Marie Rose Safety

Kris Emery

Now with frame data how do you tell if a move is safe?

And if I'm understanding correctly marie rondo is safe if you end it with a back turn?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Now with frame data how do you tell if a move is safe?

And if I'm understanding correctly marie rondo is safe if you end it with a back turn?
In Training mode set the AI to COM REACTION > THROW, and set COM ACTION > to GUARD ALL. Toss out a strike on the dummy's guard. If they throw it, the attack is at least punishable by neutral throw. Then you can try this, use COM RECORDING > RECORD and input the desired strike twice consecutively with no spacing between inputs (but keep the inputs clean). With COM RECORDING > REPLAY, have the dummy toss out the desired strike then block & 6T it. If you throw the dummy, it's punishable by an i7 command throw. If you get Hi-counter blown, the move isn't punishable by an i7 throw (or you were too slow).

With the MOVE DETAILS, you can check "on-paper" safety by noting that -6 to -7 is punishable by neutral throw and -8 and worse is punishable by an i7 command throw. -12 or worse can possibly be strike-punished by i10 jabs. Main issue is that pushback and air states can make moves safer than they appear on paper.

Kris Emery

In Training mode set the AI to COM REACTION > THROW, and set COM ACTION > to GUARD ALL. Toss out a strike on the dummy's guard. If they throw it, the attack is at least punishable by neutral throw. Then you can try this, use COM RECORDING > RECORD and input the desired strike twice consecutively with no spacing between inputs (but keep the inputs clean). With COM RECORDING > REPLAY, have the dummy toss out the desired strike then block & 6T it. If you throw the dummy, it's punishable by an i7 command throw. If you get Hi-counter blown, the move isn't punishable by an i7 throw (or you were too slow).

With the MOVE DETAILS, you can check "on-paper" safety by noting that -6 to -7 is punishable by neutral throw and -8 and worse is punishable by an i7 command throw. -12 or worse can possibly be strike-punished by i10 jabs. Main issue is that pushback and air states can make moves safer than they appear on paper.
Whoa ok but I'm definitely gonna test this out when I get home

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Keep in mind that's on single strikes and finished strings. You can technically throw someone mid-string but that is a risk, rather than it is actual punishment.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD