Mortal Kombat thread.

Derga

I like that they gave the women bodies that actually looked like they were trained for combat. I just don't understand how they can fuck up the faces so bad. I mean I can do better looking faces in the TES:Oblivion character creator.

SpellBound

I like that they gave the women bodies that actually looked like they were trained for combat. I just don't understand how they can fuck up the faces so bad. I mean I can do better looking faces in the TES:Oblivion character creator.
Kitana's Alt.2 in MK9 ughhhhhh That face....
It was so bad, it made me feel like my face war pretty haha

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
BTW, that was Wiz Khalifa rapping that beat. Man 2014 has been good to me. I missed out on Mario Kart 8 1st time. I be damned if I miss out on 1st day of one of my all-time greatest fighting game franchises (Besides DOA, SF & VF)! #Hype

Blazeincarnated

Here's some high quality Scorpion Renders

image-041a8e30-a68f-4a7b-8488-393bf322c0f8.jpg
image-c42d1fca-0e11-4942-a211-93db860dab84.jpg

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
No sub zero renders?......of course not. Someone should tell ed boon just because he's a fan of Scorpian doesn't mean he's got to be a dick to sub zero

Something cool I've noticed is that Scorpian stayed frozen when he was thrown, this probably means throws a gaurteed like that now

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
The animation was terrible, imo. Looked like one of those CGI fight scenes from the 90s, back before they knew how to make CG movement somewhat convincing. Too slow and fluid, like Shakespearian actors. Really ugly to watch. Hope it's not like that in the actual game.

That said, I'm still super-hyped. Just kinda wish they weren't so damn predictable with Scorpion winning every mother-fucking time.

Also, isn't Sub-Zero a robot these days?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Elements from Injustice coming in, it seems. Predictable but still not promising. I didn't play Injustice for a reason and it wasn't because of the license. Probably going to get this for the story mode again and not take it seriously. Can't get into the new MK style since the switch to 3D. Feels like you paw at your opponent's general direction. No impact to hits and the controls don't feel like MK in the classic sense.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
yeah the animation seems a bit off, not just that but this seems more like two street brawlers going at it rather than trained martial artist

what i got from this trailer:
counters are still in

parries i believe are being added

weapons can be picked up from the stage, this may remove them from general movesets

new original stages

super charge moves

environmental interaction

Xrays might not knock down the opponent anymore

Scorpian changes:
may be able to grab you from the ground if you dont tech, in other words fuck the wakeup game

Sub Zero changes:
freezing+ grab = guaranteed damage

or at least thats what i THINK is happening.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
The animation was terrible, imo. Looked like one of those CGI fight scenes from the 90s, back before they knew how to make CG movement somewhat convincing. Too slow and fluid, like Shakespearian actors. Really ugly to watch. Hope it's not like that in the actual game.

That said, I'm still super-hyped. Just kinda wish they weren't so damn predictable with Scorpion winning every mother-fucking time.

Also, isn't Sub-Zero a robot these days?

I have to disagree that CGI trailer was awesome aside from the lame rap music

Gurimmjaw

Well cause it's his fate lol.

Seriously, Ed Boon does favor Scorpion over Sub Zero so it comes as no surprise why Scorpion always wins.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD