mix-ups.
6P+K also gives a stun on Normal Hit. You have a lot of options from here. You can go into Rondo or Minuet for many mix-ups. It's safe as well.
3H+K covers great distance and stuns on Normal Hit. Disadvantage: The move is unsafe on block.
P+K crushes lows. Safe and has 236P (Meow) follow-up on counter hit.
236P (Meow) is great as a wall splat, especially when there's some space between you and the opponent. Use it sparingly though, it's unsafe on block.
BT OH is a no-brainer and should be in everyone's Marie play. Gets you a guaranteed 8K launch with PPP > PP6PK follow-up. Or you can go for the mindgame with the the almost endless amount of options she has.
3P is a good lift stun. Is guaranteed after KK sit-down or 64P sit-down. Has a delayable kick follow-up too.
4P+K Rondo Parry works well against punch-heavy characters (e.g. Gen Fu or Christie)
BT H+K is one of your main juggles. On block it's safe and the guard pressure is huge for your opponent. Blockstun is big so almost impossible to hold the second part of the animation.

Overall, I tend to use Marie's safe moves and moves which stun on Normal Hit so you don't have to rely on counter hits. She is a great character imo, aside from the lack of efficiency when played beyond close range.

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
Shut the fuck up BT 2k crushes mids too ?! No stagger from 66k... imma use that more often too

FatalxInnocence

Uhhh, wait. BT 2K crushing mids is cool and all, but BT T crushes... i dunno... every standing strike, and it's less likely to be throw punished in comparison to BT 2K. I wouldn't even be using BT 2K much if I was you. I say this because people are most likely going to anticipate BT T which they will respond with either attempting to throw, or crouch to avoid it. If you add BT 2K into your BT repertoire you're giving them more reason to crouch- avoiding your BT OH + blocking BT 2K enabling them to throw punish you.

BT 2K is too risky considering how high priority BT T is with Marie. And considering standing throws don't hit crouching ( obviously. ) I'd seriously just focus on her BT 4K mixup with BT T.

That's just my two cents anyway~

Oh, and BT H+K is throw punishable on block. It's not safe. Her only safe move in her BT is BT KKK. BT 8PPP is throw punishable, BT H+K is throw punishable, BT 4P is throw punishable, BT 2K is throw punishable BT 4KK/2K are throw punishable but at least there's a mix-up in that one so it's fine by me.

Last edited:

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
Uhhh, wait. BT 2K crushing mids is cool and all, but BT T crushes... i dunno... every standing strike, and it's less likely to be throw punished in comparison to BT 2K. I wouldn't even be using BT 2K much if I was you. I say this because people are most likely going to anticipate BT T which they will respond with either attempting to throw, or crouch to avoid it. If you add BT 2K into your BT repertoire you're giving them more reason to crouch- avoiding your BT OH + blocking BT 2K enabling them to throw punish you.

BT 2K is too risky considering how high priority BT T is with Marie. And considering standing throws don't hit crouching ( obviously. ) I'd seriously just focus on her BT 4K mixup with BT T.

Oh, and BT H+K is throw punishable on block. It's not safe. Her only safe move in her BT is BT KKK. BT 8PPP is throw punishable, BT H+K is throw punishable, BT 4P is throw punishable, BT 2K is throw punishable BT 4KK/2K are throw punishable but at least there's a mix-up in that one so it's fine by me.
Just for mix up purposes ! i didnt know bt kkk was safe i like even more now XD

FatalxInnocence

Just for mix up purposes ! i didnt know bt kkk was safe i like even more now XD

it's -7 so people can neutral throw you- but you can escape that so... just gotta be on your toes. 6T wont punish it though. So no guaranteed damage. Just keep an eye on her animation. You'll notice BT KKK, the last kick is the same kick as her 6PK- which is safe. Also -7. Same with every string ending in the 9P animation, same frame- so it's safe.

My problem with BT 2K is that it eliminates that extra chance of landing BT OH. Cause it gives them more opportunities to crouch. And using it for the fact "it crushes mids" is odd to me cause BT OH beats out all strikes... and leaves her in a more advantageous position + it has like 3 hits that are guaranteed after it. Heck, you can insta launch off it if you want to- for less damage, but at least that damage is guaranteed.

I think off BT 2K you can only get a 3P or 6P. Not sure. But it's an odd sacrifice if you're using it solely to crush mids. Even then I want them to be more scared of BT 4K since it's a mid with a mix-up and it will keep them standing, giving you more BT T opportunities.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'm making sense to anyone but myself hahahahaha so I'm just going to hush now xD

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
it's -7 so people can neutral throw you- but you can escape that so... just gotta be on your toes. 6T wont punish it though. So no guaranteed damage. Just keep an eye on her animation. You'll notice BT KKK, the last kick is the same kick as her 6PK- which is safe. Also -7. Same with every string ending in the 9P animation, same frame- so it's safe.

My problem with BT 2K is that it eliminates that extra chance of landing BT OH. Cause it gives them more opportunities to crouch. And using it for the fact "it crushes mids" is odd to me cause BT OH beats out all strikes... and leaves her in a more advantageous position + it has like 3 hits that are guaranteed after it. Heck, you can insta launch off it if you want to- for less damage, but at least that damage is guaranteed.

I think off BT 2K you can only get a 3P or 6P. Not sure. But it's an odd sacrifice if you're using it solely to crush mids. Even then I want them to be more scared of BT 4K since it's a mid with a mix-up and it will keep them standing, giving you more BT T opportunities.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'm making sense to anyone but myself hahahahaha so I'm just going to hush now xD

No I'm sure most of us go through scenarios in our heads too lol

KING JAIMY

First off, I said BT 2K is good in some situations. It's useful against characters who are reliant on highs like Rig or Jacky. I never talked about abusing the move.

I agree with everything you said about BT OH.

I'd say BT H+K is much better in a juggle than as a standalone move. It's just that the blockstun is big enough to scare your opponent not to throw punish you. I can't recall the move being unsafe though, I'll look that up later. Even if it is unsafe, you can get away with it most of the time in practice. I've seen offline tournament matches irl and even high-level players don't throw punish that move often on block.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD